Bug Reports

I get this when a vassal comes to trade with me and i ask them to give it to me as a vassal gift.
Assert Failed

File: CvTeamAI.cpp
Line: 505
Expression: eTeam != getID()

Ok not to worry, when I posted I thought it had locked the game but it didn't :)

Yeah, I know this assert. I think it should be fine as the game was never designed to have Players doing Diplomacy with their AI team mates.

Not exactly a bug, but something to consider.

When I ctrl click on a unit type to select all that type, such as a serf, I get all serfs regardless of profession, so I get all pike serf, crossbow serf and unarmed serf in my stack.

Not familiar with these short cuts, is there none that selects them all by profession? Not sure if this can be adjusted easily as it may be in the exe.

Oh I think I forgot to mention something of a bug, but it could just be an game limitation..

I was working the end game tech, Divine Right I think, the one that converts tech to fealty, when I met an undiscovered native, who 'helpfully' offered to enlighten me... now Divine Right is discovered, and I can only do the culture tech.

Which is going to make it even harder to get my fealty up..

Also if you look at this screen shot, the production numbers related to plate armour seem weird, the armour, hides and tools numbers are different. They also kept updating strangely. at one point there was no number for tool consumption, then tools came back and the hide number changed..

I found these two that needs addresses. Plus you mentioned wagon trains not picking up/dropping off goods correct. I have addressed a few of the other issues already.

AH yes! forgot about those ones but you are right!

yeah the wagon trains was when I set a settlement to import and export over a certain value, it did not seem to 'keep' the amount in the city, and instead it just gathered them all up into the carts.

Ok, fixed that one. I also just remembered we needed to add the ability to Build the King's Forest.

Others done:

-New Luxury Food units right from the start

-Adjust Local Market prices to make them more viable
-Adjust Limited Resources so they are not depleted to soon
-Linked Limited Resources, such as Luxury Food/Hides so they deplete at the same time(half done)
-Interest producing Buildings are overpowered, need to be made unique
-fix the castle trade bonus to fealty instead of crosses

I'm not familiar with that bug. What happened and how did you fix it?

Here is his one report...

I also checked on the situation of imported goods (like armour, weapons, tools) and exporting over X amount at the same time. (to make sure everyone has some.)

The caravans are just picking them up and keeping them.. I discovered a caravan with about 450 tools in it just driving around

I haven't looked into this yet. As far as I know I haven't messed with the logic code here, but you just never know. You could code in chicken pens in Alaska, that turn your wheels pink in Denmark ;)

I created feeder service precisely to avoid this scenario. If you just use import and export and produce too much, the extra yields will end up in the transports. However feeder service will stop importing if the city has enough yields and the automated transports will not pick up any yields unless there is a city to unload them into.

I suspect that feeder service were not activated in at least two cities where both import and export were active. The excess yields would go to one of them and then start traveling between those two. In other words it sounds like a user input error. We already talked about improving the GUI for import/export as the current one works, but aren't that user friendly.

No, that isn't what happened, because that would mean that two cities had the right amount of stuff, which they did not, no city had the stuff in, it was all being picked up into the transports, and not being left up to the amount I set.

It would also mean that all transports were travelling to only 1 or 2 cities, which again was not the case.

Also I have never been able to use feeder service, as it seems to mess with things unless it is at the 75% stock mark. I have never been able to get it to work so that it distributes the goods around all cities, the way that import/export with a max amount does. (or did..)

Also I have never been able to use feeder service, as it seems to mess with things unless it is at the 75% stock mark. I have never been able to get it to work so that it distributes the goods around all cities, the way that import/export with a max amount does. (or did..)
Ok, not a bug, but broken vanilla code.

What happens is this. Say you have 5 cities named A..E.
A produces tools.
A caravan picks up the tools and takes them to B.
The caravan drops all of them, sees that tools are overflowing and picks up tools.
The new destination is A because that's the closest city with active import (or whatever).
When reaching A, all tools are unloaded and then loaded again, including the tools produced since last visit.
Repeat cycle.

The mean that C, D and E will not get tools. Also the caravan is full of tools and will not transport anything else. If this happens to a number of yields, transports will visit all cities all the time, but all of them are full of yields, which they never leave, hence active transport capacity is near nothing.

Feeder service prevents this. It works like this:
Say we set B to a threshold of 100 tools (that makes percentage calculations easy;))
If it has less than 75 tools, it will enable active import.
If it has more than 100 tools, it will disable active import.
The import box is checked at all times and the only indication of active import is the green/red yield names in the yield list.

There is one exception. If you are building a building requiring 100 tools, feeder service will enable import if the city has less than 100, even if you set the threshold to 0. As a result, you can set a city to import, export and feed tools with a threshold of 0. The automated transports will then supply tools to cover the demands for building construction, but otherwise the warehouse will not contain tools.

I'm as always open for ideas on how to improve this system as well as making a smoother interface. The current interface was made really quickly to make testing possible and with the exception of the help popup, it stayed the same. As a result, it gets the job done, but it likely isn't that nice unless you know what it does.

Assert Failed

File: CvGameTextMgr.cpp
Line: 9382
Expression: iModifiedProduction == aiYields[eYieldType]
Don't know if this would be in anyway related to the event, but I got this assert when clicking the import export button.

There is also a missing text key that I kept meaning to say. TXT_KEY_YIELD_BUILDING_CONSUMPTION_MULTIPLIER

So with feeder service (I am experimenitng with it now and it does seem to be solving the problem.) do you need to 'check' the import export boxes, or does it do it automatically?
You also need to set the max number as well yes? I am just trying to figure out how many steps you have to do manually, or if feeder automatically 'checks' the boxes for you.

One slight change to the wording might be instead of saying 'at' it might be better to say under and over.

On under 75% and off over 100%

I am now just trying to burn my way through the last 100 turns to get the invasion.

Asserts in CvGameTextMgr.cpp are often display bugs. Not gamebreaking, but should still be fixed.

do you need to 'check' the import export boxes, or does it do it automatically?
It will automatically check the import button, but the rest is manual. This mean you can feed a building input yield to a city and say you set the threshold to 100. If 150 is unloaded, they will stay in the city and it will be quite a while until it will start importing again. This may or may not be a good idea depending on your current game.

Threshold is increased automatically to match requirements for the building queue. Other than that, you have to decide which threshold you want. I have an idea for automatically setting feeding threshold to supply building inputs, but I haven't coded it yet.

An undocumented feature with the checkboxes is that if you uncheck the import button, but keep feeder on, active import will start if city storage is between 75% and 100%. However while the concept looked good while coding, I find this somewhat useless in actual gameplay.

-New Luxury Food units right from the start
-Adjust Local Market prices to make them more viable
-Adjust Limited Resources so they are not depleted to soon
-Linked Limited Resources, such as Luxury Food/Hides so they deplete at the same time
-Interest producing Buildings are overpowered, need to be made unique
-fix the castle trade bonus to fealty instead of crosses

I've done all the above except Adjust the market prices, I'll do that while I test. I want to do some testing myself before I release any more test versions.

Here is one issue that needs address, center plots changing yields after you discover a new yield.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13642935&postcount=377

I addressed this in the latest AI_Traders build.

Here are some saved games with the Waiting for Diplomacy bug. The one marked "Frozen" is the one where the Diplomacy button doesn't work. The other is the saved game just before this happens.

Edit:
Well, one issue we had before was when the Pope asked me to go on a Crusade against someone. The "Someone" part was lost somehow so the Diplomacy wouldn't work correctly. Perhaps we can just give the Diplomacy an ID and then store all the relevant info into an array so it doesn't get lost. Then when the we recall the Diplomacy and send it to the Exe we use this saved array info instead of the arguments built into the Diplomacy as it is those arguments that are getting lost.

Attachments

• DiplomacWaitingTest_AI_Traders_Branch.ColonizationSave
    125.7 KB · Views: 66
  • Frozed Waiting for Diplomacy AI_Traders.ColonizationSave
    126.1 KB · Views: 49
I actually got the bug to repeat twice in a row. When the game loads, I have to choose a new tech, so I choose Chainmail, I then get the Spice Route screen and buy a load of Weapons. I then get the Ziri diplomacy screen and choose "ain't gonna happen", I then get the diplomacy bug. Yeah, it happens every time I do that sequence. I just accepted his request and then the Bayan diplomacy screen was able to appear.

Some more info, if I select "Care to negotiate" and attempt to establish different terms, sometimes it doesn't hang up, I do however have to click the Diplomacy Waiting icon and Negotiate again. In other words it like makes a copy of itself that you have to close out again. Now sure what is happening but perhaps it is making a false copy of itself that is incapable of closing out.

There are some Icon discrepancies, like Deer shows Grapes and Grapes show Fish, Fish and Crab don't show anything. I introduced this when I added Bison and Boar bonuses and I rearranged the Bonuses to make debuging easier for me. So, it looks like the Icons are hardcoded according to order in the font files. So, it also looks like I have some font modding to do:(

Top Bottom