Not seeing Steam Mods after enabling

Gary4Civ

Chieftain
Hi,

I have the new patch working fine. Finished playing a little map mod game I made.

I went up to Steam and subscribed to a bunch of new mods. Went into the game Mods screen, enabled them, clicked next and it looked like they were all ready. I see all the mod files are in my C:\Users\<my name>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder.

When I start Civ 5 I don't see any way to load the new mods/maps, even those with their own maps such as Westeros (v 1).

The mods I loaded were:

Promotions - Crossovers (v 2)
Westeros (v 1)
R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v 3)
Policy - Free Warrior (v 4)
Units - Subs Ignore Borders (v 2)
City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) (v 30)
Cultural Diffusion (v 12)
Global - Barbarian XP Level 6 (v 2)

so I guess I would not see options to actually run any but the Westeros and WWII mods (with maps), but I don't see them anywhere although they are enabled.

I thought about reinstalling Civ 5 from scratch after yanking it out, but that's pretty drastic - any ideas I could try first? I wonder if I somehow have the game looking for the mods in the wrong folder - where is that pointer stored?

Thanks

After enabling the map, for example, you should just enable it, click next (and see it's enabled on the review screen), click "Setup Game", and then select "Map Type". You will see it in that list towards the bottom.

Hi,

I have the new patch working fine. Finished playing a little map mod game I made.

I went up to Steam and subscribed to a bunch of new mods. Went into the game Mods screen, enabled them, clicked next and it looked like they were all ready. I see all the mod files are in my C:\Users\<my name>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS folder.

When I start Civ 5 I don't see any way to load the new mods/maps, even those with their own maps such as Westeros (v 1).

The mods I loaded were:

Promotions - Crossovers (v 2)
Westeros (v 1)
R.E.D. WWII Data Files (v 3)
Policy - Free Warrior (v 4)
Units - Subs Ignore Borders (v 2)
City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) (v 30)
Cultural Diffusion (v 12)
Global - Barbarian XP Level 6 (v 2)

so I guess I would not see options to actually run any but the Westeros and WWII mods (with maps), but I don't see them anywhere although they are enabled.

I thought about reinstalling Civ 5 from scratch after yanking it out, but that's pretty drastic - any ideas I could try first? I wonder if I somehow have the game looking for the mods in the wrong folder - where is that pointer stored?

Thanks

After enabling the map, for example, you should just enable it, click next (and see it's enabled on the review screen), click "Setup Game", and then select "Map Type". You will see it in that list towards the bottom.

The map does not show in the list unless I manually copy it from the mod folder to the Maps folder.

I must have some config issues. It may be something I have done in the past...I guess I will just unsubscribe from all the new mods (or at least the map mods) and make my own, don't really feel like yanking out the whole game on 2 PCs.

The map does not show in the list unless I manually copy it from the mod folder to the Maps folder.

I must have some config issues. It may be something I have done in the past...I guess I will just unsubscribe from all the new mods (or at least the map mods) and make my own, don't really feel like yanking out the whole game on 2 PCs.

Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question, but so I'm sure, you are viewing the Setup Game from WITHIN the mods section, not from the main menu when you look for the map, correct?

Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question, but so I'm sure, you are viewing the Setup Game from WITHIN the mods section, not from the main menu when you look for the map, correct?

There is no option to setup a game in my Civ in the mods section, only the single player (I haven't tried multi).

Did you mean scenarios? Not there either.

Mods has Accept>Enable>Next, review and back.

If I recall, when I made my own mod there was in Install step at some point, can't remember exactly where but it wasn't hard to find.

There is no option to setup a game in my Civ in the mods section, only the single player (I haven't tried multi).

Did you mean scenarios? Not there either.

Mods has Accept>Enable>Next, review and back.

If I recall, when I made my own mod there was in Install step at some point, can't remember exactly where but it wasn't hard to find.

Sorry, I skipped a step, yes, after you enable the mod and click "Next", you will see the review screen that lists the enabled mods and has a "Single Player" button at the top. Click that button, then click "Setup Game", then you can select "Map Type".

Sorry, I skipped a step, yes, after you enable the mod and click "Next", you will see the review screen that lists the enabled mods and has a "Single Player" button at the top. Click that button, then click "Setup Game", then you can select "Map Type".

Wow, I did not notice that "Single Player" at the top was clickable! Thank you for your patience dshirk. I can now get into where you load the mods and play them.

One last small question - it seems that saving the game when playing the mods (I am trying the WWII mod) does not offer you the option of naming or picking a slot, or using the Steam Cloud. This could be an issue people like me that play the same game on different PCs. Have you run into this?

Top Bottom