Black Lines across Screen - Graphics Problem

blakos

Chieftain
I have recently purchased Civ5, latest edition. It worked fine for the first 5hours or so. Then when i reloaded my game, black lines started appearing across the screen. The game still works but the screen hexs on the screen move between normal colours and black line pixallated whenever you drag the mouse across them.

My system specs are
Acer
laptop
8g Ram
64bit
i5 Intel core M540 @ 2.53GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 upto 2651mb hyper memory

Do i need to adjust settings. My knowledge is limited please help!

...where's that description...one moment...
In Steam, go to library -> games -> Civ5 -> properties -> local files -> check integrity of local files (or similar).
If i'm right, then Steam will tell you that it has to reacquire at least one file, which will hopefully get properly downloaded, and then it should (again hopefully) work again.

Additionally, can you grab a screenshot so we can take a look? Thanks.

Problem back again. Gutted. Is there a more permanent fix? Run in direct 9 only?

By the sounds of it your laptop can easily run dx10 or 11 so why not use that? Your specifications could be struggling running on dx9 because it is pretty archaic in comparison to 11. So if you can get dx 11 that could solve your problems, just a possibility, and at some point you will want to download it anyways :)

Top Bottom