Little BtS Patch Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CIVsOfTime

Chieftain
Oh, hello! I'm a newbie on this forum, and since I'm a newbie, I may just sound like a noob asking questions that may be very obvious for expert people.. But since that is that... I need to ask...

Why wen I try to install a BtS Patch, nothing appears?

Okay, so this is a little story for your information...

According to " About This Build " Tab on " Advanced " tab this are my Build information..

Civ Version: 317
Save Version: 301
Build version: 3.1.3.1 (104717)
Build: FINAL RELEASE
Oh and released May 19, 2008.

I'm trying to get this Version called 3.19 for I can play the Planetfall Mod, Alpha Centauri for me is a very interesting game, but I would like to play it on a more comfy engine. I can't play Beyond Earth, since my Computer specs aren't good enough for it... So so so... I downloaded the Patch from http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12576
Good good, the download completes, the installer comes out and says " Install Beyond The Sword " Like.. Any installer says.. I'm guessing.. I hit install after a few messages and then... Nothing pops up.. I check again and the version was still the same.. :( I really wanna play Planetfall.. Please help. :(

What OS are you using?

If Windows 7 or 8, you have to give the game's exe file administrative privileges through its properties window or it can't make any changes.

If you are okay there then try installing 3.17 patch first and then 3.19. Sometimes 3.19 won't install if the existing version is older. Build 3.1.3.1 indicates version 3.13. I see that the CIV version says 317, but I don't know why they disagree.

What OS are you using?

If Windows 7 or 8, you have to give the game's exe file administrative privileges through its properties window or it can't make any changes.

If you are okay there then try installing 3.17 patch first and then 3.19. Sometimes 3.19 won't install if the existing version is older. Build 3.1.3.1 indicates version 3.13. I see that the CIV version says 317, but I don't know why they disagree.

I'm using windows 7... So you are saying I must install 3.17 first? Or install 3.14.. 3.15....3.16... 3.17.....3.18.. And then 3.19?

And also, does " give the game's exe file administrative privileges through its properties window or it can't make any changes. " Means run the game automatically as Administrator?

What OS are you using?

Wen I try to install Patch 3.17, Says that the setup has detected that no version of BTS is installed.. And that the Patch requires the previous version. ???

It sounds like there is a problem with your installation, most likely the Registry is not correct. I suggest that you reinstall and patch following the instructions in the first sticky in this forum called: "Sticky: Installing Civ 4 on Windows 7/Vista (32-/64-bit)" authored by kiwitt, who is very good at techinical stuff.

OR

One other thought is the question of whether you have installed CIV from disk or from an internet download. If it is a download, then the patches cannot find the program because the download versions put the program in their own proprietary locations on your drive. In that case you need to download the latest version from the same download site, which should already be patched to version 3.19.

It sounds like there is a problem with your installation, most likely the Registry is not correct. I suggest that you reinstall and patch following the instructions in the first sticky in this forum called: "Sticky: Installing Civ 4 on Windows 7/Vista (32-/64-bit)" authored by kiwitt, who is very good at techinical stuff.

OR

One other thought is the question of whether you have installed CIV from disk or from an internet download. If it is a download, then the patches cannot find the program because the download versions put the program in their own proprietary locations on your drive. In that case you need to download the latest version from the same download site, which should already be patched to version 3.19.
Can't reinstall, I don't have Setup Files. Civilization IV The normal one, seems to have the lastest patch.. So, i tried to install Warlords patched, but this error pops up..
No version of Warlords it's detected, Install previous one.. :,/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom