Civplayers GMR game

OK here we go ! Now let's switch to civplayers. The admins will be Very happy with some activity on the forum :)

The official threat is now on civplayers

Thanks canucksoldier, guess I should have been more precise -- I was looking at the civplayers forum, but couldn't find the subforum for this game -- have it from both yours and Tab's posts now, so all is well

thanks

Thanks canucksoldier, guess I should have been more precise -- I was looking at the civplayers forum, but couldn't find the subforum for this game -- have it from both yours and Tab's posts now, so all is well

thanks

No problem I didn't link you directly to the thread as that was already done in post #1 :-/

CS

Since civplayer is very quiet. I change the official threat to here.
Please let's try to keep on playng this quick ! (we are around turn 100)

Since civplayer is very quiet. I change the official threat to here.
Please let's try to keep on playng this quick ! (we are around turn 100)

Sweet, I know for me it was a pain to check an extra site.

When does an average quick game end? Turn 250?

Sweet, I know for me it was a pain to check an extra site.

When does an average quick game end? Turn 250?

Mine will not last until then for sure! :(

Spoiler :
(me):aargh::whipped:(Kiffe)

Kiffe had his revenge.:D

:yup:

(long)Short story(America : me vs Germany : Kiffe) :

We landed between the Fountain of Youth! :eek: But it belongs to Budapest. Obviously, knowing how he plays and how i play too, a war was unavoidable. I raised some swordmen to capture Budapest but he intercepted me fast enough. So we stalled for a very long time at Budapest without mass killing units(sort of active cold war).

I teched toward Steel while he teched toward Civil Service. My longswordmen were a bit more powerful and have been able to kill some of their units. I advanced a bit but he was keeping enough military to hold me up. Then i teched for Guilds(Machu Picchu) then Education.

Here is the problem...while i was trying to reach these techs, he went for Education right after Civil Service and counted on his UUs to hold me until he reached Machinery. I was 6-7 turns away from this tech and my archers have been raped before i could upgrade them. My longsowrdmen got also raped by a horde of crossbowmen and felt down rapidly. He's now at my capital's doors with a nice army while i'm trying to produce units to counter it.

It's highly probably too late already...short conclusion : Never tech Steel if you can get Machinery first...even in vanilla. Landsnechkts are incredibly annoying! :cry:

My very last hope...i called Arabia to join the war at a high price...of course, with a FoY and a lot of cities, Kiffe will be unstoppable!!!

this game makes me want starts one of those gmrs aswell

Do I have to activate a mod to do gmr and deactivate it for normal games again?

GMRs might fit more into my timescedule atm

depending on the host who set up the game, no mode is required, but can play mode if the host chose to.

Do you have the patience for that? 1-2 turns a day, maybe some more if you do a small one with very active players within the same or close time zone.

If you guys need any sub, I can do that.

Well, Nouco is taking more and more time to play his turn (7 day now for the last turn) Let's see if he answers to this post. But If he does not and did not show that he wants to continue, your proposition can be very welcome EEE !

Top Bottom