Israel Mod for Civ 5

True, but unless they add religion back in for an expansion, I can't come up with anything else for the Promised Land UA, and it's too good a concept not to use IMO.

I really like the idea of an Israel/Israelite civilization. I would prefer the ancient Israelites, as the influence their religion has had on western civilization is incredible. There would be no Christianity or Islam without Abraham and Judaism. For that reason I was extremely surprised they weren't in Civ4, which prominently featured religion in the game. I can't think of a more significant civilization which has been consistently ignored by the developers.

UUs: Slinger - Short-ranged (one tile?) infantry with special bonuses versus archers. Merkhava - tank with defensive bonus in open terrain.
UA: Chabad telethon!! :D
Serious UA: Maybe a special bonus from the temple?
UB: I wonder what a Kibbutz could replace?

The only contribution the Israelites made was Judaism and even that was indirectly through Christianity

just a thought, if you went with Ancient Israel rather than modern Israel, the city names would be cooler. and itd be alot less damned political too.
open half the bibles in the world and there'll be a map covered in towns with totally awesome and pretty names, and with a game like civilisation, the city names are really the most important thing, after the prettiness of the flag of course.
[romania also has pretty names]

I would suggest going with the Ancient names as well. I usually think Solomon is their best choice for a leader, so it would make sense. If you want, have Tel Aviv as one of the latest city names, just to include representation of everything (also, I feel the Merkava is a cool unique Israeli unit, so they should get both ancient and modern).

BTW, one alternative way to think about the UA is to ask how you want Israel to play and then work an ability around that. I'm thinking a smaller, defensive oriented Civ that could fight enemies when it needed to. The UUs quite often do that, but maybe a defensive bonus wouldn't be entirely inappropriate.

what about for a unique trait, and this probably isnt possible, but the ability to survive occupation, or for puppeted cities to return to Israel control after 50 turns or something? Probably wouldnt be very useful to the player who doesnt really lose cities though, and really annoying to a player against them. No worries.
The defensive thing's probably better

And yes Solomon would be a great leader.
Who was the leader in, call to power? whichever Civ game had them in it? as then youd have precedent. and hey, a pre-prepared city list, dont know if it was any good though as that was a long time ago.

That would be a complete pain. Could you imagine playing against Israel? I'd burn every one of their cities to the ground. If the capitol reverted, I'd surround it with troops to prepare for that to happen so I could sack it over and over again. So, yeah, I wouldn't recommend it. I think the defensive bonus one is a good one. The player could play any variety of victory conditions, but their strength would be in keeping what they have, not in the gaining of new things.

Israel has never been in a Sid Meier's game, but I'm not sure about Call to Power. I'd suggest doublechecking any city list (even past civ games). They've had a habit of being lazy with research before.

Yeah, but to be fair, Rome burned lots of cities to the ground (Carthage and Corinth come to mind as well). They left a land a desert and called it peace.

well you dont have to puppet, if you annexed then no risk. but no worries it wasnt a very good idea anyway and probably impossible to code.
A culture bonus maybe.

EDITED ON 9/27:

Shalom everyone!

Since Israel has not been included in the release of Civ 5, I am asking if there is a SERIOUS developer that would like to create a Israel mod?

I speak Hebrew and supplied the Hebrew sounds for the Esnav's Israel mod for Civ 4, and, I would be happy to create and supply the Hebrew language sounds for a Civ 5 mod for Israel.

So, with that being said, name what you guys think should be included in a Israel mod with what Civ 5 is capable to offer?

1. Leaders?

2. Unique Buildings?

3. Unique Units?

4. Other ideas?

Howdie Neighbor. :goodjob:
I gotta tell you that im deeply offended that you've got Hadera all the way down that list, it should have come right after jerusalem, so what if we have a horsehockey football players. :mischief:

as a rule of thumb I'd say don't attempt to solve a problem that others have solved before you saw how they have done it first.

Go and check the Overlord 2 mod (is now ver 2.3.8), Keldath managed to have a beautiful compilation of tons of mods in there, among them - religion oriented mods.
Go there and study from his successes and mistakes, he's a great guy(not just because he's on my friends list :3) he'll probably could help you with ideas and methods of work related to your mod. :)

BTW he is from Israel too. ^^

I saw that. At a minimum, I'll probably steal your icons (with credit of course). Hopefully people can get graphics for it too. That would make it perfect.

Feel free to do so, though it might not be a great idea, the icons are very amateurish, Solomon's icon has visible artifacts. Any artist will make something much better looking.

Go and check the Overlord 2 mod (is now ver 2.3.8), Keldath managed to have a beautiful compilation of tons of mods in there, among them - religion oriented mods.
Go there and study from his successes and mistakes, he's a great guy(not just because he's on my friends list :3) he'll probably could help you with ideas and methods of work related to your mod.

BTW he is from Israel too. ^^

tuxu
thanks buddy :)

ill be doing a mod for civ5 as well, probably in a few month, i need a new cpu, and im waiting on some major patches, and mod components to be released first, i feel civ5 is not yet ripe for me :)

Solver - yap saw your post, awesome.

סולבר,
אתה זה שעשית את הפאטצ הלא רשמי
לסיב 4??

Top Bottom