[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

The WH40K stuff is cool, isn't it :cool:?

Patch J
Will break Savegames!
Includes all previous patches

- 3 new leaders. One for Korea, India and the Jail. All leaderheads are from cfkane.
- Increased the science rate a bit (was imho very slow)
- All civs start with 4 water and oxygen instead of 3 before
- Moved the pump-station to the technology trading
- Light Infantry starts with "scientist"
- Light Attach Ship is a bit more expensive
- New model for "42". Model was made by Lord Tirian
- Mutants appear now the over the whole time. Not many, but also an plots, which are visible

This mod is really cool, great job!

Hey, I love the mod! You know, in place of China and Russia, you should just merge them as the SCO. :)
Theres a bug in the mod, every time I try to load or go to menu while in the game, it CTD. And that's not all, it CTDs randomly, like once when I moved the pointer of a barrack in the building que and another when I moved the pointer over an event option.
And another thing, some events same to happen way too often, like the stromcloud destroy route one, every turn it pops up.
And I don't know if you made it like this or not but the Barbarians never seem to attack cities, are they all animals?

But aside from all that I really like the mod, keep up the good work! :D

This mod is really cool, great job!

But aside from all that I really like the mod, keep up the good work! :D

Thank you both :).

Hey, I love the mod! You know, in place of China and Russia, you should just merge them as the SCO. :)

I can't find, what SCO means (okay, wikipedia has several suggestions, but no one fits).

But Russia and China will stay, but maybe it's good for something additional :).

Theres a bug in the mod, every time I try to load or go to menu while in the game, it CTD. And that's not all, it CTDs randomly, like once when I moved the pointer of a barrack in the building que and another when I moved the pointer over an event option.

Yes, i know that :(.
I have no idea, where this comes from :(, but currently working on it.

The two mars maps and the arkon map seem to be more stable, maybe you should try one of them next time.

And another thing, some events same to happen way too often, like the stromcloud destroy route one, every turn it pops up.

Still? I guess, i've just changed the events the last times right in the false direction :blush:.

And I don't know if you made it like this or not but the Barbarians never seem to attack cities, are they all animals?

The mutants are animals, but the "normal" barbarians are not.
Haven't heard from that, do you have a savegame, where i can see it?

The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) is an intergovernmental mutual-security organization which was founded in 2001 by the leaders of China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.

I was playing on the Mars map (huge) when it CTD and as for Barbarians, I think what it is, is that I build the Great Shield early. Though I think that mutants shouldn't be animals, it'd be cool to have to fend off mutants and viruses. Anyways, :)

The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) is an intergovernmental mutual-security organization which was founded in 2001 by the leaders of China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.

Uh, looked at wikipedia, there's an entry. Okay, i've read it, it fits maybe better as an corporation.

I was playing on the Mars map (huge) when it CTD

:cry: d***.

and as for Barbarians, I think what it is, is that I build the Great Shield early. Though I think that mutants shouldn't be animals, it'd be cool to have to fend off mutants and viruses. Anyways, :)

You'll get what you want with the next patch ;).
But i don't know, when it'll come.
Small chance of today, big chance in two weeks.

Patch K
Will NOT break Savegames with Patch J
Includes all previous patches
Attention: 80 mb!

- Fixes the wrong starting technology from the African Union (thanks to axayacatl)
- Fixes an internal problem with a wrong unit reference (thanks to TC01)
- Fixed the GPS wonder. Now it doesn't need coast.
- The Jail civ now can not steal the special technologies, like the one from the private space explorers.
- All civic specific units and buildings are now visible in the city screen, also if you have the wrong civic (then they are not enabled). Thanks to EmperorFool
- Removed resource/building prerequisites for the units from computerized society
- Fixed the victory screen (evolution victory). Also the AI will now more active go to this victory. Thanks to Davidlallen
- New airport model. Model by Kathy.
- New model for SETI. Model by Lord Tirian
- AI will now more settle towards oxygen and water. Thanks to Dune Wars team (idea from a discussion there)
- Placed more resources (mainly water and oxygen) on the 2 mars maps.
- Late game mutants (these, which come with the barbarians) will now cross borders (...i guess)
- Double speed of terraforming
- The command center (palace) can now airlift
- Changed the climate and the bonus placement for the map scripts (which are still not stable :()
- List for great prophet names now completly filled
- Custom music added. All this music is free and legal available. Thanks to Tholish for the links, thanks to PieceOfMind for suggesting the first 4 songs.

Spoiler :
From http://www.electrobel.be:
Electricfunk - I_love_funk.mp3
Electricfunk - Souljazz.mp3
Xennoxlane - Groove__under_construction_.mp3
XipeTotek - Orange_Bud__IceTea_Peach.mp3

From http://www.ektoplazm.com:
Dark Fox - Stelar Madness (Majestad Valkyria Remix).mp3
ManMadeMan - Stillness Within.mp3
Progress - Rain Road.mp3

I've uploaded an version as zip-File (not as installer) to AtomicGamer and added it to the download-page (or directly here), for all the people, who don't trust in installers, and all the Macians.

Question: Is the amout of barbs and mutants to high?
A user from the german forum has said that, and i need some thoughts.

I don't think they are to high at all. In fact, in my own opinion I would higher if anything, not lower the number of barbs :)

mmmh, i tend to making the barbs weaker than standard on lower levels, and stronger from prince on.

How much CtDs have happend in your current game?
I'm not sure, if my high occurrence rate of CtDs maybe comes from my old HDD, so i need the information from other people.

While I saw it much happening much like a random event, which made auto-saves really, really useful. :)

Can't download patch.
AGH! I can't download from Atomic Gamer, And I'm not waiting for 5 minutes just to have the download fail. So, please stop using Atomic Gamer, and use any other host on the entire internet. Rapidshare, Megaupload, I don't care if I have to download from some obscure internet website, just please, not impossibletodownloadfrom Gamer. :)

While I saw it much happening much like a random event, which made auto-saves really, really useful. :)

erm...okay, thanks for responding :).

Can't download patch.
AGH! I can't download from Atomic Gamer, And I'm not waiting for 5 minutes just to have the download fail. So, please stop using Atomic Gamer, and use any other host on the entire internet. Rapidshare, Megaupload, I don't care if I have to download from some obscure internet website, just please, not impossibletodownloadfrom Gamer. :)

Uh, sorry, forgot you :blush:.
I'll see, if i can upload it to rapidshare tomorrow.

On the bright side, since there's one of me, at least you don't have to worry too much. :)

Also, this mod is pretty cool. :)

Just you know, be prepared for me to say "ARGGHH!" :)

I'll let you know how I like this new version a little later. Maybe Tomorrow. I'll be busy playing Oblivion again.

Just wanted to say: plays fine - and I really like those red mountains and bubbly oxygen resources and stuff!:goodjob:

Darn it! I have an issue with epic crashes as soon as I end my turn, I don't know why. Here's the save game though, maybe someone can see. All you have to do is hit end turn. :(

Every time. I've tried everything I know.

Attachments

• Boon! AD-2152-July.CivBeyondSwordSave
    85.6 KB · Views: 60
Just wanted to say: plays fine - and I really like those red mountains and bubbly oxygen resources and stuff!:goodjob:

The oxygen bubbles are real nice work, i like them too :) (The_Coyote and VK are responsible for it).

Darn it! I have an issue with epic crashes as soon as I end my turn, I don't know why. Here's the save game though, maybe someone can see. All you have to do is hit end turn. :(

Every time. I've tried everything I know.

I don't get an error :dunno:.
Savegame from the next round is attached.
EDIT: Removed now, it is totally obsolete.

And if somebody is interested:

Judge for yourself whether or not it was successful. The thirty-fifth episode of ModCast is now netcasting. Entitled "Self-Promotion", it features core panelists Tony "GarretSidzaka" Kiehl, Wouter "Locutus" Snijders, Kenneth "Impaler[WrG]" Ferland and John "bt_oz" Archer with first-time guest co-host Jay "The_J".

ModCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game modding; sibling show PolyCast focuses on Civ strategy and RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution. The summary of topics is as follows:

- 03m01s | Code Corner
New Sentry Actions by Pep, using the latest Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword patch (3.19).
- 10m46s | Artist Sketchpad
For the Planetfall MOD, Mobile Infantry by GarretSidzaka; then, in recognition of some centuries past, Industrial Spaniards by bernie14.
- 20m55s | Cartography Room
Marking a quarter-century gaming anniversary with the Tetris Map by Minor Annoyance.
- 23m55s | Modding Spotlight
Interviewing the creator of the Mars, Now! MOD about the work, The_J.

As always, enjoy. :cool:

I think, i haven't done a good job, but haven't heard it yet.

Weird. It doesn't crash for you. :(

Oh, well, I'll try to play some more, I'll figure it out somehow.

It works now. Weird.
Oh, and some people are complaining about Religion Fanaticism, although there's not a single thing I'm using that should be considered fanaticism. Just colony, Communism, Data Control, and another one that escapes me.

ARghh! Another crash, this time several turns later. This doesn't seem to make sense!

Top Bottom