R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

Only thing I can think of is an incompatibility with one deactivated but installed mod.

You may try to move all mods from your mod folder (except data and core WWII) in another temporary folder somewhere else.

It´s me again. I´ve found out that the game crashes every two turns. After two turns have passed, the game crashes when i attack an enemy unit or city. If i don´t attack anything, it crashes when the AI is attacking an unit or city. Any suggestions?

update: From turn to turn i´m "loosing" control of the interface. For example i press the right mouse button to move a unit. i haven´t let my finger from the button but the unit starts to move: What´s going on? From turn to turn there are more and more bugs.

update: A new problem. I cannot end the turn anymore. I can press the button, but nothing happens.

Got the same problem with my game as germany...

And sometimes the graphics of a units dont follow the order i give it (Exemple: if i want to move my tank to another tile it will move but the tank's graphics will still on the other tile)

No sorry. It says "Next turn" (in german "nächste runde") but nothing happens. And still: After two turns it crashes when the AI or me is attacking. Then windows tells me: civ v is not working anymore

update: The problem seems to be "bigger" (maybe it has something to do with it). During the last patch for civ v i had a problem. the patch got installed from steam but the game didn´t worked anymore. So i used steam to control the data of the game and it said that there is a problem with a file. A download started automatically and everything worked fine. Everytime i check the data of the game via steam it starts a download. everytime. The filesize is 22.8 MB. Is it possible that the problem lies there? But with other mods (i´ve deleted them by the way) or in normal game i don´t have this problem. i would like to reinstall the whole game but the stupid thing with steam is, that i have to download all the patches again. I have a limit on internet, so i would have to wait two month until it would be possible to download all the patches again. i have a limit of 4 GB per month... :(

maybe, should validate only once... your savegame are not from the mod btw, it's a game with Alexander.

I'll post v.9 tomorrow anyway, having a good test game playing as Italy, fixed a few remaining bugs with "Fall of..." scripts, Naval Counter-Attack included and fixed and added real date compiled by NwabudikeMorgan...

Ok, maybe the new version works.

edit: sorry such a shame... Here it is

Attachments

• QuickSave.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 224
new version !

v0.9 (Aug 29, 2011):
- Bugfix : "Fall of Poland" should now works as intended...
- Bugfix : "Fall of France" (some cities were not flipped correctly to Vichy France if already captured by axis power)
- Feature : add real date for DoW / Annexation / Alliance compiled by NwabudikeMorgan
- Feature : add naval counter-attack mod by Mylon
- Balance : change Destroyer Anti-Submarine promotion to +200% (was 100%)
- Balance : battleships range down to 1 (was 2)
- Balance : artillery get -50% combat against Naval units, -25% against Armor, +50% against cities and +25% against Gun
- Change : USSR won't become permanently allied with Uk/France (to prevent Poland liberation by USSR)

Deleted old files and installed new mod. copied the file to common. Germany declares war on poland and then? Game crashes after every two turns. Same as last time. What is wrong here... :(

I've you tried playing in english ?

I'm at turn 110 in my Italy test game with v.9, had only one random crash so far then reloaded from autosave without problem, so I'm pretty sure the mod works here...

What's your PC configuration (OS, memory, CPU, GPU) ?

I've you tried playing in english ?

I'm at turn 110 in my Italy test game with v.9, had only one random crash so far then reloaded from autosave without problem, so I'm pretty sure the mod works here...

What's your PC configuration (OS, memory, CPU, GPU) ?

Windows Vista
Intel Core 2 Quad
3GB
2 Nvidia 8600 GS with 1,5GB Memory (tried playing with just one GPU)
All drivers are the actuell ones

I tried playing it in english. I was getting two error messages:

"Unable to load texture [WW2 FlagsAtlas 64.dds]"
"Unable to load texture [WW2 LeadersAtlas 64.dds]"

But i was able to play. But this time the game crashed after one turn.

Do you think it´s possible to downgrade the game? I think it all started with this new patch... I was able to play your scenario two versions ago.

copied the file to common. (

Hmm. I have never done this.
Only ever had two crashes and one was due to waiting for humans to finish bug.

Which common folder does that file need to go to? The one under resources?

Hmm. I have never done this.
Only ever had two crashes and one was due to waiting for humans to finish bug.

Which common folder does that file need to go to? The one under resources?

The one which is metioned in Gedemons readme-file in the r_e_d__wwii_edition__v_9-folder. But i tried playing without doing this. Game crashes all the time. I think all problems started with the last patch and the problems i had with it.

Yes, the "..\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\resource\Common\" folder. It's optionnal, a fix for propeller position from danrell pack.

Windows Vista
I tried playing it in english. I was getting two error messages:

"Unable to load texture [WW2 FlagsAtlas 64.dds]"
"Unable to load texture [WW2 LeadersAtlas 64.dds]"

But i was able to play. But this time the game crashed after one turn.

Do you think it´s possible to downgrade the game? I think it all started with this new patch... I was able to play your scenario two versions ago.

Those two files should be in your mods\R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v 1)\art\icons folder. If they are not there then that is why it crashed, or they could be corrupted.

Im playing version 9, turn 63 and no crash so far...

In fact no bugs either... :goodjob:

Those two files should be in your mods\R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v 1)\art\icons folder. If they are not there then that is why it crashed, or they could be corrupted.

They are in that folder and i´ve downloaded the folder (R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v 1)) for several times, tried to copy the files using winrar, winzip and 7zip.

I assume the messages I see about the reserves showing up in various capitals is for the AI only?

Also the only nation that can build Infantry seems to be Germany is this intentional?

If it is a ratio thing can you provide that or point to the post where this information is? That is a ratio of X number of Armour to Infantry before you can build Infantry or whatever.

Thanks for a great game, I am having a blast playing it. Much better then any other scenario I have tried.:goodjob:

The ratio should be for AI only, but you need barracks to make infantries units (which has no ratio BTW).

Top Bottom