Extra Victory Conditions

@Gurra09, @Chrisbburn
I have tested my mod with Historic Religions, More Pantheons, and various denomination add-ons without issue, so I think I can safely rule those out as causing the problem. I will take a look at some of the other mods you mentioned and see if I can find any conflicts with mine.

It's more efficient - both pairs() and ipairs() are very inefficient (although you'll only notice a difference if you're within an event that calls many times, or you're writing loops within loops) - there are several threads about Lua optimisation/efficiency in the SDK sub-forum.

The other advantage is that you can stop the looping early, eg by using MAX_MAJOR_CIVS as suggested by JFD. Both pairs(Players) and ipairs(Players) will loop all 64 player slots - even those where the player was never alive, and also the barbarians (player 63)

That's good to know; thanks for the info.

I think it probably has something to do with JFDs Stephen. Not sure what will start a game tonight with him as the AI and see if I can get a repeat.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Hi mate,

Just started looking at mods and downloaded yours along with the Enhanced UI mod. Why Religion isn't a default option in the game I don't know.

Anyway I started a game, with both mods and it all seemed fine so saved and closed the single player game.

I exited the game and then restarted it but my game kept crashing at the loading screen. I removed both mods (theirs from the DLC folder and yours from the mods folder), yet it still kept crashing.

I have the latest version of the game and verified the game on steam twice but it still kept crashing. I tried putting one mod back in, then the other but it kept crashing.

I erased the cache, mod saved games & moduserdata files (from near the mod folder) and the game started back up again, so if anyone is having the same issue, just don't save the game when you are testing the mod. Other posters here seemed to not have the issue I did so it is a bit odd. Perhaps you are fine to save and there could be just something about my machine or set-up?

I have never used mods before so there was no interference from previous mods/dlc.

I am using windows 8.1 and 1.0.3.144
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512263 was the other mod i tried.
I have the deluxe version of the game from steam so has every DLC and pack i believe.

I wanted to have a multiplayer game with this mod, but could only seem to active it in single player. Was I doing something wrong or do DLC's work in multiplayer and mods only work in single player?

Thanks and let me know if you need anymore info on the above. Looks like a great mod though so keep up the good work :)

Edit: found this about multiplayer mods, thanks http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9901914

....[/url]

Further to the above, I got the game up and running again once i erased the mod saves and files but i put the mod back on and again can play no problem but if i save the game and then exit, the game crashes at the loading screen.

Is no-one else coming across this issue? Cheers :)

I think it probably has something to do with JFDs Stephen. Not sure what will start a game tonight with him as the AI and see if I can get a repeat.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nope. I just lost to a Phoenician Religious Victory on turn 11 :lol:

@Smidgeon

Are you loading the saves from within the MODS menu or are you trying to load a saved game from the main menu?
I had a user in the CEP forum with this problem and after many comments back and forth it turned up being this user oversight.

I only ask since you say you have never used mods before.

The way to load modded saves is via the same mod menu as you used to setup the game. The mods MUST be checked and loaded before loading the save.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

@Smidgeon
If you are loading the saves as instructed by ExpiredReign above and still getting problems, please let me know.

@JFD
I have re-uploaded the mod with some print statements that I think might help me narrow down what is going wrong. If you don't mind, could you download the new version, replay the game where things bugged out, and post your logs? Thanks in advance.

@Smidgeon

Are you loading the saves from within the MODS menu or are you trying to load a saved game from the main menu?

Hey mate, it is not that the save won't load, the issue is that the game won't load. If I save the game and then exit all the way then it when I try to start the game back up then it crashes at the point the first menu appears (after the BNW welcome loading screen). If i erase your mod, the mod saves, moduserdata and cache folder contents then I can start the game back up again. alas i dont get as far as the game menu's.

Hey mate, it is not that the save won't load, the issue is that the game won't load.

Downloaded a fresh copy of the mod and tried again. Wanted to try and disable G&K (to see if the problem lay there) however this time the game crashed on the menu's without me starting a game (i did go to a game setup, load the mod and once i realised i could not disable G&K from in there i quit to the main menu). The game then crashed.

No worries mate I don't want to give you any bother. I'll just go without mods, with some games taking countless hours lol i don't want to risk long games being lost.

@Smidgeon
Have you tried just deleting the cache folder? Recently I've had problems with my game randomly crashing on the initial loading, but whenever it does that I just delete the cache folder and everything starts working again. I do understand the concern about losing saves, though, so feel free to ignore my suggestion and just keep civving sans-mods. :)

@Everyone
Further testing has led me to believe that my mod conflicts with whoward's dll. If/when I figure out why, I'll post a fix.

Lost on turn 11 to an economic victory. Using Barathor's More Luxuries and a billion other mods, but still consistent with some other reports... just economic instead of religious.

Lost on turn 11 to an economic victory. Using Barathor's More Luxuries and a billion other mods, but still consistent with some other reports... just economic instead of religious.

I would bet you have whoward's dll running under some of your mods (there are quite a few mods based on it, since it greatly expands what can be done in Civ5). More testing on my part has revealed that it is not the religious portion of my mod that conflicts with the dll, for all of that code seems to be operating properly. Rather, it seems that the extra victories themselves might be what is causing the conflict with my mod, for when running my mod in conjunction with mods using whoward's dll I've found that consistently the game ends on turn 11 with a random player winning one of the two new victories without having met the conditions to trigger victory through my code. I have no idea why, so for the time being no one will be able to play both this mod and any mod that uses whoward's dll simultaneously. I do hope to find a fix, and will update this thread when/if I do.

Good news: whoward was kind enough to take a look at things and figured out what has been causing the problem, so I was able to fix my mod so that it can be played in conjunction with any mod that uses a custom dll (the problem was not specific to whoward's dll, but to all custom dlls). For any modders interested in knowing what was up, see this post. For everyone else, just download my mod again and over-write the previous files and things should be working for you.

Gave it a test run, and on turn 11 I received several notifications that "X is #Y in [religious/economic] and has earned 0 civilization points". The game didn't end or anything, and it persisted the turn afterward. They didn't seem to return a for a few turns afterward, but that was the extent of my test. Since they have the trophy icon for victory conditions, I think this minor issue will flat out tell you everyone in the game, which is kind of lame if you mouse over them.

@pyroflare77 - if you're up for editing the new VC xml entries, see post #778 here

Just add it after the WinsGame line then

Code:
<TargetScore>true</TargetScore>

Top Bottom