Complete list of Steam Achievements

Think cossack, not nutsack.
I dunno... while most leaders give some variation of "You've defeated me? I'll see you in hell" when you wipe out their civilization, Catherine says something along the lines of "Oh, you're defeated me? Very well... I guess I'm your captive now." which based on her animation and voice, seemed very sultry to me.

Hm.

I an achievement that is not on the list on page 1:

Marco Polo
Be the first to explore and uncover 1000 tiles, across any number of playthroughs.
Unlocked 29th Sept, 2010 at 10:59 am

Does this mean I was literally the first person to discover 1000 tiles in Civ 5? Is this a unique achievement? Does anyone else have Marco Polo?

Hm.

Marco Polo
Be the first to explore and uncover 1000 tiles, across any number of playthroughs.
Unlocked 29th Sept, 2010 at 10:59 am

Does this mean I was literally the first person to discover 1000 tiles in Civ 5? Is this a unique achievement? Does anyone else have Marco Polo?

You can't be first. In my steam profile -
Unlocked: Sep 21, 2010 11:48pm
(NA version)

Other than It's Super Effective and Marco Polo, there are 15 more hidden achievements. Here are their names:

From Archaemennid to Safavid
Panzer "Shafernator" General
War Canoe Attack
The Elephant Battle
The Paul Murphy Award for Excellence and Attractiveness
Cat Fight
Manifest Destiny
I Have the Power
Hundred Years War
All for All Super Brawl
Can't We All Just Get Along?
Knowledge Is Good
Diplomat
Inconceivable!
Six Degrees to Sid

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CivV/achievements/

Most have not yet been achieved by anyone (0%). From Archaemennid to Safavid has 0.2%. Maybe someone who got it could enlighten us?

Steam says 0.1% of people got the achievement, so somebody got it to trigger.

That's a weird number. My idea was that maybe it had to be on an Earth map, but I feel like a lot more people would have gotten it in that case. More than one in 20 people who win an Earth game must explore all the way around.

Actually, where are you seeing values with decimal points? Where I'm looking it just says 0%.

I love that no one has won at Immortal difficulty yet, or chopped down enough trees or roads, which would have gone out so quickly with Civ 4 spamming of forests.

Edit: Someone beat it at deity, and only .1% of all players have let the barbarians get one of their cities.

That's a weird number. My idea was that maybe it had to be on an Earth map, but I feel like a lot more people would have gotten it in that case. More than one in 20 people who win an Earth game must explore all the way around.

Actually, where are you seeing values with decimal points? Where I'm looking it just says 0%.

It used to say 0.1%, it now says 0%.

Maybe someone at Firaxis had it unlocked for testing, but more people registering the game caused the 0.1% to round down to 0%...

...only .1% of all players have let the barbarians get one of their cities.

hehe, I wanted the achievement so I setup a game with standard map, 1 opponent (ghandi), raging barbarians and built a couple cities near barbarian camps, then just sat back and waited. Took them like 40 turns of just circling my cities before they actually took one. Oh well, with no units, it didn't take long between hitting end turn... :)

...more people registering the game caused the 0.1% to round down to 0%...

That seems reasonable. I unlocked To Stand the Test of Time on Wednesday, it was like the first thing I did to get a feel for the game, explore each victory condition. It sat at 0% for the first few days, but now it's slowly creeping up 0.2%.

There would seem to be more achievements that are bugged than just Magellan. An obvious one from looking at the list of regular achievements is Tomb Raider. For it to still be at 0% that means that less than 1 in 1000 has conquered an Egyptian city that had their UB temple replacement - doesn't seem very likely.

I started another thread to track the hidden achievements link and it would seem that either the only available source of the descriptions is wrong, or they are really bugged.

Other than It's Super Effective and Marco Polo, there are 15 more hidden achievements. Here are their names:

From Archaemennid to Safavid
Panzer "Shafernator" General
War Canoe Attack
The Elephant Battle
The Paul Murphy Award for Excellence and Attractiveness
Cat Fight
Manifest Destiny
I Have the Power
Hundred Years War
All for All Super Brawl
Can't We All Just Get Along?
Knowledge Is Good
Diplomat
Inconceivable!
Six Degrees to Sid

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CivV/achievements/

Most have not yet been achieved by anyone (0%). From Archaemennid to Safavid has 0.2%. Maybe someone who got it could enlighten us?
I am really curious about these.

Someone should add them to the original topic with ??? as description for now.

Seriously?!?
Have another Civ beat you to completing a Wonder 10 times.

I think this one is bugged as well. I got it yesterday after my first wonder got beat.

I think this one is bugged as well. I got it yesterday after my first wonder got beat.

I got it yesterday when I was doing a one city building all wonders game (I'm sure that used to be an achieve..) and I was a bit confused. As every wonder is sitting in thebes, so NFI how that got set off.

Six Degrees to Sid 1

Play a multiplayer match with another player who has this achievement (starting with Sid).
Clever, I like it. :)

Top Bottom