The "Official" Diety Overflow Exploit Challenge

Seriously, I have never come across a more arrogant forum output than yours on this forum. Almost every thread I see you cropping up in, you are saying how easy the game is and how everyone else must be stupid or "a joke" for not being as good as you.

Do you even understand how annoying it is for those of us that are learning the game to see such comments? Presumably you don't care what people think of you, so I guess me venting like this is perfectly fine. I'm just surprised the mods don't do more to remind you that this is a community and that your swagger and bragging is probably pissing off more people than your videos are helping.

When I read it I don't see it as arrogance. More likely he is just a very experienced player who has taken the time to understand the game and has practiced a lot. Expressing it on a strategy forum where a lot of other experienced players have the same level of expertise is different then if he was on TV or something.

If Michael Jordan was at the basketball hall of fame talking with Larry Bird, Kobe, Magic, etc and saying how dunking is just ridiculously easy I wouldn't take offense. I can barely dunk but I am not MJ. I don't have the practice and training hours he does and further I just don't have the genetics. Maybe it would be rude if he was addressing me but not if he is talking to Bird.

Most of us in this thread or those that frequently post in the strategy forum have played a lot and beaten Deity. He is talking to his contemporaries who have all accomplished the same goal via a lot of practice and studying of the game. My guess is it wasn't a post of arrogance but one that makes fun of the current lack of AI and game brokenness.

I don't wanna take the thread off-topic with a discussion of TommyNt's posting behaviours, but I will say, from experience, and as someone of only just under 6 feet (181.5cm) tall, that it is WAY easier to train one's leg muscles to allow one to dunk, than it is to pick up Civ 5 and be able to beat Deity within a few months.

I don't wanna take the thread off-topic with a discussion of TommyNt's posting behaviours, but I will say, from experience, and as someone of only just under 6 feet (181.5cm) tall, that it is WAY easier to train one's leg muscles to allow one to dunk, than it is to pick up Civ 5 and be able to beat Deity within a few months.

One of my first wins was actually on Diety... (tiny map, against Venice, no city states...just built archers and warriors and overrun him)

One of my first wins was actually on Diety... (tiny map, against Venice, no city states...just built archers and warriors and overrun him)

Lol, isn't that like that like beating Tiger Woods in golf but he only gets to use his putter.:lol:

Top Bottom