Tournament

Kaour

Chieftain
Fellow Civ- Players,

i am organizing a Civ 5 Bnw Tournament on evolve( a really nice vpn software, with a lot of nice add ons, like matchfinders, 'push to talk' and a verry social enviroment). This tour is from Civ 5 players for Civ 5 players and evolve will just sponsor a few prizes. The tour will be played in duels(just visit the forums and you will see all the details).
I post this to invite every civ player who wants to play in a tour, so dont be shy and join up! The matches will also be streamed on twitch (in-build feature of evolve!) so if you dont have the time to play, you can always take a look. Just join the group and register in the forum. Here is the link for the tournament: https://www.evolvehq.com/groups/the-civ-maximus-tournament

Greetings,

Kaour :)

I'd like to see a free tournament that doesn't require software we have to pay for...

Hi Kaour

I couldn't see much information on the link you've posted. When's the tournament starting?

Will this be live games played on particular days (let's face it, multiplayer is hard enough getting one game organised, let alone a tournament)?

Hello!

I am sorry that i did not respond sooner, last days were hard to manage. Evolve is free, if somebody asks you to pay dont xD Basically it is a community for gamers to meet (main motto is: Stop playing alone), but also has a software which alows you to create partys, capture pics and videos, broadcast to twitch, talk via teamspeak. Well at least for me, it has been a really nice experience so far, i ve chatted a lot with the lead programmers(which you can actually meet in the main group chat) and they are really enthusiastic about this project.

A few people told me that they could not fully access the page. My guess would be because they are not registered in evolve. Once someone is registered, he can simply join the group(open group so no aproval required) and see all the infos(forums), as well as chat with the members that are online. If he wants to join the tour, he would have to post in the participation-forum. The tournament will start this weekend, however we agreed that every match has to be played within 7 days of the anouncement, so players can manage their time (it s civ afterall and needs time :)) I will post the schedule with the first matches on friday, the players can then decide when they want to play and post the date

The main idea of the tournament is to begin with a group stage 2nd round and finals. Right now there are 14 players registered so we would have 2 groups of 7. Everybody would play everybody and the first 3 players of each group will advance to the 2nd round. Of course the actual format will depend on the amount of players that will register. Finally, the winner will get a 50$ game prize :)

I hope i covered all your questions and you will decide to join. I ll try to respond quicker next time. The registration closes on thursday, so if you want to join hurry up :)

Greetings, Kaour

Sounds good, thanks for your response. I will check out my diary over the next few weeks and see if I can commit.

Top Bottom