HOW TO: Create a Civilization

This rocks, but what is the Civilization button?
I've tried finding out what it is, but I can't quite figure it out. :)

In case anyone should read this, I have a question. It might be a rather stupid question but here it is.
How do you get the button image inside the silver border? I already have the alpha channel figured out.

I have tried for two days to get my custom Beyond the Sword Civilization to work, I wanted to make a civilization named the Imperium of Man, their one leader would be protective and aggressive, with mysticism and agriculture, and Roman bonus unit/building. I would like to have American art, music and voices with Agustus' pictures for my leader named "The Emperor"... If someone could make this for me, I would be in great debt to you; I know I will never be able to make it. It would require no custom art and just some XML fiddling... However simple it seems, it is profoundly beyond my capacity as a programmer.

I have editted everything I believe I need to. After suffering demoralizing failures with my unique art, I just decided to go with Augustus' picture, so that eliminates a large portion from the equation. I type in my city names, one leader (The Emperor), and everything else I can think of, but to no avail. When I load my mod and go to the single player game, I cannot even see my empire as an option. No error messages, no nothing, just the regular game. I work on the XML files until I feel sick to my stomach, and it never even shows proof that I have done anything.

That could be because of the caching.
Hold down shift during loading, and check it again.

Explanation: After the first loading, Civ caches the files, to load faster later on. This will also result in, that it will not recognize changed files, because the old ones are temporary saved and loaded again.
You can disable the caching itself in My Documents\My Games\BtS\Civilization4.ini, open it (rightclick, open with wordpad/notepad), search for caching and disable it.

I appreciate your consolation, but I wonder: to which loading sequence are you referring?

I tried running it as an administrator, nothing changed. My modified files are as I left them, modified.

I have BeyondTheSword\Mods\TheImperiumOfMan\Assets\XML\Civilizations with a modified CIV4CivilizationInfos XML file and a modified CIV4LeaderHeadInfos XML file.

Now when I open them with Notepad instead of my XML Editor, there are no modifications present...

Top Bottom