[MOD] MagisterModmod

Is anyone else not having logs show up in the logs folder? I have LoggingEnabled = 1 in the CivilizationIV.INI file, but no BBAI are being created when I play this mod. I am playing the latest version, minus the most recent world builder. I normally used those files to troubleshoot waiting for other civilization issues, but with those logs missing I can't troubleshoot that issue. The log files are not there when I check the Logs folder in MyGames-Beyond the Sword- Logs.

The files that are being created in the logs folder are :
app
audio
bull
Init
Initmgr
LSystem
network-
PythonDbg
PythonErr
PythonErr2
resmgr
xml

Is the BBAI or other AI logs created elsewhere or are they not being created? I read in the first post that "Since the merger with MNAI 2.53, there should be new log files which include the player's name (e.g., SynchLog - Kandros Fir.txt and BBAILog - Kandros Fir.txt) and which I believe would also be quite useful" But I cannot locate those files. Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.

I downloaded the last version and created a scenario map. Everytime I make some modifications on the map and start the game anew, certain values increase. Namely these: World Counter, Starting Mana Bonuses, Unique Features' Yield. Any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks for all the hard work Magister! I've been playing this modmod nonstop for a couple months now and am enjoying it tremendously.

Love your mod Magister! Really love the lore based additions and stuff! Had a few questions though in one of my recent games.

Was playing the Illians and was trying to create Auric Ascended. Finished the Draw and the Ascension rituals and after the latter was finished, I became fallow, but had Auric was still in my game. At first, I noticed it cause the immortal buff, so I tried removing it via world builder. The world builder can remove the respawn, but when the game kills him for Auric Ascended, I get kicked back a Manes and the original Auric unit. This only happened with the recent patch, anything else that could be causing it?

Thanks for the help in advance!

EDIT: I've tried using a normal game (not a custom game that I was running) and still ran into the same problem. I also can't seem to create a Auric Ascended through the world builder to rectify this.

It appears that in line 1940 of CvEventManager.py I used iCount where I should have used iProm, causing a python error before Auric Ascended is created and preventing the rest of the code from being executed.

You should be able to add Auric Ascended in worldbuilder, but you need to deselect "Hide Inactive" to make it or others units which are not the default unit type for the unit class for your civilization.

Because of the bug I fixed in my last post and because of a minor worldbuilder update, I'm uploading a new version.

This is still a very minor update, which I am sure would not break saved games.

You can download the installer here or the archive here.

Heya, idle question: is the Radiant Guard scenario, um...possible, with this mod-mod? I only ever completed it once in "vanilla" FfH2, and I've only really played a little into it with this one, but I quickly noticed that longbows, while one of my top three favorite units (up with assassins and the best of both, nightwatches), pose something of an issue when in enemy cities I need to conquer with limited forces.

Couple other things, with plot points:
Spoiler :
Um...I can't quite remember, but I seem to recall the event where Capria asks for my assistance not popping up in the last time I played it (it was a few patches ago). I just sort of assumed she'd still give me her units if I took Bastradam...

Also, I stopped playing that time through when, a few turns after I put Bastradam under naval siege, my forward scouting force noticed an IRA bearing down on them!!! Again, I'd only played it once, but I kinda thought that scary demons with 10+ strength hadn't started showing up 'til much later, when I had well promoted archmages and Guybrushes that could handle them. Dunno if this mod changed that - I may have just gotten unlucky this last time. Perhaps I could've slugged through it, but my prospects looked rather dismal...

After doing some more testing regarding the missing BBAI logs issue, it appears that the issue may be related to the More Naval AI, and not your mod.
Installing More Naval AI onto a base Fall from Heaven 2 and playing a couple of turns results in the BBAI logs appearing in the Logs folder so I know that the logging function does work for MNAI 2.53. However when I play a couple of turns on either the most recent versions of MagisterModMod or ExtraModMod the expected BBAI log files do not appear or update. Both of these modmods are based or have incorporated on MNAI 2.53.
Perhaps something about mods to MNAI 2.53 causes the BBAI log files to not be recorded. Magister would you have any idea why this occurs? I wonder if MNAI 2.6 would solve this issue.

@zldrago1000

I just want you to know I appreciate you looking into that issue; it seems like no one's been responding to your posts, but I did notice that there was a conspicuous lack of file when I got the infinite wait time bug a few weeks ago. I very much don't do much with modding or files or anything, so I didn't say anything when I saw you had already brought attention to it. But I also don't want you to stop because you think no one cares. :)

and also I'd like it if Magister or Tholal could say if they know anything about it? :mischief:

Magister I appreciate all you've done with this mod and continue to do. I've never moved on to Civ 5 because of it haha

I already use a few of those. Kael used some in base FfH2, and I used a few more.

For many of them (like the Faeries and Rat units) I cannot think of any unit which they would fit, and do not see a need to add new units just to make use of them.

Adding new art would increase the size of the downloads. Since I have had some trouble extracting everything from the FPK, I couldn't archive all the art neatly within that.

I think I may go ahead and use the Sidar and Elohim archmage art though, as the default archmage contrasts too much with the lower level custom art.

Yes of course only those units fitting into your mod, that`s exactly what i wished for :)

Just wanted to post and add that I absolutely love this mod and hope you keep working on it - I started Civ at the same time 5 was released, and while I picked up Civ4, I never really got into it. Eventually though, I got tired of just reading about Fall From Heaven on other sites and gave it a try, eventually grabbing your Mod on top of it.

And it has been amazing. I keep looking at other 4X games of a fantasy nature, and all i can think is "Not as good as Fall From Heaven, especially with the great lore from Magister's Modmod."

Just thought you ought to know. :clap:

After doing some more testing regarding the missing BBAI logs issue, it appears that the issue may be related to the More Naval AI, and not your mod.
Installing More Naval AI onto a base Fall from Heaven 2 and playing a couple of turns results in the BBAI logs appearing in the Logs folder so I know that the logging function does work for MNAI 2.53. However when I play a couple of turns on either the most recent versions of MagisterModMod or ExtraModMod the expected BBAI log files do not appear or update. Both of these modmods are based or have incorporated on MNAI 2.53.
Perhaps something about mods to MNAI 2.53 causes the BBAI log files to not be recorded. Magister would you have any idea why this occurs? I wonder if MNAI 2.6 would solve this issue.

Having this problem as well. Got the endless turn bug 60 turns into a game, and without the BBAI log it very hard to track down the unit responsible. I have got a large civ.txt file, but I cannot see how to pick units out of this.

Edit: Would also like to add that like a previous poster, by turn 150, I have had about 8 of the resource discovered (creation mana) events. Mind you, it does not pop up as a constellation type one, just a message 'resource discovered'. Playing with the latest version.

Edit 2: Without the logs to identify which unit is the culprit, my latest game has become unplayable. Seems a bit unusual that more people aren't having this problem.

BBAI logs need to be enabled explicitly when the DLL is compiled (by using the /DLOG_AI define). If I remember correctly MagisterModmod uses More Naval AI DLLs, so it may be possible that MNAI 2.53 was compiled without the required define. Compiling and using a 2.53 DLL with that define enabled should fix the problem.

Edit: Would also like to add that like a previous poster, by turn 150, I have had about 8 of the resource discovered (creation mana) events. Mind you, it does not pop up as a constellation type one, just a message 'resource discovered'. Playing with the latest version.

It seems like it's giving the notification even if another player actually got the event, which is why you don't see the constellation. In my personal install, I just disabled it from adding new creation mana, since it results in way too much of the stuff all over the place.

Top Bottom