Mp + mods

Moroten

Chieftain
Hey

If you select MOD on Civ5 you can choose which ones you want. Once you've done that you have an option between SP and MP. With this option MODS seem to be playable in MP but I still have some trouble concerning it all.

I've installed the MOD Communitas, it's a map MOD(not just a script, don't ask me why it isn't). This map is incredibly fun and I would like to see it in MP but it doesn't work. Can anyone smarter than me help me understand why it doesn't work?

Would really appreciate help on this topic.

/Moroten

Because Mods are not enabled by Firaxis for MP. Sad but true, they have not enabled them because the base MP code can not handle the added stress of tranfering and syncing mod data.

CS

Because Mods are not enabled by Firaxis for MP. Sad but true, they have not enabled them because the base MP code can not handle the added stress of tranfering and syncing mod data.

CS

Figured it was something like this. Bummer. Having the alternative of choosing between SP and MP at the MODS menu hints that they were planning of allowing MODS into MP atleast.

Oh well, happy gaming!

Top Bottom