Kilimanjaro: Altitude Training

Razonatair

Chieftain
I don't think this has been mentioned anywhere else, but it seems Mt. Kilimanjaro now gives the promotion Altitude Training to units that enter a tile next to it. Altitude training doubles movement in hills and increases strength by 10% in them, which is pretty freaking powerful.

I don't think this has been mentioned anywhere else, but it seems Mt. Kilimanjaro now gives the promotion Altitude Training to units that enter a tile next to it. Altitude training doubles movement in hills and increases strength by 10% in them, which is pretty freaking powerful.

Now, if the Inca got a hold of Mt. Kilimanjaro.

I was wondering where my units picked up that handy ability.

Yes, it's mentioned in the stickied "what we know" thread. But it's a nice touch to have it nearby for some extra training of your troops.

I've already have Kilimanjaro and King Solomon's Mines in my ~5 games of BNW, and Kilimanjaro is the one I like the most.

Kilimanjaro has a nice tile yield, even, in addition to the special stuff (3 food, 2 culture is nice now that cultural buildings generate less culture).

Yet to see Lake Victoria.

My Shoshone Highlands capital was five tiles from Kilimanjaro. It's one heck of a NW to have. Interestingly enough, I think the AI is programmed to recognize its significance too. Until my cultural borders cut it off completely from them I saw Denmark and Polynesia send a few guys to get the buff and then move along elsewhere.

I've already have Kilimanjaro and King Solomon's Mines in my ~5 games of BNW, and Kilimanjaro is the one I like the most.

Kilimanjaro has a nice tile yield, even, in addition to the special stuff (3 food, 2 culture is nice now that cultural buildings generate less culture).

Yet to see Lake Victoria.

Lake Victoria is nice, it's got a food yield of 6. Nothing else to it, but great for growing up an early city. My last game I found it, a good distance from my capitol, closer to my nearest AI civ. I rushed a settler so I could get him there to settle by the lake.

My Shoshone Highlands capital was five tiles from Kilimanjaro. It's one heck of a NW to have. Interestingly enough, I think the AI is programmed to recognize its significance too. Until my cultural borders cut it off completely from them I saw Denmark and Polynesia send a few guys to get the buff and then move along elsewhere.
Go AI! :)

Its too bad they tied this ability to a mountain in Africa. To me it screams Gurkha's.

It's a fun NW. Seems too strong though. I loved it when I got it near my capital in SP, but I'm going to probably do a rage quit when I get steamrolled by supertroops in MP. Its waaaaay more powerful than FoY.

Comanche Riders upgraded to Landships combined with Lightning Warfare are hilarious. Six movement, ignore zone of control. Regular tanks and up will be SEVEN movement. Altitude Training on top of that would be even funnier, double movement in hills.

Comanche Riders upgraded to Landships combined with Lightning Warfare are hilarious. Six movement, ignore zone of control. Regular tanks and up will be SEVEN movement. Altitude Training on top of that would be even funnier, double movement in hills.

Now, if the Inca had Comanche Riders (from a militaristic city-state), lightning warfare, and upgraded the Comanche Riders to tanks, and have them visit Mt. Kilimanjaro...

I had a game as Portugal with Lake Victoria like 10 hexes from my capital, founded my second city there next to the coast. The city really does take off fast. Somewhere around 7-8 pop it slows back down to normal, but still a really good early jump.

Time to start a game as Spain and restart until you get lake victoria close by. A city with a 12 food tile should be really interesting.

Top Bottom