We´re not all barbarians

pigswill

fly (one day)
After the resounding success :rolleyes: of ´They´re All Barbarians´ when Tokugawa played in character and still won :)eek:) its time for a change of pace. And also a change from a leader acting in character to a leader acting totally out of character.

Ladies, Gentlemen and Civ Fanatics we present:

We´re not all barbarians.

Leader: Genghis Khan

Map: Earth 18 (no mods).

Level: Emperor

Speed: Normal

Variants: We cannot win by domination or conquest. We cannot declare war (ever).

Little Red Rooster
me

r-rolo1

nocho

LKendter

cripp7

a space

maybe another space

Knowing we have at least 9 months for this one, count me in.

If we are declared on, can we absorb the offending empire? Hence, are we allowed to terribly piss off any AIs who we'd like to absorb? :)

IN

We do need clear rules how we react to a declare on us.

Are we allowed to expand via sneaky methods such as AP assign, culture flip, etc?

We can indeed respond to AI aggression up to and including their annihilation or vassalage. However we are not barbarians so will not antagonise our neighbours on purpose and will accept reasonable requests.

Culture flipping and AP assignment are indeed peaceful and civilised methods of expansion.

What is reasonable? We say yes to those asking for help and can say no to demands? That's to say when they ask for a tech in a friendly way (pleased+) we have to say yes and can send them packing otherwise?

Player´s discretion. Remember that we´re nice guys and not jerks and act accordingly. Also remember that we´re not into appeasement for the sake of it.

checking in. So the only way we can win is a Space, Culture or Diplomatic. Getting a 1700 A.D. Space victory would be great, I need to learn better Space techniques. I need to learn all of them more better, even though I can do them, it's good to play with other people that are better to learn from

Can yu put on end of roster , pigswill ? I'm having issues with my net provider and I'm without reliable acess for most likely this week. If you play now I'll probably not be able to pick it ...

New Improved Roster

pigswill

nocho

LKendter

cripp7

someone else perhaps?

rolo

Time to start strategising :lol:

We can get a settler out early (2900bc) by going worker>settler, researching AH and working improved horse (we are imperialistic after all) so we can block china from expanding north east early on. Korea is also available which must be one of the best GP farm sites in the game.

Barbs will be a problem, Gwall is unlikely to be a solution, Keshiks are certainly an alternative. By a fortuitous coincidence HbR is pretty good trade bait early game.

Better say something while I still can :D

There are other options, though ...Our starting position is nothing to write home about and there is some great land south ( better said, south-east mainly )... so maybe a settler move to Korea would be something to consider IMHO

I had a quick go at moving the settler east and I was slightly disappointed. In the long term Manchuria and Korea are very nice sites but if the bulk of our empire is going to be central siberia (and I think it needs to be) then they're a bit out of the way.

SIP (well 1E to catch second sheep) gives us solid early production for knocking out imperial settlers, workers, chariots, keshiks etc though I must admit that bureaucracy is not likely to be a priority civic :).

If anyone else would like to work on the starting strategy I'd be more than happy to look at alternatives. Here's a starting save (huts, no events):

I think 1E is fine and I'd try to press out 2 settlers asap. Maybe settle that spot in northern Korea with 2 pigs, wheat, fish, deer, which would leave for a later spot on the edge of the peninsula on dye or silk.

I'd join your little ride if you wanna have me. Didn't get the flat unfortunately (the reason why I bowed out of RR 15). If you can bear with a player who sometimes needs a skip/swap I'm your man :)

Needs a skip or a swap, no problem. Disappear for weeks at a time with an obscure excuse, that's fine too. You're in.

if you are looking for a last guy, I'm your men.
I read all barbarian stuff (yes, the 30+ pages...) and enjoyed it a lot.
I play civ 4 only on earth 18/34/18-1000... on level monarch- divinity depending of starting civ.

Top Bottom