Another WW2 scenario

Sigh... still cant play it i am afraid. I must be doing something fundamentaly wrong.

I put them in the correct folder, instal option appears, it starts to install and abruptly stops at around 2600 without saying "completed" or anything, and then the screen is the same - no mod visible to 'enable'. I screenshot all my steps and attach them here, if anyone has an idea of what i am doing wrong feel free to help... The files were unzipped.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    125.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 159
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 106
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 111
Silver1974 with one my pc's i couldnt get it to install also. i downloaded a program called 7zip and extracted the mod files into the mod folder

Possible to include the intercepter fix mentioned earlier ? :)

Yeah, it is possible. I redid the tech tree, and it has made for quite a lot of additional work in the scenario already though. I wanted to try to implement a usable version of Gedemon's RED calendar lua script, so I'll look at the bit he made for the interceptor fix when that time comes.

may i just say loving the new version of this. its alot of fun and i like that the war is euro centric now. though i added a few changes. like japan and china being locked in a perminte war and making the uk perminate friends with egypt, australia and canada(i still disable the lua.) but all and all love it.

Hello,

thanks for the tips, by using 7zip as you suggested i unloaded everything fine, and move on with all steps until then the end. Then what you predicted happened, and i encountered the other error, "assertion failed", so i followed the additional steps

I installed World Builder, opened the map as per the instructions and saved it with a new slightly different name. Then deleted the original (move it in my desktop actually) and left the new one in the map folder (the original game one, not the mods one)

Then when i start it and try to make a game, i see the options, i load the scenario, and when i click "start scenario" a few seconds later the game crashes. Sorry for all the questions, but i feel i am really close now and want to play this scenario. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• first screen.jpg
    first screen.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 123
  • second screen.jpg
    second screen.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 115
  • third screen.jpg
    third screen.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 121
Those screens where the leader portraits are messed up has me very confused. It looks like the civ icons show up fine, while the leader portraits appear as large blocks.

I would guess that whatever is causing that defect might be causing the crash. If you want to try running the mod on a test map I use, that would at least tell you whether the problem is being caused by the map or if it's somehow the mod itself. I'll attach the test map to the opening post in this thread for download. To use it simply put the map file in your "maps" folder. Then go through the usual process with "load scenario" before starting a game.

Anyone else that wants to use it for some reason can then access it as well.

EDIT: One thing that might be worth trying is playing via DirectX11. That's a guess at why the leader portraits are malfunctioning.

Hey rhettrogun, I just want to say thanks for continuing to work on the map. I am currently playing a game as Romania, and I find changing Romania to a civ was a very neat idea. :)

With the RED WW2 map basically in stasis, you are currently the only person producing a good scenario for Civ 5. Please continue the good work, as I really enjoy your map, and would hate to see the last scenario for civ 5 go down the pooper.

Hopefully you can fix the custom civ thing, but even if you don't I know I still have many hours of enjoyment left on this map. I lurk a lot more than I should on these forums, but I just had to login and post to let you know I appreciate the work you've been putting in even after all this time.

do u plan in making a europe version??because it will be a lot more strategic and have more space to fight

or how about a version that takes north and south america outta the game considering that they dont do anything thing the whole game anyway. i like the fight in asia and europe i think that would be good.

@Sethyboy0 You're welcome. Glad you are enjoying it :)

As far as making a new version for Europe, my thought is probably not. It would have merit like you've pointed out, but I don't think I'll feel like making another ww2 map. The RED scenario does the European theatre quite well already anyways.

I'm getting the current version up to speed for now. I restructured the tech tree, and that kind of led to adding/changing a whole slew of other items. If everything works correctly, it should be a huge improvement.

cool stuff cant wait for the new version. i've been holding off playing for a while knowing that there would be an update :cool:

Hey rhettrongun, thank you for all the tips. I used your map, but still got the crushes, I guess it could be directX11 as you mention but they dont have a version for windows XP. As soon as i get windows7 i will try the scenario again.

Once again thank you for your time

New version is up. I couldn't get around to adding the interception xp fix, as I have to take some time away from modding. A lot of new stuff did make it in though. Let me know if there is any crashing or a major bug of some sort, and I will try to get a quick fix in. Otherwise this should be the version for a while.

something still up with japan and the game stops working when i try to play as them

Thanks for letting me know. I'll check it out myself. Unfortunately it sounds like I'll have to delete some preplaced units again. I'll hold off on doing that for now.

I managed to play a game as Germany well into 1940 before noticing a big problem with the "mobelwagen" AA unit. It costs zero resources to build, so it can be spammed. I've got a fix for it on the way with a correction for when destroyer mk1 classes go obsolete as well.

It will support saved games, so no need to restart a game after reinstalling. Part 2 of the mod is unchanged, so if you want to update simply delete part 1 and install the new part 1 like normal.

lo and behold japan works again after this morning's update. it's very strange

That type of crash seems to be kind of erratic. I didn't do anything to try to fix the overload of items for Japan in that update, so it's likely just due to luck in this case that it loaded ok.

On top of the mobelwagen missing iron requirements I noticed the ostwind had the same problem about a half hour later. I figured I would mention that in case anyone downloaded the fix in that 1/2 hour window where I was uploading the otwind fix as well. I've also since noticed that the Stug III ausf. F has a bugged skin, and shows up completely blacked out. I'll probably release another fix for that sometime today.

Rhettrongun---Thank you SO MUCH for your hard work putting this mod together through all these months. WWII v’s.10&12 literally got me through last summer.
Between v.12 being too easy to win and the upgrade process seeming to be too hard, it wasn’t until this week that I finally decided to risk losing the game altogether to try to get to v.17.
Amazingly, I discovered that by simply following the instructions thru the ‘application crashes’, installing Worldbuilder, etc., I am now enjoying WWII more than ever.
You’ve tweaked the game so well that I’m now getting great competition even on Prince level. I love your mapwork and especially the unique units and their heavy resource requirements.
My 1st game impression was shock at the number of units on the board—and then realizing that most the German and French hexes were double-stacked. I like all the possibilities here and hope you don’t have to cut back the number of units to speed the game up and/or prevent crashes.
10-15 minute AI turns are no biggie—there’s plenty of action to see between turns—especially if you can get a couple of workboats out to witness hotspots. The AI can take all the time it wants—it seems to be improving all the time throughout Civ5.
At the risk of being politically incorrect I must admit I miss the Nazi logos on the cities. Again, thanks for all your effort—now, it’s back to the game.

At the risk of being politically incorrect I must admit I miss the Nazi logos on the cities.

Glad you like it. No problem with political incorrectness here, as I see that it's simply part of ww2 history. I don't think I tinkered with any of the logos though. As far as I know the Nazi symbol still shows up in game just as it has since I first added it into the scenario some year or so ago.

Top Bottom