How To: Download and Install a Mod from the steam hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I don't see the point but I have installed some MODs.
OK : they are checked as installed. I select one of them as active (for example A song of Fire and Ice) but after that I don't know where to go to play with this MOD : When I come back to the MODS/SOLO menu, I don't have the possibilitie to select theses news civilizations.
When I go to the SCENARIO menu, I can only choose the Mongol one.

Did you met the same issue?

Thanks,

Maybe I don't see the point but I have installed some MODs.
OK : they are checked as installed. I select one of them as active (for example A song of Fire and Ice) but after that I don't know where to go to play with this MOD : When I come back to the MODS/SOLO menu, I don't have the possibilitie to select theses news civilizations.
When I go to the SCENARIO menu, I can only choose the Mongol one.

Did you met the same issue?

Thanks,

Either you went back too far or the mod was made before the .62 patch. Those of us that followed Kael's guide to learn modding put in a <Civilopedia> tag that was unused by Civ V. That patch removed the tag from the game, thereby breaking any mod that had this line of code in it.

To make sure that you are setting up correctly, after you activate your mod, you click back once where you should have 2 menu options: Browse mods and Set Up Game. Use that button to set up your game or else the game won't know that you want to use mods if you back right out to the main menu.

Alright, sorry for the bump, but since I don't think it's wise to start a new threat, and the last reply was on the 6th of Nov. I'll ask my question here

My Problem with downloading is that it never works properly, sure my computer ain't AS good as it should be for CIv 5 but it works ok and never has crashed (yet atleast). But I can't seem to download any mods, the two I want is the World War II Scenario and the Expanded Policies mods. Any help? When I click to download it seems "Connecting" then "Warning : Mouseover for Details"... and it never downloads.

I lost count but anyway my IN GAME MOD BROWSER disappears after about 20 seconds. I have asked about this in many different threads and forums and the only real answer that I get is something about my wireless router opens too many something or others and it crashes to protect you???? If anybody...uhm like maybe somebody who created this game knows anything about this your knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

I have downloaded manually and extracted ecv's - Rhyes Civ 4 map converted and adjusted map

i put the folder along with contents into C:\Users\ME\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS

and enter the game...

Nothing shows up :( maybe the folder is named wrong??

Some help please!

I got the same problem

I am using Civ V from Steam on a Mac. I cannot see the MODS menu selection item.

I tried to manually install a mod, but I still don't see any mods to select in any menu.

What am I doing wrong?

-Pete.

Quoting CFC's FAQ for Civ5 players with Mac computers:
4. Can I install mods in the Mac version?
You can download existing mods and install them manually, but you will need to make some changes to your version 1.0.0.621a Civ5 software, as it is not set up to allow mods to be installed. Full instructions for installing and running a typical mod are given here. You cannot currently use the in-game mod browser to find online mods.

/cast redemption thread

I've seen references to "load order" for mods. Are these comments directed at users of mods or developers of mods? If it is the former, how do I control the load order?

More dumb questions I'm sure, but I have a couple of mods I downloaed (Info Addict, and Resource info mods) - they're downloaded, installed, and when I started a game the same day that I installed the appropriate mods were working/visible in game.

Today I load Civ up, and no mod screens etc in game - either loading the save from that day, or starting a fresh game. Mods still show as installed etc...?

If you disable the firewall of your wireless router the problem disappears!!

I spent some time with the mod browser open and loading the list, with netstat. And the only thing I discovered is that Civilixation5_dx11.exe, is accessing IP 69.10.24.117 which is a IGN owned IP(Gamespy being owned by IGN), and it uses port 80 on the internet which should cause no one any issues as port 80 is just the http/web browsing port.

But on the internal LAN side it was using port 60260, which could be the issue for people using routers with firewalls, as this is not a common port to be open on a firewall.

I did these experiments at work on my Blackberry tethered, so I will repeat them at home with my home LAN as I use a router as well.

Hope this helps.

CS

Hi. I've downloaded several things, installed all of them, following all the instructions here. I went to try and find the files in my drive to install them manually but either couldn't find them or they weren't there. Any help? I'd really appreciate it.

I am having a problem with anything I download from the in-game mod browser -- I installed one mod, one scenario and one map. I have no problems following all the steps straight through to clicking the install button and enabling them in the game, but the only option that comes up is the pre-installed Rise of Mongols scenario. If that is not enabled, I don't have an option to set up a custom game.

I purchased Civ 5 just a few days ago, so to my knowledge the game itself is updated, and it is installed through the C drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am having an issue with this, especially for custom Civs. When I install them, they work fine, but the names dont. It comes like a folder path blah/blah/blah/blah/blah/blah/blah/blah/blah/blah kind of thing, I havent found a custom Civ that doesnt do that, Im guessing its me, what am I doing wrong?

One thing that I noted... when I downloaded and installed Dales TSL maps, I had to check the "Play Scenario" button after choosing the map. Then choose which Civ I wanted to play as. Otherwise, the map would load with random starting positions.

I've been trying to setup a game with Dale's map for a little while and although I have it installed and can be found in the mods folder as documented so well (thank you!) I don't see the TSL map in the list of maps to select. ?

I don't see the play scenario button either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom