Will Hitler be seen in a more positive way in the far future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if genocide will continue well into the future, I think that it would eventually desensitize us from this one particular genocide.

I agree that Hitler's genocide will always be looked on as uniquely horrific, given that it was not a political struggle.

what the heck

Well, if genocide will continue well into the future, I think that it would eventually desensitize us from this one particular genocide.

Not necessarily. Few people have the way of thinking to actually be able to envision and execute a genocide and not get flinched as the previous posts already indicate. One can only be desensitised to genocide by either witnessing it up close, carry it out yourself or by being completely ignorant about it all together.

I think, too, that the genocides we've witnessed since WW2 - Cambodia, Rwanda, and Bosnia to name but three - have each been uniquely horrifying too.

I suggest that each genocide is different. So getting desensitized to them is less likely.

No, not necessarily. After all, there have, as people have pointed out, been plenty of genocides since that one, but that hasn't stopped it being regarded as uniquely atrocious. I don't see why, necessarily, that couldn't continue to be the case even if genocides continue, and even if genocides are committed that are in some way even worse. Reality is one thing, and the cultural perception of reality is another. And indeed you said as much yourself when you said that "I agree that Hitler's genocide will always be looked on as uniquely horrific".

To be honest, I don't think it's really possible to project far into the future regarding cultural things like this.

what the heck

I'm rambling lol.

adolph will be exonarated of all the wrongdoings if and when the West no longer needs an Israel .

it is rather a fact of sorts , in that anti-Semitism could make a big comeback . Have bet stuff that it would take only 6 months for the first camp to open . Israel is the pin that holds the current Western policy about the entire Middle East ; any offer to anybody in the region to share the loot with Israel (the naughty boy who whips everybody if America permits) seems to work wonders .

it is rather a fact of sorts , in that anti-Semitism could make a big comeback . Have bet stuff that it would take only 6 months for the first camp to open . Israel is the pin that holds the current Western policy about the entire Middle East ; any offer to anybody in the region to share the loot with Israel (the naughty boy who whips everybody if America permits) seems to work wonders .
Not even close to true. Outside of the US and UK, most Western states support Palestine. And even the Anglo-Saxon states support Saudi Arabia more.

supporting Palestine does nothing in terms of getting people to cut each others' throats , at least not anymore . ı just read in today's newspaper that the US has threatened toplling the King of Jordan if he doesn't toe in . Don't know what Abdullah is supposed to do more , invade himself ?

supporting Palestine does nothing in terms of getting people to cut each others' throats , at least not anymore . ı just read in today's newspaper that the US has threatened toplling the King of Jordan if he doesn't toe in . Don't know what Abdullah is supposed to do more , invade himself ?
Find a different newspaper. The ones you are reading are full of lies. The US is on extremely good terms with Jordan.

Find a different newspaper. The ones you are reading are full of lies.

ı support the UN Resolution 242 without any clear idea what it actually entails and have been accused of being Jewish among all the other stuff ı had to endure when jokes on me were no longer funny after 3 years and so . Am trying to be realistic : Israel is none of things its opponents claim or defenders suppose . So ı doubt there is any need to convince me on stuff related to that .

Not even close to true. Outside of the US and UK, most Western states support Palestine. And even the Anglo-Saxon states support Saudi Arabia more.
That's only because Saudi Arabia provides support for the Anglo-Saxons in their war against Arthur.

Germany?

Ah, my apologies, Germany still feels bad enough about the whole 'Holocaust' thing to support Israel virtually unconditionally. That won't last forever though. Australia has its tongue firmly embedded in Israel's backside as well, though I don't know how we can possibly assist them in any way. Send them sheep?

What does "support Palestine" mean?

Ah, my apologies, Germany still feels bad enough about the whole 'Holocaust' thing to support Israel virtually unconditionally. That won't last forever though. Australia has its tongue firmly embedded in Israel's backside as well, though I don't know how we can possibly assist them in any way. Send them sheep?

I doubt that by the time Germany is able to let go due to the Holocaust, the Israel-Palestine conflict is still ongoing. Besides, Germany has invested quite a lot of effort in its relationship with Israel already, so even when the Nazi past ceases to be of influence, it may not be smart on Germany's part to let it go.

The Netherlands is fairly Pro-Israel in part due to historical reasons and the other part due to commercial ties (as the Netherlands allows US arms shipments to Israel via Schiphol). In fact, Western European countries like France may actually become more sympathetic towards Israel, and certainly not less, due to Islam related controversies. For instance, Italy, which used to be one of the most Pro-Arab countries in Europe shifted towards Israel since Silvio Berlusconi and hasn't really turned back since.

"Taxes were lower during Hitler's time than they are during Tusk's time".

This is one of slogans used by Janusz Korwin-Mikke to criticize the current Polish government.

And also:

"We live in Hitlerite times, but during actual Hitler's time taxes were lower."

Or this:

"How long it took in General Government to be granted permission for opening a cafe? Just two days. Try in our times to obtain a permission for opening a cafe in two days, and you will find out, that even Hitler was a more liberal politician than Kaczyński, Tusk and the rest of them."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janusz_Korwin-Mikke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom