Welcome to the Civ5 War Academy!

Camikaze

Administrator
Administrator
Civ5 War Academy

Welcome all to Civilization Fanatics' Center's Civilization 5 War Academy! This subforum is designed as a repository of strategy articles that members and guests can view to assist them in their Civ5 experience. We aim to provide comprehensive coverage of Civ5's gameplay features and mechanics, allowing for accessible strategic information for players of all levels.

Each article in the War Academy is presented as a thread, that you can feel free to comment on or ask questions in. If you're wanting to discuss a particular concept in detail, or ask more questions on Civ5 strategy, feel free to post in the parent forum, Civ5 - Strategy & Tips.

The War Academy is in continuing development, and we hope to progressively add more and more content. If you would like to write an article, please feel free to join the 'Civ5 War Academy Contributors Group' (select the appropriate option from the link). Once you are approved, you will be able to access the Civ5 War Academy Discussions subforum, which contains a list of the topics available to be written about and a template for writing articles. Once you've posted a draft and it's been edited with the help of the strategic minds of the forum, it'll be moved across to this subforum and become available to the public.

For ease of navigation of this subforum, please see the Article Index, which contains a compiled list of all the available articles.

Please feel free to use this thread to ask any general questions you may have about the War Academy. And most of all, we hope you find the content here informative and helpful! :)

good job guys. thanks for the effort. will have a good gander instead of doing some work.

cheers
pont

My slow afternoon just got a lot better. This is awesome, thank you!

Excellent. After about an 8 month break, I'm ready for a bit of Civ V and I know the game has changed a lot since the early days.

Thanks to all involved. I look forward to reading the guides.

I just want to thank everyone who worked on this project. As a new player this absolutely invaluable information. I cant praise it highly enough. Id love to see a couple articles on "standard" opener with a detailed explanation of the idea behind it, why you take certain steps, etc. This is touched on in many of the articles but I think an article or two dedicated to that would be fantastic. Again, thank you all for your hard work and giving up your game play time to help us all out. :)

Im not a Civ 5 expert but I am a very good editor and have the "newb" perspective to so I'd be willing to help edit, proofread, etc if that is something you are looking for.

Agreed. Kudos too on the excellent formatting and illustration. That makes these articles really fun to read.

This is awesome guys!! :goodjob:

Now let's see if I can win a non-Time-Victory for a change! :)

yeah, I have to agree!

Great work and thank you very much for that!

How about feedback/questions/ctiticism/proposals? Is it OK to post it into the threads?

Thanks. :)

How about feedback/questions/ctiticism/proposals? Is it OK to post it into the threads?

If you have questions about the article or general comments, feel free to post them in the article thread. If you'd like to discuss something in more depth, then it's better to create a thread in the Strategy & Tips forum. If you'd like to make proposals for changes, then you're very welcome to join the 'Contributors' group (linked in the OP here and in my signature). In the contributors forum, we have a thread dedicated to each of the articles where you can suggest a revision; once a consensus is reached, changes are applied.

Thanks to MadDjinn, Bibor, Vexing, Veneke and everyone else who has made a thread here. The standard of quality is impressive; lots of text but usually succinct, and lots of pictures to go along with it.

It would be nice if there was a sticky topic in the War Academy where us plebs could ask for articles from the masters of CiV. I for one would like to see an article which discusses the benefits/drawbacks of keeping/razing/puppeting a city when conquering.

Bonsoir,
I wrote a general post about the ZOC here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=444266
The forum reactions seem to be positive, so you may add it (after reviewing) to your War Academy, if you're interested in.

It would be best if you join the war academy contributors group, then repost the article (in War Academy format) in the discussion sub-forum. This will allow for collective editing and suggested changes followed by a proper management of the content.

I really like the War Academy!

I wonder if the powers that be could also track their updates. For example lets say that on 12/25/2011 someone celebrates Christmas by adding a Ghengis Khan article, there would be red lettering next to his name on the list of Civ Leaders saying:

Ghengis Khan added 12/25/2011

This way people who have read all of it can easily find the updates since they last read.

The same could be done for each older one.

For example lets say the same person celebrates New Year's Eve by listing his or her entirely new strategy for Darius, it would say:

Darius updated 12/31/2011

Top Bottom