Really Advanced Setup

Except for the maps from the official base game, the 2 expansions and the official DLCs, I have no modded maps installed, but this mod still doesn't work.
I cannot choose to deactivate certain civs.
I cannot choose map size or type.

This is really frustrating, is there anywhere that I could download an earlier version, I don't want to have to wait for a fix.

Did you try clearing the Civ5 cache?

I have the same problem, i cant select map size or type either and clearing the cache doesnt seem to have helped. Assuming this is caused by non-firaxis maps, how do i fix it? Which maps are firaxis maps anyway?

Its not possible to make the game place a custom natural wonder while ignoring the usual requirements? What are the requirements anyway?

Non Firaxis maps are loaded using the mods panel in the game. I have every Firaxis map and the mod works for fine for me. The only time I've seen this problem is when I download other maps. Try disabling everything in the mod panel then resetting the Civ 5 cache. If the map panel works then you can try adding things back a few at a time and checking if the mod works.

To clear the Civ 5 cache:
1. Make sure you exit Civ 5.
2. Find the Civ 5 cache folder.
It's location might vary slightly depending on what operating system you have.
Mine is located at: "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache".
3. Delete the cache folder.
4. Restart Civ 5 and load the mod in the usual fashion.

I purposely kept the wonder requirements so that they would have the same feel as the standard in-game wonders. There's a million and one requirements such as terrain type, near the coast, not near the coast etc... You can check the appropriate XML files for more details.

Didnt help, but lua.log did bring this up :

70591.297] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Question\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Really Advanced Setup (v 13)\Lua\GTAS_Utilities.lua:212: attempt to call field 'Maps' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
C:\Users\Question\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Really Advanced Setup (v 13)\Lua\GTAS_Utilities.lua:212: in function 'GetMaps'
C:\Users\Question\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Really Advanced Setup (v 13)\UI\Main\GTAS_MapPanel.lua:56: in function 'BuildMapType'
C:\Users\Question\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Really Advanced Setup (v 13)\UI\Main\GTAS_MapPanel.lua:786: in function 'PerformBuild'
C:\Users\Question\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Really Advanced Setup (v 13)\UI\Main\GTAS_MapPanel.lua:844: in function <C:\Users\Question\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Really Advanced Setup (v 13)\UI\Main\GTAS_MapPanel.lua:835>

Thanks. I'll check into it. By the way what version are you using?

Since I like to play mp games with some friends & some ai, do you think it would be possible to add the option to make human players start as far apart as possible?

Well i reinstalled and that seems to have fixed it. I guess my install must have been corrupted or something.

Is there any way to change the number of religions that may be founded without adjusting map size?

@ashizen: This mod doesn't mess with the actual placement of starting locations. It was a conscious design decision. I was afraid that it would cause to many problems with some maps.

@Question: I've been thinking about adding some religion options but haven't gotten around to it.

First of all, great mod! Thank you for the hard work :)
I was wondering why the mod doesn't allow to manipulate the placement of The Great Barrier Reef. Is there some game mechanic that makes this impossible?
I wanted to start a game with Spain next to the GBR, just for fun :p

Thanks, I'm glad you like the mod.
For some reason GBR ends up being invisible more times than not when I add it to the map. My mod adds the natural wonders after the map is 100% completed. I guess that might have something to do with it. So far I haven't been able to find a solution.

use this mod with the 4 communitas mods(3.17)
but i now get no bridges after engineering

not sure if it started in v13 or not, but i don't remember getting this issue before

anyone else have this ?

sorry, just tested again and this is just being caused by communitas...

is there a way to load a scenario with this ?

This mod replaces the standard Advanced Setup screen. So it can be used anyway that screen is used.

I haven't loaded a scenario in a long time so I'm not absolutely certain myself. But as far as I know it's not possible because the standard Advanced Setup screen (and therefor my mod) is not available when loading a scenario.

I haven't loaded a scenario in a long time so I'm not absolutely certain myself. But as far as I know it's not possible because the standard Advanced Setup screen (and therefor my mod) is not available when loading a scenario.

thank you i wish it can be made possible with this mod

The mod suddenly stopped working for me. I've already played 3 games with it enabled, but now whenever I click Advanced Setup and I get a blank screen (only the background shows up). I've tried disabling all other mods, redownloading the mod, deleting the cache folder, and deleting the ModUserData folder, but none of those worked. I'm also on Linux, but I don't know how much that changes things and it was working before.

--EDIT--

Disregard this, I'm an idiot who didn't realize that I restarted and didn't make the mods folder case insensetive again.

I noticed that when trying to add random natural wonders to the map, the generator would put them within 3 tiles of a CS...is there any way to avoid that? It just defaults to "placement : near" and there is no option for me to change it so that it is random instead of near a CS.

Use the map panel to place items randomly across the map. Use the player panel to place items relative to player starting locations. This mod currently doesn't place items relative to city states.

Top Bottom