Help with Civ multiplayer

EvanDevin

Chieftain
I've been playing Civ 5 for quite a bit now, but I've never really gotten into the multiplayer. And when I did go in recently, I got stomped. My liberty early land grab strategy leaves me struggling and vulnerable against aggressive human players. Does anyone have any MP tips for someone just off of easily winning against Immortal AI?

It sounds like you are expanding without an army to defend your aggressive land grabbing. If you are going to plant a city in some one's face or in their back yard you should expect to defend it. In many cases placing a city near some one is an unspoken declaration of war. You should treat it as if you just made a DOW on the person and build enough units to defend yourself effectively against a war. Also, make sure every city has 1 or 2 gold producing luxuries so that they can help you support a military. Otherwise the city is pointless early on. Going liberty and grabbing prime locations early is a strong strategy, that's not the part going wrong.

Yeah, you really need to be ready for war with any human player that borders you, since when they attack they'll actually come at you with a plan. Dropping a single archer in each city to defend it simply won't be enough - you need an actual army.

You can often predict what human players will do based on their civ choice. So if someone picks the Mongols, you know they'll be rushing Chivalry and they'll come at you with a ball of Keshiks, so make sure you're either ready for that or that you hit them before they can get there.

Top Bottom