Unique Traits Patch Beta-want feedback plz.

Highwayhoss

Red Lantern of Civ4 Earth
OK I just finished my Unique Traits Patch for FT V10 Patch three andam uploading it for testing.

The Download also has some screenshots of various leaders and their new traits, which are also attached to this post.

This patch basically revamps traits COMPLETELY; now instead of generic traits, each leader has a Unique Trait all their own. In addition all python traits have been removed.

This has the effect of making leaders truly individual instead of simply a generic trait combo.

Each trait was determined based on the leader's bio and LH info plus some guesswork and addons by yours truly.

Note that except for Dal Compte's bonus on Taverns all building and Unit trait effects have been eliminated; however if anyone has suggestions for giving bonuses to individual leaders I will take them under consideration.

Feedback most welcome.

Attachments

• Unique Traits Patch-Beta.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 276
  • Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 320
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 328
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    179.7 KB · Views: 268
  • Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 282
  • Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 290
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 300
  • Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG
    190.4 KB · Views: 291
  • Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    185 KB · Views: 270
  • Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 308
I've given it some testing, and I like this idea very much. It made me pick my leader with great care before starting the game. It does make the Fairy Tale leaders more of persons and not just cast in the same mold.

You can gladly go ahead and remove the Beta stamp, I think, because it works very well. I will give it some more testing now.

On another note. One thing I noticed while testing your new leaders, is that the Dwarves lack their national anthem. I shall go ahead and fix it in my copy. I include the fix here as well, so you can include it in the future patch.

Attachments

• DwarvenAnthemFix.zip
    36.2 KB · Views: 165
Is each leader getting a unique trait? I favor the crystallin quite a bit so I wouldnt mind them getting something useful :)

Maybe better, make the trait completely random upon game start. Ths way, no one trait or leader is always the best considering your strategy.

I don't really like the random traits idea. I like the leaders being persons that you recognize and you know what style they'll confront you with when you meet them. All leaders are also deeply rooted in lore, and I think HighwayHoss got them good with his Unique Traits.

Random traits should be an option, I think. But isn't there already a "randomize leaders and traits" option in the startup menu though? I can't say I've used that. I need to check these options out when I get home.

I've given it some testing, and I like this idea very much. It made me pick my leader with great care before starting the game. It does make the Fairy Tale leaders more of persons and not just cast in the same mold.

You can gladly go ahead and remove the Beta stamp, I think, because it works very well. I will give it some more testing now.

On another note. One thing I noticed while testing your new leaders, is that the Dwarves lack their national anthem. I shall go ahead and fix it in my copy. I include the fix here as well, so you can include it in the future patch.
Thanks for the fix; I already integrated it into my copy. As for the UTs, I have alreaqdy integrated them also all have done some additional tweaking on them; so far they work quite well.
Next I plan to work on the new Vestallan Artstyle and adding Navy units.

Top Bottom