Is there any light version of civ5?

RedKi-rr

Prince
Is there any light version of civ5?
For example, let all the game be like at strategy map (that is wihout animations and only with digits and small icons mainly). In this case it would be possible to launch the game at PCs which can support civ3 only.
Why graphics in civ4 and civ5 is so overloaded? Do developrers do something that inherits the game aspects but not graphics?

It isn't so much the graphics but the demand put on the CPU and RAM by the game mechanics and AI. You could paly the game in the strategy map only, but that would be a bit silly. If you have a computer that can't run anything newer than Civ3 its probably time to replace it. Sorry i can't give a more detailed answer.

a pc not capable to play up civ4 or 5 is just too old
there isnt any light version of civ5
graphic is just uptodate and needs a modern comp that you dont have
Your comp is too old
actual games are done for actual pcs, not for that who are more than 5 years old

It is called a Demo, and is available through steam. I never had problems with it.

I run Civ 5 on a comp that is below the processor requirement, but I meet all the other requirements (4.5 years old, but the graphics card is only about 3) and it runs strategic mode just fine. I actually only play in strategic view, I like the top down better than 3/4, the game runs much faster, uses less battery when I play on a laptop, but I don't really care that much about graphic quality in most of the games I play.

Yes, that strategy map is great for me. But should I launch the whole game (which actually requires more powerful pc)? The most problems go from graphics. I just don't understand why developers don't make a kind of light version. For example windows xp has "safe mode" and it increase "perfomance". But civ5 demands from PC to be able to support huge graphics, and after that this graphics eats all PC resourses...
Well, I understand that "actual games are done for actual pcs"...But anyway it shouldn't be very hard to create separated light version, moreover, partially it had been done.

Yes, that strategy map is great for me. But should I launch the whole game (which actually requires more powerful pc)? The most problems go from graphics. I just don't understand why developers don't make a kind of light version. For example windows xp has "safe mode" and it increase "perfomance". But civ5 demands from PC to be able to support huge graphics, and after that this graphics eats all PC resourses...
Well, I understand that "actual games are done for actual pcs"...But anyway it shouldn't be very hard to create separated light version, moreover, partially it had been done.

Unfortunately you'll have to launch the game in reg mode (this will take a while), load your saved game or start a new game (again this will take a while) and as soon as it renders you can switch to strategic mode. But I wish they did have an option to use a smaller footprint and give me a strategic mode only option. I hear they've been working on a tablet version of civ 5 so that will probably be mostly strategic mode civ 5.

Top Bottom