Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

I have exactly the same problem on my laptop. Mod works fine on PC. And I believe I've found a solution to this problem. Today I transferred mod files from PC to my laptop and there was something interesting...
Here's what's inside a TechTree folder when I download a mod on my laptop:
Spoiler :

And here's the contents of the TechTree folder I've downloaded on my PC:
Spoiler :

For some reason some .LUA and .XML files are just folders named "folder.lua" or "folder.xml" and not actual .lua or .xml files.
And this happens in other modules as well, specifically those modules that you see "doubles" in-game (original interface overlapping modded).
Try this vesrion: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxg6s8ceoc6q3y0/UI_bc1.rar?dl=0
That's the one I've downloaded on my PC that doesn't have those empty folders and works flawlessly on my laptop.

Dude, thank you so much, the version you uploaded worked for me!

Dude, thank you so much, the version you uploaded worked for me!
Not a problem :)
I thought that it was something wrong with my Civ after reinstalling OS on my laptop and that was pretty frustrating :(
Also, just creating dummy files with the same name as those folders should do the trick as well (if people don't want to redownload a mod). Seems like those original dummy files are there just to block the original interface layer so that's why we had this double-interface issue.

Not a problem :)
I thought that it was something wrong with my Civ after reinstalling OS on my laptop and that was pretty frustrating :(
Also, just creating dummy files with the same name as those folders should do the trick as well (if people don't want to redownload a mod). Seems like those original dummy files are there just to block the original interface layer so that's why we had this double-interface issue.

I see.

It was pretty frustrating, but I didn't have a version that worked so I just resorted to not using it at all.

Either way, at least you gave people who have this issue 2 methods to fix it. :D

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum and pretty new to Civ in general, at least definitely compared to everyone here. I just wanted to make this post for a couple of reasons.

First, I wanted to thank and congratulate bc1 and everyone involved on making a remarkable job. The mod immensely improves the amount of incredibly usfeul information while at the same time it streamlines the interface and is very intuitive.

Second, I just wanted to express my excitement on joining the forum. Civ V is definitely a game I see myself playing for months if not years to come. It's great to have a place to get in touch with enthusiasts, get more immersed in the game and possibly play a game or two (or three... or four...) together.

Third, more of a technical question regarding the mod. I just wanted to know a few things:
Is it possible to completely remove the left unit ribbon? I loaded an atomic era game to test the mod's capabilities and when you have more than 10 units the clarity just isn't there, and I prefer to just use the drop down unit list from the top left menu. And once the ribbon is removed, is it then possible to move the diplomacy ribbon to the left in order to occupy the previously unused space?
EDIT:Also, is it possibly to remove the civ ribbon when in the negotiation screen? The unique styles of leaders are very appealing to me and I feel like it is destroyed by the clutter on the right.

Thanks and again, great job on the mod.

hi everyone, quick question. I installed EUI and it works perfectly well but I can't find culture victory overview screen where I used to check out tourism influence and also the econimic overview screen where I could see the table of all my cities with their hammers, beakers, culture and so on.
Could anyone help pls?

These were "eliminated" (previously on the drop-down list) but can still be accessed from other places rather than having to click on formal EUI Icons on the current Horizontal Ribbon stack.
Economic Overview is now pulled from the Info-Corner (City -- shortcut line at the bottom) while Cultural Overview has been given a mouse-hover shortcut via the Tourism "Suitcase" on the Top-Panel.

I can't find culture victory overview screen
left click on your tourism in top panel
I can't find econimic overview screen
left click on your gold in top panel

most of the info in EUI's top panel have expanded mouse over tooltips, is left clickable (screen popup), and right clickable (pedia).

Cheers

Very Nice DLC/mod. I would like to see options to disable the unit ribbon and the civ leader ribbon(while also disabling the score list.) Also, to have icons for all the great people generation and not just the closest.

Very Nice DLC/mod. I would like to see options to disable the unit ribbon and the civ leader ribbon(while also disabling the score list.) Also, to have icons for all the great people generation and not just the closest.
Read the manual, this mod is moddable.

I am going absolutely bonkers here because I installed this with a handful of other mods, all of which seem to work, although I'm watching CSD and this closely because the conflicting .luas don't even seem to be present in CSD anymore.

HOWEVER, with this mod installed, I cannot for the life of me find where, if it even exists anymore, the "Menu" which had the Victory progress, Diplomacy, Notifications, etc. I realize it's been replaced with the Icons at the top right however..I can't seem to access the "Quick Turns" mods settings without it.

Quick Turns adds a menu option to the list usually so you can configure it, without that list I'm, as I said, pulling my hair out because it's the only little thing I can't get to work right now!

Edit: Hm, I ripped everything out and just installed Quick Turns and it doesn't show up even in Vanilla. So now I have no idea what's going on. Going to try the original jcrafts instead.

Try Unchecking the "No Basic Tooltip Help" & "Multiplayer Score List" options. And, RTM on page #1 while you still can! ;)

Still the same.
What does RTM on page #1 mean?

Any other suggestions? This is so annoying. That function where you can see all the info on the other leaders are one of the best traits of the mod imo:cry:

RTM (Read the manual)... it contains recommendations to troubleshoot most issues players may have.

There's still one more thing you could try - Clearing the cache; this involves a deleting process of all files located in the game cache folder (*/*/My documents/*/...etc) and then, restarting the game with brand new datasets.
The game will take a bit longer to load but that's normal - the code is re-creating important stuff while checking out your installed mods and their various references in tricky DB collections.

After this, i don't have a clue about what might be wrong... sorry.

RTM (Read the manual)... it contains recommendations to troubleshoot most issues players may have.

There's still one more thing you could try - Clearing the cache; this involves a deleting process of all files located in the game cache folder (*/*/My documents/*/...etc) and then, restarting the game with brand new datasets.
The game will take a bit longer to load but that's normal - the code is re-creating important stuff while checking out your installed mods and their various references in tricky DB collections.

After this, i don't have a clue about what might be wrong... sorry.

Ahh okay. Thx for the advice. Gonna try that too.

Still the same. Mousing over the leaders doesn't show any information except if we are at war/friends, covet lands and such. No info on ongoing trades, availble ressources and all the other stuff that it used to tell. As far as I remember, it showed all these things in v 1.17

Bc1. can you help please ?

I have read all the instructions in OP several times.

when i download this it appears as eui_v1_22a (winzip file)
is this correct because when i paste it into the assets/dlc folder it does not work for me
can someone explain this to me please :confused:

when i download this it appears as eui_v1_22a (winzip file)
is this correct because when i paste it into the assets/dlc folder it does not work for me
can someone explain this to me please :confused:
You need to extract it of course ;).

Top Bottom