Osismied/NPC
Color: Strong Green
Religion: Druidic Pantheon
Size: Medium
Economy: 10/1 (2/6/2)-0
Military: 1 Spearmen (3) 2 Unsullied (4), 17 Curraghs (0.5),
Confidence: Respecting
Culture: Average
Projects: The Wall: Completed; Golden Taranis (Completed: +Culture +Armorican Confidence)
Could you please update that to this?
Spoiler :
Osismied/Gem Hound
Color: Strong Green
Religion: Druidic Pantheon
Size: Medium
Economy: 10/1 (2/6/2)-0
Military: 1 Spearmen (3) 2 Unsullied (4), 17 Curraghs (0.5),
Confidence: Respecting
Culture: Average
Projects: The Wall: Completed; Golden Taranis (Completed: +Culture +Armorican Confidence)

Spoiler Stuff you asked for :
[1] Osismied is one of the few remaining of the first experiment because the plague never reached them due to their isolation. They are a warlike, druidic society that has slowly expanded over the centuries.
[2] Even though most are Celtic in Osismied, any people are welcome enmass regardless of nationality or religion unless all out war has been declared or if that religion believes in massacring other faiths.
[3] National taxes are based on noble rank. A homeless person pays nothing while the Barons pay the most which is mostly gained from the local taxes. It has always been like this since the start and no one complains loudly over it due to the lack of revolution due to this system. Hierarchy exists but the difference between the classes is a little less than in a normal society. The poor have more then normal while the rich have a tiny smidgin less. The money goes to maintaining structures already built, city watches, the army, building new public structures, etc.
[4]In Osismied, the King is another person, just one that everyone looks upon for guidance and hope. There is written records(runic language) of when generally the first king of Osismied rose among the chiefs of the Osismii and conquered the neighboring tribes. It is common knowledge that a chief is just a regular person raised by his followers even among the lowest of classes. It has been transferred to parchment now from the stone tablets it had originally been carved on. Including what the runes stated as maps which have been drawn and immortalized.
[5] They look outside their borders and notice that neighbors begin to follow their example and settle down. First Domnonia, then Ostava, then Lundein all settled down to aid from Osismied. The Frenks to South though are another matter and need to be dealt with swiftly, preferably with the man who stylizes himself king dead.
[6] Every year, Osismied continues to become more civilized in a Classical sense. Osismied is a place of progress in the Western world because many areas within it's borders have not seen hostile forces in several hundred years.
[7] The army of Osismied is unmatched. Though not undefeated, it is by far the most heavily trained in the region. These forces are only offered to help other nations when deeply allied.

From Vahlshallah to Osismied;
May we sign some agreements for peace between us? We want no quarrel with you, and we would rather be friends, than enemies. If you require something of us, we will see what we can offer.

OOC: Terrance, how much EP needs to be poured into farms in order to get 1 rural EP back?

Edit: SUCH A RELEVANT NON-SPAM POST.

From Vahlshallah to Osismied;
May we sign some agreements for peace between us? We want no quarrel with you, and we would rather be friends, than enemies. If you require something of us, we will see what we can offer.

OOC: Terrance, how much EP needs to be poured into farms in order to get 1 rural EP back?

((are you not on the Mediterranean? If so, we have no contact with you.))
Area know by the Armorican Empire(Osismied):
Spoiler :

He is in Germany..

My fault, i'll fling some scouts your way by way of catapult, Gem Hound.

Also... fun barbarians? We have to start the killing machines up again.

EDIT: NO, NO, NO. We aren't those Dutch idiots, we are those German/Italian people!!!

My fault, i'll fling some scouts your way by way of catapult, Gem Hound.

Also... fun barbarians? We have to start the killing machines up again.

EDIT: NO, NO, NO. We aren't those Dutch idiots, we are those German/Italian people!!!
Okay. good. Fling some scouts my way then. :p

Meh, you guys have heard rumors of each other.

The Ostavans told the Faithful Horde that the Armoricans worship a strange religion and that trade is good.
The Frenks told the Armoricans that the Faithful Horde is even more bloodthirsty than they are and are worthy enemies.

:(, I was trying to be nice to people as well, who weren't in my path of conquest.

Anyways... flinging scouts.

There are always people in the path of conquest!

You can stab with words or swords. One is less bloody, the other is faster.

Do you know why I keep doing this? So that we won't get bogged down in some Fresh Starts where it becomes endless domestic development or endless war until the end. I'm literally tweaking so that every 2-3 turns there will be an "pay attention!" moment and that not everyone will fight a major war in the same turn. :D

Diplomacy is going well, almost done here. I'm thinking about staying with the 2-week scheduel, while posting short NPC stories every so often.

Ah, nice. You can expect a story for tomorrow.

Really loving this so far, Terrance. :)

DIPLOMACY!

To the Kingdom of Thebes
Spoiler :
From Damietta, King Raas Hunter-of-Horus
Unifying Egypt is very well and all, but I think the Lybians is a bigger problem. I propose that we send a unified expedition to throw them out of the Oasii towns once again and that we both end our monopolies on the Nile trade.
From Anor, Prince Rezzemus, Hound of Horus
If you would help free us from the “help” of our “friends”, you will have my gratitude.
From Beni-Hasan, King Tutmus Keeper-of-Baset
Stay out of our business, and we will stay out of yours. Business is good, if it isn’t tainted with war.

To Axum
Spoiler :
From Kartoros, King Garanos
We’re having some difficulty in dislodging the Severi Confederacy. Can you send some aid?
From the Severi Confederacy
Stay out of the conflict, and we’ll promise not to harm your precious merchants.
From Aden
We’re willing to guide you to our contacts for lower tariffs and a significant sum

To the Kingdom of Osisimied
Spoiler :
From Dumonos and Lundien
Great thanks! But they now have many allies on Brittania itself, and although forced we must ask for more aid against this grave threat.
From Wesfrenks, King Clovis the Clever
We’re willing to broker a peace with you. We simply ask for the return of Tours under Frenkish leadership and the head of that traitor you’re harboring. We’re even willing to pay with reparations in the form of mercenaries.
From Ostava, King Karov the Chief Cleaver
We had to bail out because of the great distances, but hey, now that we have an actual supply line we can go murder those Alpine Frenks for you… at a price, of course.

To the Buertgang Strumithing
Spoiler :
From the Believers
We don’t want to be ruled by Pagans!
I’m preparing a campaign to “unite” the lower Ostavan city states. If you can continue your distraction, I will give you the authority to rule over the Rhine Believers.
From Chief Bourgas of Kentus
The fighting stiffens, we need to launch a full offensive instead of this bush-beating. We should march to Luneien! I can raise several more warriors, and I’m sure we can easily agitate several Militia in our favor to soak up the arrows.
From Lundien
We’re willing to talk. Stop attacking us, and we’ll stop attacking you, and let the tribes choose their masters as they please.
From Dumonos
There will be no peace until you flee across the Narrow Sea!

To the High Kingdom of Hyak
Spoiler :
From Viria, High Priest “The Tax Maker”
If you’re willing, we wish to hire several units for war against Boukae.

To Toras-Noth
Spoiler :
From the Sarkish Confederacy
You shall pay for your crime of slavery! Oh you shall pay!
From Provence, Leon, Sardican Farmers
What is happening at the Sarkish Confederacy? Do you really oppress men of the Faith like that? Why won’t you let us trade with you? (also goes to Mediolaun and Ctesiphod)
From Thloryn
Oh great Torasetar! The Exnot heathens march upon your Zirilist faithful! Declare a crusade, and help boaster our flagging spirits!

To Sardican Empire
Spoiler :
From Leon, Provence, Sardican Farmers
The Faith is good. You should declare it the True Faith of the royal family.
From Merchants, Kretens, Uticans
Zirilism is good. You should declare it the True Faith of the royal family.
From Qadaphi Family
You will never find my Oasii, for my people love me!

To the High Kingdom of Katan
Spoiler :
From Makedonia, the Mountain King
We should come to an agreement on our borders. Fighting is fun, but I have a kingdom to manage and fighting over some parts of Koyun isn’t really worth it.
I would appreciate if we hold a tournament between us, to showcase our martial abilities and goodwill. The Migration period has ended, let peace reign.
From Trezibond, the Exiles
If you can reinstate the House of Justice on the Throne of Byzantinos, you will forever have our gratitude! We will be willing to be a prince under your leadership.
From Hattasus
We’re willing to trade, if we’ll stop trading blows.

To Xilaroi
Spoiler :
From the Duchy of Wei
Thank you, my friend. The civilizing of Man shall always be assigned to our combined efforts.
From the Duchy of Zhou
Seeing your ships floundering about amuses us. Perhaps you are willing to buy some of our Ocean-going craft once we perfect it?
From Clan Kudoba
Great Foreigners, I hear that Clan Kato is searching for death. We’ll pay you handsomely for using your skilled techniques to break their battkelines.

To: Whomever It Concerns

The Emperor of the Sturmithing and the Dhanriag, Patriarch of the Beurtgang Clan, does in his unmatched wisdom announce the adoption by the Beurtgang Clan of the Faith as practiced by the people of Ostava and other good adherents to the gods. We have seen the light, and will do everything in our power to further the cause. It is henceforth stipulated that the pagan title "Sturmithing" is now abolished, and the Sturmithing is reconstituted as the Empire in the name of the gods and in the name of the Beurtgang. It is here recorded in sight of the gods, and in sight of man. Praise to Odane.

To: Believers

Have no fear. We have seen the light of your gods, and we have adopted them as our own. You will be treated as equals within the Empire.

To: His Lordship, King Karov of Ostava

We will of course accept, and thank you for, your recognition of our right to lead the good practitioners of the Faith along the Rhine.

To: Lundein, Dumonos
CC: Kentus

These are the only terms the Emperor will accept.

1. The tribe of Lundein will pledge fealty to the Emperor of the Beurtgang and the Dhanriag, swear non-aggression against the former's good allies and kinsmen, the tribe of Kentus, and will accept the gods of the Faith as the Emperor has.

2. The people of Dumonos will recognize Lundein's fealty to the Beurtgang Emperor, and will cease their efforts to undermine the authority of the Emperor and the authority of the Faith in Britannia.

3. The tribe of Kentus will be permitted to acquire lands lost by the tribe of Lundein's former adherents and allies in their unjust war against Beurtgang civilization and progress, and Kentus will be granted the right to arbitrate for the Emperor further matters within Britannia.

Spoiler :
[1] The Beurtgang Empire was formed when the Beurtgang Clan, a Keltian family that had migrated from the west with various adherent tribes and servants that they had collected as an entourage and as functional vassals to their tribal authority, conquered and ultimately united the disparate Dhanriag tribes of the region now known as Beurtitia. Since then, they have consolidated their authority by delegating their authority as a central government to the Dhanriag tribes and clans, who rule over the culturally-disparate and even somewhat culturally-alienated Dhanriag that Clan Beurtgang might not be conciliatory enough to maintain power over directly.

[2] The Beurtgang have recently adopted the Sarkovite Faith as a means of centralizing their authority over the Empire's new annexes, and over the Dhanriag, who it is believed could be brought into the Beurtgang cultural sphere by creating a common religion. Since that conversion, the "pagan" Keltian title (slurred with Dhanriag, and the Beurtgang Keltian dialect) of Sturmithing has been dropped.

[3] The Beurtgang military, such as a standing army exists, is largely composed of Clan Beurtgang's own armies who are the closest thing to professional, trained soldiers. Among these number, they are largely armored in basic bronze metal-work, with spears and axes. These armies are supplemented by the armies of the Dhanriag clans, either maintained separately by the clans, or raised by the clans from their adherents. The Beurtgang Clan and its Dhanriag adherents largely cooperate militarily, as the tribes maintain authority over their own kinsmen, and it is only the political authority of the Beurtgang Clan that keeps all the various parts of the machine moving in unison. Ultimately, the Beurtgang military is a reflection of the existing tribal oligarchy between the Dhanriag populace, the Dhanriag clans, and Clan Beurtgang that is only held together through the common goals and cooperation of all the members.

To Beurtgang Empire
From Most Believers
He has seen the light from our cries! Joy!
From Skeptical Believers
We will watch your ceremonies with care, and hope that you stay true to the doctrine.

From King Karov of Ostava
Excellent. All north of the early Ostavan town shall be granted to your lordship. (the two towns there, you get the northern one + some buffer south of it)

From Lundien
What is this fealty you speak of, and what would it require?

From Dumonos
You must find a new Emperor, then.

From Chief Bourgas of Kentus
Of course, your loyal followers find this acceptabe.

From Dumonos and Lundien
Great thanks! But they now have many allies on Brittania itself, and although forced we must ask for more aid against this grave threat.
From the Armorican Empire, King Cernyd the Conqueror
You will have our aid against the evil invaders. We will aid in driving them out of the lands of native Britannia.
From Westfrenks, King Clovis the Clever
We’re willing to broker a peace with you. We simply ask for the return of Tours under Frenkish leadership and the head of that traitor you’re harboring. We’re even willing to pay with reparations in the form of mercenaries.
Unacceptable. This is my idea; We keep Tours and the Castellan of Tours and Orleans lives. You stay in your own area and we leave you alone. You would also have to leave us alone. You would have free reign to take over the eastern Frenks. We warn you however, if you agree to this and breach the agreement, you will face all of Osismied. This agreement would last until our deaths.
We had to bail out because of the great distances, but hey, now that we have an actual supply line we can go murder those Alpine Frenks for you… at a price, of course.
How much would it cost to get you to attack the Eastern Frenks?

Welcome to the Non-Player Catalogue! This will be updated every once in a while so that lurkers can finally figure out what the heck they want to play!

Within the catalogue will be a brief overview of each region, then of each major NPC and goals it might have, and short tips for a new player.

Remember, I expect new players to be prudent at shifting the trajectory of nations. :)

NOTE: I try to make diplomacy and warfare equally important in options, but the choice is yours of which to take. There are states who rose solely from one or the other, and those who used a mix of both.

Keltia
“Where barbarianism thrives, civilization is planted”

Keltia has slowly but surely moved towards civilization. At first, the new civilizations were blood thirsty, and so were the barbarians. However, the injection of new ideas and thoughts due to the Vallarvalian migration has led to a growth of more stable, if still war-loving, states.The two main states I would recommend would be Ostava and Dumonos.

Kingdom of Ostava
The Kingdom of Ostava is defined by their religion, the Belief, an older version of the prolific Faith. Through this the Ostavans value loyalty, discipline, and strength of both mind and metal. Recently, through clever use of mercenary money, they managed to unite the western half of their disparate peoples. Now, they seek to consolidate their position by conquering the eastern half of Ostava, spreading the Belief, gaining more Frenkish Land and perhaps contacting the mysterious Faithful to the far east.
The Ostavan Player would have to deal with two more established powers: Beurtgang to the east and Osisimied to the west. They are currently working out a deal with the Buertgang Empire, whom they favor after it converted to the Belief. A new player would also need to manage the transition between war and peace as they strive to hold together the new states.

Kingdom of Dumonos
The Kingdom of Dumonos developed slighty behind, but parallel to its stronger neighbor, Osisimied. Their wealth comes from the trade of high-quality tin ores and good farmland. Seeking to maintain their druidic tradition and the independence of Keltic Brittania, Dumonos is rather racist towards outsiders who have the audacity to carry weapons instead of merchandise.
The Kingdom of Dumonos has to manage a scattering alliance system in eastern Brittania, especially its elsewhile ally Lundien, against the advancing forces of Buertgang Empire. They also have to manage relations with the Osismied and the crumbing Brittanic coalition.

The Western Seas
“Superpowers have to fall sometime. Go help them out.”

The Western Seas sees a mix of several regional powers (already players, unfortunately) and a chorus of local powers. The regional powers have united to kick out Vallarvale from Italy (AKA Valyria) and prospered in the uneasy peace that followed, as each surviving state carved out colonies in other regions of the Mediterranean.
I would recommend Leon, Provence, and Mediolaun, each solid with many choices for expansion.

Kingdom of Leon
Natives of Iberia, they once fought against intrusion by the Faith and by the Sardicans, but were soon enough tamed by money. This often shows everywhere from their unanimous embracement of the faith to their skillful use of middle-man merchants to trade with Faith-fearing states. Hoping to keep in good favor of the Sardican Empire, they wish to spread the faith and, perhaps, unite all of Iberia.
The Kingdom of Leon has to contend with growingly barbaric neighbors, hatred against the Faithful in other places, and the hegemony of their Sardican allies. Politically it is an puppet/ally of the Sardican Empire.

Kingdom of Provence
Taught by the Faithful Horde, the Provencials are the main independent and faithful state in the Western Seas. The Theocracy is strong here, and spreading the Faith is almost as, if not more, important than spreading their borders.
The Kingdom of Provence has to contend with the Frenks to the north, hatred against the Faithful from neighbors in Valyria, and the large armies said neighbors can raise. Politically it is so far neutral to all its neighbors who do not hate the Faith.

Kingdom of Mediolaun
Bastion of Cytria, Mediolaun (Milan) controls most of the Rtas valley after the Valyrians left and thus its agricultural wealth. They have some of the most disciplined armies outside of faithful states, and have very capable commanders. Now that they have spread their limits to that of Cytrian settlement, they will obviously look outward, and probably southward, for expansion.
Mediolaun will have to deal with the resurgence of the Faith, a religion it detests, and the growing importance of its fertile fields for the hungry mouths of the Western Seas. They have very good generals, and a player who doesn’t want to think too much on war can give simple instructions to them without too much worry; the more important part is how they will roleplay their way from the Cytrian Protection Agency to a colonial, or even imperial, power.

Eastern Seas
‘Players Wanted, Entrance Positions Available”

The Eastern Seas was hit with the blunt of the disorder the past few hundred years, suffering pirates, rebellion, migrating barbarians, apocalyptic wars and religious tensions. Or, in other words, the perfect place to build and establish an empire. There are many players from the Western Seas who loved to meddle here, and an Eastern Seas player would need to both attract such aid, while trying to seem independent and strong to the growingly stoic citizenry. Here, I would suggest Makedonia, Varna, or Sparta. However, there are many other choice states.

Makedonian Empire
The Empire of Makedonia spread slowly from its barbaric roots to the power today from a mixture of luck, skill, and pure barbarity. Taking advantage of the Fallen War, they have conquered much of the Byzantinon and Trojan homeland to the cheers of the liberated, for they are Exnotist, and the locals felt free from the Solarian Emperors formerly gracing Byzantinon. Now they have to try to hold together widespread possessions while it faces all the threats Byzantinon once faced, and more.
The Makedonian Empire has lots of power to start, but much would and probably should be spent on stitching it more securely together. Religious tensions still plague the state, as well as the transition from a barbaric horde to a civilized Empire. Politically, they are friends with a certain someone, and Varna. Religiously, they are allied with Sparta against the Zirilist Thloyrn.

Kingdom of Varna
Once a colony of first the Atyrian Confederacy and later the Atlanyin Empire, they have broke free and fought on the Byzantinon side of the Fallen War, fearing the hegemony of either Empire. Now a sizable Empire itself, it must repair the Wheat trade and plan on what to do with the remnants of the Empires which once dominated the Fallen Sea, and who to curry alliances with.
Varna is rather simple, as it is religiously hegemonic, its enemies are rather clear cut, and it doesn’t have previous commitments. Politically, it is at war with the Atyrian Remnants, dominates the fearful Odessans, and somewhat friendly with Makedonia or the Byzantinon Exile states depending on their mood.

Sparta
THIS! IS! SPARTA!
Allied with a certain patron in the Western Seas, Sparta fights Thloyrn on and off over the centuries, and seem to have just received the winning advantage. As Sparta, you would have to finish the war with Thloyrn to unify Greece one way or another, and then try to stay independent yourself from Makedonia, Katanic, or other Empires.

Nile
“Uniting or united, you must be skilled with the word and sword to survive.”

The Nile was at first sustained by the early Egyptian Empire, whose collapse devastated the region as barbarians and outsiders fought over the scraps. However, out of every collapse humanity builds anew and there are a constellation of states fighting for power, or to keep it. Here, I would suggest Damietta for the other side of the Egyptian Unification; Kartoros to finish the Kuhorsehockye unification, or one of the Adeni states. If you want to play a freshly unified state with plenty of clout, look to the Nubian Empire and help heal the wounds of the wars of unification there.

Damietta
Dominating the Delta and Upper Egypt is the state of Damietta. It has played its cards well, gathering resources, setting allies against each other, until it is the only power standing in the north, with a buffer of weaker states between itself and the rising Theben Upper Egypt. Would it try to unify Egypt before Thebes can, or will it ignore Egypt all together, maintain its independence, and look outward for profits?
Damietta has to balance warfare and diplomacy of the Egyptian Reunification with profitable ventures oversees. And I promise you, it is a hard choice. Basically all the states north of Thebes is its ally, although Anor is nursing a sore wound over a war to depose an overly bombastic king.

Kartoros
In the uplands of Kush, Katoros represents the more adventurous and mercantile spirit of the mountain-clinging men. Friends with Axum, which helped them develop, they have many resources available as soon as they finish unifying the land.
Kartoros is friendly to Axum and wants to crush Severi. This is one of the simpler states which will have loads of influence once unified.

Adeni States
Small city states specialized in something or another. Want to fight? Grab Eterika and fight some barbarians! Want to trade? Grab Aden and start establishing colonies! Very simple.

End Note: For India and Asia, all I can say is that all available countries are recommended, and that the politics is much simpler.

Also, I would like to remind all that I do not discourage customization and such, but I don’t want a sudden switch from “loves puppies” to “kill all puppies” in a flash- take it over 1-2 turns, get familiar, then get messy. Look at Byzantinos turns 9-10 to see what happens with a too-fast switch. When you get past the initial phrase, go crazy, but go crazy at a reasonable pace. It took 3 turns for Valyria to become a blood red omnicidal kill all horde, and that’s after 3 turns setting that up, too.

from THEBES
to Lybian tribes:
Once the Egyptians of the north attempted to eradicate your people. We felt their scorn as well. The cared for none but themselves and have gone to great lengths to weaken us all, those who surrounded them. I offer you today and alliance against the cities of Lower Egypt. Libya will be able to reunite its homelands and Thebes together with Upper Egypt will unite the Nile.
Together with this alliance I offer you a royal marriage of my son with an important Libyan princess. Yes my son has two wives already, the first from the line of Abydos and a second one from a southern Nubian tribes, but a third wife to the king of the Nile is a most honorable wife indeed!

to Demeitta:
Are you kidding? You of lower Egypt have been nothing but trouble for ages. Even when one of you dissed my allies in Abydos, you aid him in his dishonor. The Nile will soon be united under the Thebes-Abydos dynasty. I suggest you get on with it.

to Beni Hasan:
Pathetic morons. You are but sand in our way.

to Nubia:
War is brewing in northern Egypt. We request to honor our alliance and wish for a force to help us in our conquest.

to Petra tribes:
All is well as long as tribute and resources continue to flow.

Top Bottom