Civ4 Beyond the Sword Patch v3.17 is out

I just thought of another unbalancing caused by No Espionage. While some leaders are strong wonder builders and some are strong warmongers, some leaders were programed to focus on espionage. What are those leaders to do now? While I'm sure they'll find *something* to do, those leaders with very high or intensive Espionage Levels are now weaker.

And what about warlike leaders in always peace game?

Some options are for a reason optional (since they are not optimal).

Paranoid leaders would be more like -X everything.

Oh you took the same religion as me? Are you spying on me?! -4.
You have wisely chosen your civics...How did you know that was my favorite...-2
:)

I was going to download the supplementary patch of 3.13 that allowed you to declare war in world builder then the same day 3.17 comes out so I downloaded that instead but I does not allow users to declare war via world builder. So I am guessing that there would be no war via world builder?

I can understand Stripping Airships of thier power over ships but giving Machine guns AA abilities? COMON!

Global Warming looks like it makes more sense but now I can't just avoid Nuklear power... Oh well maybe this will help people reason to stop chopping down forests.

Glad to see they fixed the Partisan Event. I'm so tired of feeling like I should keep the city just so my unit doesn't get pummeled by liberated slaves :crazyeye:

Hi, I'm downloading this but I have the digital version and the patch I downloaded from gamespy in-game didn't detect my civilization. Any ideas? Thanks.

GW does not turn grassland and plains in desert anymore.....

That's not what it says. It says that if the tile is forested/jungled, it removes those. Which is why I'm wondering if anyone has tested it yet.

This patch crash my game T_T.
Nothing happen after the loading page come (when it init phython and so on).
When the loading complete, nothing happen.

Just got timed out at Atomic Gamer site. After 1 1/2 hrs it had D/L'd 50% of the patch. It started at 98Kbs but slowly dwindled down to less than 20.

AtomicGamer makes you wait 6 minutes before it will start the D/L, actually it made me wait 11 minutes, unless you become a member. I Do Not want to be a memeber of AtomicGamer.

Please! Can't a better site be found?

This is beginning to make me feel like I'm dealing with microsoft and their hoopla.

JosEPh :(

Is there something wrong with the auto-update feature? Why don't you just use that? I just used it for the first time yesterday, and although it took 30-40 mins it worked without a hitch. It downloads as an ordinary executable file.

Auto-updater worked fine for me on XP. Had to manual install after dl on Vista. No Biggie, got both machines updated.

Okay, I'm not sure what is going on.

I had just started a PBEM on Saturday. I made a special mod for it. It worked fine on the old patch. Just a few UU, UB & leader trait changes. I only changed 3 xml files.

My friend and I decided to put in the new update and start over since we were less than 15 turns into our game. I made a brand new mod, coping over the new assets folder and deleting all but what was needed. I made the same exact changes but now I can't get the changes to come thru. Am I missing something?

I checked & all the changes I made in the old mod they show thru. I can't use that one can I? I don't want to get 200 turn into a PBEM and have the game crap out on me.

Okay, I'm not sure what is going on.

I had just started a PBEM on Saturday. I made a special mod for it. It worked fine on the old patch. Just a few UU, UB & leader trait changes. I only changed 3 xml files.

My friend and I decided to put in the new update and start over since we were less than 15 turns into our game. I made a brand new mod, coping over the new assets folder and deleting all but what was needed. I made the same exact changes but now I can't get the changes to come thru.

Am I missing something?

I'm having a similar problem with the Next War mod. I made a few small tweaks to some xml files and now I get endless errors when starting the game.

I didn't get errors making changes to the mod for 3.13. I changed the same things I did previously that have been untouched in the new patch. Just doesn't make sense... :confused:

I can understand Stripping Airships of thier power over ships but giving Machine guns AA abilities? COMON!

I am against giving anti-tank interception ability but machine guns make good sense. Its a very small percentage and they're already quite bad due to their crappy promotion tree.

I'm having a similar problem with the Next War mod. I made a few small tweaks to some xml files and now I get endless errors when starting the game.

I didn't get errors making changes to the mod for 3.13. I changed the same things I did previously that have been untouched in the new patch. Just doesn't make sense... :confused:
It depends on what kind of changes you made. If it was just XML ones, just repeat the changes in the updated files. Possibly clear the BTS cache as well: D&S/ADMIN/Local Settings/Application Data/My Games/"BTS"/cache

I had a save game that I was using Veritas Delicat on, just found out recently - have to have that mod loaded to load that game.

@DeaneJ : clear your cache, I've learned that is an important thing when customizing/changing the game. If that doesn't fix your issues. I'd start a thread in the Customization Boards.

Top Bottom