Resource icon

[BNW] Religion: How Does the Religion System Work? (BNW)

Browd

Dilettante
Administrator
Last edited:
This is terrific!

Not to be ungrateful and greedy, but, for those of us who already read your GnK tutorials, might you consider an equally polished “what’s new and different” between GnK and BNW? Yes, the paint is barely dry on this one, and I am asking for more...

I found a minor exception to the rule below. In my current game, I keep generating faith by working on a religious mountain, even I missed the last chance to found pantheon normally, I am able to pick pantheon belief when I found religion.

Quote:
Also, you will no longer be allowed to found a pantheon if, when the first religion is enhanced, there is a sufficient number of pantheons in existence to found the maximum number of religions allowed in that game (i.e., if 5 religions can be founded and, at the time the first religion is enhanced, there are at least 4 other religions and pantheons in existence, then no other pantheons can be founded).

That's right. Sadly, not every detail can fit in a single article. The mechanic you describe is mentioned in the "How to Found and Enhance a Religion" article (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=521444):

"Assuming there is at least one religion that can still be founded, the Great Prophet from Hagia Sophia can found a religion (or enhance an existing religion). If you have not founded a pantheon, you will have the opportunity to select a pantheon belief, in addition to a founder belief and follower belief, at the time of founding."

The other way you could skip the pantheon and get straight into religion is by somehow obtaining a great prophet without purchasing with faith. However, captured prophets don't always get to found a religion if they were used to convert something by the previous civilian.

I now there are modern out there: please make a mod so that religious pressure is exerted by amount of citizens so that a city size 50 exerts x50 pressure over a city size one.

Thanks for a great guide browd!

please make a mod so that religious pressure is exerted by amount of citizens...
Wrong place to ask
Wrong way to ask
Religion moding requires a custom dll so while it's possible it's not easy, makes mod incompatible with Mac and Linux installations of the game, and incompatible with several big mods

Here's an on-topic point of trivial: Captured GPr with less than 4 spreads can be used to found, but not to enhance. Seems a little arbitrary!

Here's an on-topic point of trivial: Captured GPr with less than 4 spreads can be used to found, but not to enhance. Seems a little arbitrary!

Well I think the idea is you can't use one of your own Great Prophets to spread your religion and then found it... because you haven't founded that religion yet. (you can spread someone Else's religion and then found your own, but that doesn't appear to be an exploit)

On the other hand you could take your second Great Prophet and spread 3 times and then Enhance, if you didn't have this limitation. (that would be a definite exploit)

PS Underground Sect isn't bugged, it just requires that the religion either have pressure or a follower present.... and then the spy puts 30! additional pressure on the city.

I now there are modern out there: please make a mod so that religious pressure is exerted by amount of citizens so that a city size 50 exerts x50 pressure over a city size one.

Thanks for a great guide browd!

+1 This is a great idea. Hoping this can be included in the next versions... thanks!

Top Bottom