permanent alliance ?

NKVD

Cossack
so I've read in the disk (manual) that you can have a permanent alliance and you'll share everything...can you do that in a single game or only multiplayer ?

NKVD said:
so I've read in the disk (manual) that you can have a permanent alliance and you'll share everything...can you do that in a single game or only multiplayer ?

Go into the single player, then custom game. Next select the same number on the drop down box, i.e. 1 and 1 will be on the same team. You will share techs, and line of site etc. You will also have the same relations towards other civs as they do and vise versa. The same will be true for MP games.

MagnumPI said:
Go into the single player, then custom game. Next select the same number on the drop down box, i.e. 1 and 1 will be on the same team. You will share techs, and line of site etc. You will also have the same relations towards other civs as they do and vise versa. The same will be true for MP games.

I was thinking about the "enable permanent alliances" checkbox, but that doesn't able them from the start, only the possibility to get them later in the game.

NKVD, if you want to setup permanent alliances from the start of the game, follow Magnum's directions. If you want them as a diplomacy option later in the game (after discoving the communism tech), use the checkbox.

Ya I think you have to enable it, and then after you learn "Communism" tech, you may attempt to get a permanent alliance

snepp said:
I was thinking about the "enable permanent alliances" checkbox, but that doesn't able them from the start, only the possibility to get them later in the game.

NKVD, if you want to setup permanent alliances from the start of the game, follow Magnum's directions. If you want them as a diplomacy option later in the game (after discoving the communism tech), use the checkbox.

thats definately what I want...not from the start but I didnt know I could have this from the start...

so are the computer willing to accept permanent alliance or he's a hesitant as giving cities for peace even if outnumbered 100 to 1?

NKVD said:
thats definately what I want...not from the start but I didnt know I could have this from the start...

so are the computer willing to accept permanent alliance or he's a hesitant as giving cities for peace even if outnumbered 100 to 1?

Couldn't tell you, sorry. I played one game with a permanent alliance setup from the start, but none using the checkbox.

Top Bottom