IO6 - Civilization V!!

Well damn. I'm still getting a runtime error and crash to desktop. I don't get this when opening IO's first save, just with Gerurun's.

Now, I'm running Win7 on a Mac, but it's still intel. I'm going to go update all of my drivers and see if there's a snag there, but the game plays fine in SP mode. I'm also going to post this in another forum and see if anyone else is having my problem. IdiotsOpposite, can you see if you can open Gerurun's save?

Well damn. I'm still getting a runtime error and crash to desktop. I don't get this when opening IO's first save, just with Gerurun's.

Now, I'm running Win7 on a Mac, but it's still intel. I'm going to go update all of my drivers and see if there's a snag there, but the game plays fine in SP mode. I'm also going to post this in another forum and see if anyone else is having my problem. IdiotsOpposite, can you see if you can open Gerurun's save?

I cannot. Gererun, what is it with your saves?

Looking at 2KForums and other sites, it seems to be a common problem. Maybe it's a Windows 7 64-bit problem? idk

ugh...I played Gerurun's turns exactly as he did. Then, on "my" turn 0, I took a screenshot of me buying the sheep tile and kablooey! Hung. Ctrl/Alt/Del.

Bummer. Hadn't saved it and it hadn't autosaved. Well, I guess if Gerurun can play the same set twice, so can I. Sigh.

Well, the replay went differently...

Turns out that I had to restart my computer after the crash and got auto-patched by steam. 1.0.0.20 now. I guess that killed the random seed. No biggie. Things went almost identically, except that the barb attacked from across the river, rather than get close enough to let us bombard. Still won. Got more XP.

Other difference was that our growth landed the sheep, so I didn't buy any tiles.

On to my turns...

Pottery came in on my second turn.

And I selected the wheel, as it leads to horseback riding. We have horses and a psycho warmonger leader. What could be more natural? (Did I mention that I'm currently reading Shogun?)

Next I sent Bill and Ted down to the southern barb encampment.

It took them both to clean up the neighborhood.

Then I learned we're in a six-way tie for literacy. Nifty.

After the killin', I sent Bill and Ted in opposite directions. Bill found this southwest of Kyoto.

Then he found another barb hut. It took him two turns, but he won out.

Ted's journey was less interesting, but he's got some ruins two tiles away from him for the next guy. Yay.

I built another worker after Ted self-assembled. That worker has just finished baking and awaiting orders. I did this so we can discuss. I have worker 1 mining the gold and worker two can either go to horses (have to buy the tile), silver (have to buy the tile), or work a tile we already own. I vote horses, if it'll let us buy it.

Horses = stompy stompy = dead someone we haven't met yet.

Attachments

• IO6 SG.Civ5Save
    455.2 KB · Views: 103
I'm never sure whether to use a fan patch; what if Steam doesn't support it?

By the way, this is a somewhat late Got It. I'll play either today or tomorrow.

oh oh, differences in the save game between delux and normal and auto patching. Guess they really only expect people to play SP games.

While I really like horsemen/knights, unless there is no iron on the map, I don't see a reason not to go for Samurai.

They get Shock I free so with a Barracks + Armory that's an instant Shock II and you're well on your way to Shock III and Blitz (even more so if we get Military Tradition.) Imagine an army of 18 strength units that can attack twice for full damage every turn.

Did I mention they have an increased chance of generating great generals for easy golden ages?

Well, I'd love to, but I'm getting an error on the download page. Why not attach it here? They've added the file type to the accepted list.

In that case, I'll use that when I play in 12 hours.

PPP
Horseback Riding, if possible?
Buy the horse tile and work it.
Build stuff, I'm not sure what yet...

Top Bottom