Do you alow all victory types?

Kime11

Chieftain
I get little dissapointed when losing in a space race for a bit,because I grow up slowly,but secure,so I believe I would won if it would be only conquest victory?So I'm thinking about restrict types of victory?

For what it's worth, I personally turn off everything but space race and conquest victories (I hate winning by domination en route to a conquest victory). If you're playing single player, you might as well set them however you like in order to make your game the most enjoyable. Good luck!

Do what you like. I turn off Cultural, because it's silly. Conquest and Space Race are the only real victories, if you ask me.

I like to leave them all on, as it is more challenging to make sure that an AI isn't going to get it.

I leave 'em all on. Since I plan on Huge worlds I tend to be ready for the game to end at a certain point. Leaves options open to me.

But yes, getting beat by space race/UN really does steam my goat.

I play with Cultural, Diplomatic, Conquest and Domination on.

Why not play with Spacerace? Because it's just a victory condition that prevents you from researching all the nifty techs in the modern age ;), You end up winning before you can even try the stealth bombers.

Why play with Diplomatic and Cultural? Because they encourage peacemongering (to some extent)! And thats a good thing, cause I warmonger too much.. heh.

It's not a real 'insert victory' victory unless you have all of the victory conditions on IMO - hence, I do.

I'll say Victory again for good measure. Victory ;)

I have lost again (diplomatic)this time,and I had the most teritory,I would've won 100% if I was playing on conquest victory...I really got mad...I've played for nothing two days!!!

In Civ3 - conquest, domination, space
In conquests & PTW - I also like regicide or mass regicide.
For a shorter and more intense game - elimination.

I duno, I've won with cultural a few times, I hate the UN vicotry though....

I think that Civ 3 gets to be too much if you play it for too long, especially with Domination... Too... many cities.... too many workers.... muist.... micromanage.... Yeah, I was realyl glad when I fnally won my game with Space Race.

Half the challenge of the game is not just winning by your own chosen method, but preventing others from winning by theirs. I play every game with all of the victory types on.

I play with all of the victories but I like knowing in the game's beginning which victory is my goal.
Sometimes I turn off Cultural, the another continent superpower could win easily with that.

My favorite victory would probably be the Histograph victory. You get to play as much of the game as you can, in any style, but I leave 'em all on, probably because I never end up finishing any of my games. I like the settling and expansion phase the best.

My favorite victory would probably be the Histograph victory. You get to play as much of the game as you can, in any style, but I leave 'em all on, probably because I never end up finishing any of my games. I like the settling and expansion phase the best.

I leave all on but space race, sometimes though I will turn it on, it's fun to figure out a way to the AI's capitol if they're ahead in the race.

I leave most of them on, the only one I have ALWAYS off, is space race. I like to keep in control of my game, and play as long as I please (while still being scored). I hate the space race, because the AI always builds it, and it FORCES me to build it or loose. I don't like that concept. I could take over their Civ, but I like to keep a world balance. Its just my type of game. Histograph victory all the way!

I'm going for Conquest at the moment on a pangaea map, but I might end up getting Cultural victory first (4 wonders in my old capital through the ages).

Top Bottom