[vanilla] Ranged Combat

OMG, I have known there were funkinesses in the range 3 calculation, and sort of had a feeling for them, but had never encountered a case where a path that *should not* have worked *did* like that. Thanks for the thorough explanation!

Seems like now it's even buggier than before. :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• range1.jpg
    range1.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 2,951
  • range2.jpg
    range2.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 2,863
  • range3.jpg
    range3.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 3,640
Why is it that it don`t make sense. You can hit some targets because of facing, but not position? Am I understanding right?

Can`t believe any Devs can mess a mechanice like this and not fix it!

Why is it that it don`t make sense. You can hit some targets because of facing, but not position? Am I understanding right?

Can`t believe any Devs can mess a mechanice like this and not fix it!

With oligarchy and a unit garrisoned in a city, you can do way more damage in vanilla, right?

Hey guys, quick question, I'm wondering whether you could add it to the guide.

First of all, this guide is for Vanilla, not updated for the expansions. However, I think most still holds, except for the new 1-range units (Machine Guns etc) and maybe some lessons on how to use them.

The question is about Promotion Loss: In BNW, mounted ranged units that have been upgraded to mounted melee do benefit from barrage/accuracy promotions; I've witnessed it playing the Huns. Likewise, my trebuchets upgraded from battering rams with shock received a bonus bombarding into ocean (open). Is this a bug? I saw it in the combat summary (+15%), but someone else has pointed out the combat summary doesn't always show what happens.

My question is whether these bonuses retain on the defense as well as the offense. Someone needs to use the in-game editor to check. Intuitively, I would guess that shock/drill benefits both ranged and defense, because that's the tile where the combat is occurring, while barrage/accuracy benefit only attack, just like promoted archers don't get those defensive bonuses.

Top Bottom