help - speed up production

beechbaron

Chieftain
1. Was wondering if anyone can assist me with this.
In Civ 2 you could buy out the remaining shields necessary to build a particular unit. Or you could have other cities develop caravans that would help expedite the construction of units.
Is there any way to speed up production in cities on Civ 3??

2. Also, how do you get the leaders to form armies? I pressed "B" when I had a leader in the city but all he did was raise a flag and none of my troops were carried with him outside the city.

3. One last thing, is there no function that shows which cities have built Wonders?

Thanks in advance.

You can rush or short rush most items. It depends on the form of governement you are in at the time. In depsotism you pay with citizens lifes, so it is not all the useful. Granted there are times it is viable.

In Monarchy or Republic you use cash to rush things. Wonders and Small wonders cannot be rush, except by Great Leaders. What wonders and leaders depends on the version of Civ3.

You can also chop forest to add 10 shields to the current build, again not wonders. You can disband units to add someshields to builds.

beechbaron said:
2. Also, how do you get the leaders to form armies? I pressed "B" when I had a leader in the city but all he did was raise a flag and none of my troops were carried with him outside the city.

3. One last thing, is there no function that shows which cities have built Wonders?

3. F7 shows wonders and the city they reside in.

2. If the leader can form an army, it will have a button to do it. Once you create the army you load units into as you would a galley. You bring the unit to the army or the army to the unit and use the (L)oad button.

Now if this is not C3C, then leaders come in one flavor and can rush any wonder or create an army. In C3C you have two types of leaders. Only the MGL can make amries and those leaders come from elite victories.

In all versions, you have to have at least 4 towns to make 1 army. Each additional army requires 4 more towns. So you may not be able to build an army, if you do not have the proper number of towns.

put the leader inside the city that is building whatever you want to rush, just as you would put any unit inside a city. Then the "complete production" button will appear amoung the buttons at the lower part of your screen, amoung the "go to" button and the "fortify" button.

If it is allowed in your version, then move the leader to the wonder town. It will have an option to hurry production. That means rush the item being built.

In C3 and PTW you only have one type of leader, so it can do it. In C3C you have two types and only Science Leaders can rush great wonders.

beechbaron said:
You've got the first part down; the "raising of the flag" means that
your army unit has been formed. In Civ3, an army is like a container --
you must then *load* units into it, just like you load them into boats.
The key difference, of course, is that you may unload units from boats,
but units that have been loaded into an army are there to stay.
They cannot be upgraded, either.
So, after building the army in a city, choose which troops you want to
load into it. When a unit is activated, and sitting on the same square
as an army which has slots open, you should see the button for "load".
Each army can hold 3 units max, until you build the Pentagon small wonder.
Then, each army can hold up to 4 units.
It is usually best to put units with the same movement points into an
army together, and most often all the same type of units. The army
will move at the speed of the slowest unit in it. In C3C, I believe that the
army gets an additional movement point, making calvary armies
particularly deadly.

Top Bottom