Gosh darn it I spawned next to Shaka...

Gucumatz

JS, secretly Rod Serling
I don't play many singleplayer games compared to multiplayer, but I have played one and started another. Both times I have spawned next to Shaka [Immortal at the moment] and my god Monty looks like a pansy compared to him.

If I bribe him to attack another civ, his city spamming Impi promoted units just zerg kill everything. In civ 4 he would always take most of Africa on a TSL map and he would try and rush you, but he was never great [Same in Civ 3]... until Civ 5.

Impis with 3 movement everywhere are painful, particularly in rough terrain like Jungles on the Indonesia fractal map I am playing [Which Shaka is trying to ruin for me after I got an epic lake for my UBs, 3 Heroism upgraded longswords from my UU and a 3 move/extra attack longsword] :p

I think Shaka may be one of the most powerful AI civs in game thanks to his insane UB, UU, and AI ability to spam like crazy. Shaka in previous games was more like Monty. But now... he has become death, destroyer of perfect starts.

shaka is more fun on diety.. I stole his 2 starting workers around turn 8.. crippled his ass for a while (gave me time to get some units), and when the Impi-Rain started, i farmed his army for 2 GG's and 3 very nice logistics, +range archers. Shaka is the more annoying version of Atilla.

He tore atilla the hun a new hole and then proceeded to dow Venice, I suspect India is next and after india, I'm his target.

Yeah I hate this guy too.

The initial rush isn't that hard to hold off with 3 CB's, but once he gets Impis it's nearly impossible without crossbows. The promotion those melee units get are INSANE.

He seems pretty tough, I had a game with him, and he wasn't so bad, i killed him because he was too busy making a settler to do anything.

Do you think he'll get nerfed?

He seems pretty tough, I had a game with him, and he wasn't so bad, i killed him because he was too busy making a settler to do anything.

Do you think he'll get nerfed?

I hope so, but I only want it so that the Ikanda gives only 1 of the unique promotions rather than all of them.

I hope so, but I only want it so that the Ikanda gives only 1 of the unique promotions rather than all of them.

Unless I am mistaken...it does only give one of them. There is an achievement for getting all 3 of them on a soldier which implies to me you don't get them all at once.

I also seem to remember reading on the forum that you get 1, and then you can get the other 2 through experience.

I may be wrong though, haven't played them.

For maximum fun, hand-pick Shaka, Alexander, Attila, Montezuma, and Genghis, then set the map to Pangea/Small and choose to play as Venice. :lol:

It only gives one, you can pick up the other 2 through promotions.

That's what I meant. That each Impi can only have (whether given or earned) 1 of the unique promotions. That way it keeps it balanced and more fun with strategy rather than having all your Impi be unstoppable Ubermensch with 3 movement, 2 10% strength increases, a load of flanking bonuses and a boost vs. gunpowder.

I have started to bring back my Zulu Protocol. Basically, if you start next him, annihilate everything within his borders. I have played three games so far, but only completed two. The first game I was playing as France and the Zulus were my neighbor. He had me erased from the map by turn 75. I will only make that mistake once.

Top Bottom