Why I always win.

Ermak-

Prince
Bascially, I am sick and tired of constantly winning 8 FFA games I host. People don't have long term goals and throw everything in a chance and then if it doesn't pan out, they rage-quit or resign. From the first turns, one must know what victory condition he is trying to win by. Evaluate the land and see where hogs live, to see if war would be beneficial. Not every war is. Dragged out conflicts even if eventually victorious can doom your tribe to be subservient, and far behind the rest of the world. One must weigh benefits to costs. Just because you might be Huns nest to Siamese- doesn't mean u must war him. The most important thing actually, I wish they made 12 FFA games more stable. 8 is too easy for me.

BTW, hosting one in 1.5 hrs Minneapolis time.

Yes, 90% of the players have no clue what they are doing and think they can win simply by making GL. Add me on steam If you're looking for a challenge I will provide it. I find that 8 player games are often buggy though. I'm surprised that's what you normally play. The number of players doesn't make it more difficult. If you get ahead, you are ahead no matter how many people there are.

If you have bombers and they are still making artillery, it's over.

I think that some MP players has not realized yet that it is often more viable to play in BNW FFA games peacefully till Industrial Era. After Industrial Era you should take steps to deal with most dangerous opponents.

Not hard to build 6-7 CBs around the turn 40-45(if not faster with more luck/strong civs) and pressurize your neighbor. If you never encounter this kind of aggressive approach then you are playing noobs.

Thats like some1 posting in General Forum - I win every sp game - I Play settler lvl.

Playing open ffas is even easier as settler sp as at least 2/3 of civ are gone before even approaching em.

Might start Play prince lvl mp and ask some1 like XXX or if u like bang your head against wall and Play deity ask me

Not hard to build 6-7 CBs around the turn 40-45(if not faster with more luck/strong civs) and pressurize your neighbor. If you never encounter this kind of aggressive approach then you are playing noobs.
Playing as a warmonger in BNW FFA games often turns out to be a big gamble.
If you rush your neighbour with 6-7 CBs, but if he is ready and has built up his army, then you will be dragged into a long lasting war which will drain the economy of your empire.
BNW is made that way that peaceful players have more chances to reach the ultimate victory in comparison with warmongers.

BNW is made that way that peaceful players have more chances to reach the ultimate victory in comparison with warmongers.

Getting these CBs keep you ahead military and you can bully more cs. Even if i dont succeed i will get Xbows early and push ahead later. The trick is to not delay the NC and keep cities growing with food caravans/cargos. 2-3 cities are enough to push a huge army. Good news if everyone thinks that it's not better because i'm personnally observing the opposite.

Doing both teching and warmongering is superior than staying low military until Xbows even if you miss some wonders. CS bullying is one of the keys. Mixing conquests and tech lead is something that few players can achieve.

Tabarnak is correct. Building a large military and using it to bully CS is actually quite good for your economy. Thus, building military is not a gamble that requires a military victory, unlike every version of Civ before BNW.

The best starts are the ones that get in 2 tributes (each) from the first 2 city states, then worker steal ~ turn 25. Continue tributing every other city state all game. Use the gold to buy units early game to stay #1 military. Then use the gold to upgrade all your units to stay #1 military.

Use these units to fight limited wars between collecting tribute from CS for maximum efficiency. Send in everything hard if it will work.

Disrupting your opponents efforts to collect tribute/worker steal with these units is also a good idea. Killing anything will ruin their attempts to reach #1 military.

This is also viable at #2 military, but will slow you down because it requires a much larger force to reach each city state.

Tabarnak is correct. Building a large military and using it to bully CS is actually quite good for your economy. Thus, building military is not a gamble that requires a military victory, unlike every version of Civ before BNW.

The best starts are the ones that get in 2 tributes (each) from the first 2 city states, then worker steal ~ turn 25. Continue tributing every other city state all game. Use the gold to buy units early game to stay #1 military. Then use the gold to upgrade all your units to stay #1 military.

Use these units to fight limited wars between collecting tribute from CS for maximum efficiency. Send in everything hard if it will work.

Disrupting your opponents efforts to collect tribute/worker steal with these units is also a good idea. Killing anything will ruin their attempts to reach #1 military.

This is also viable at #2 military, but will slow you down because it requires a much larger force to reach each city state.
It seems you mainly play MP games on prince difficulty level.
But I play with my friends on immortal or deity difficulty levels, because we think that it is unrealistic to get a large tribute from small city-states so often.
We also play hotseat MP games, so there are lots of time for wide diplomacy between turns. Peaceful nations tend to quickly gang up against to-be-runaway warmongers.

I've had very little luck with demanding tribute from city-states in NQ games (which are generally played at immortal difficulty)

Sometimes, early, you can get 1-2 tributes, but basically from then on, even if you're number 1 army and have everything near by, they basically always refuse.

The cs at immortal and deity will not have a huge army until the turn 50-60. Even longer if you steal workers. Until then it's all about human opponents comparison. If you want to keep bullying cs after that turn you should have Xbows or it will be more difficult.

The level of cs is not a big deal if you stay ahed against other humans. Not played deity level since a while but at immortal you can easily bully some cs as soon as you are ahead. Some civs are pretty good at bullying cs in the beginning. Strong UUs can neat you high military numbers like Aztecs, Shoshones, Assyrians, Attila, etc and easily bully cs whatever the level played. In fact it can be better you don't need to rush buy a workers from free gold just keep warring one and steal workers needed.

I've had very little luck with demanding tribute from city-states in NQ games (which are generally played at immortal difficulty)

Sometimes, early, you can get 1-2 tributes, but basically from then on, even if you're number 1 army and have everything near by, they basically always refuse.

Everything Tabarnak has said I agree with. An early army is superior to all other strats even if the army doesn't succeed in giving you free cities/wonders. I play mostly on immortal in FFA and the CS are still easy to get tribute from. The key is getting a couple spears early because they count for the most military.

Contrary to popular belief BNW has helped out people who go early army because of caravans allowing them to keep up in food thus allowing them to stay relatively tall instead of super wide with lots of worthless cities not generation much science. Once you get workshops those caravans can convert directly into hammers which will pound out units even in smaller cities that were neglected.

More common Cultural win or diplomatic win in FFA? Or still SV and Domination win in mp?

More common Cultural win or diplomatic win in FFA? Or still SV and Domination win in mp?

Never seen a diplo win in FFA with good players, from BNW to Gk back to vanilla. The human solution is simple - just kill enough of CS allies if somebody even comes close to having enough votes. And don't vote for other players...

Earlier thread on culture wins, somebody said in NQ the remaining players spaced out and let it happen, they could have ganged up on the tourism leader earlier.

culture wins, somebody said in NQ the remaining players spaced out and let it happen

Gainst a bunch of NQ "guys" a simple sacred sites city spam should do the trick.

Well obviously u need some faith nw close to do but with that u should be fine.

Top Bottom