True Start Location Earth Maps

I've downloaded the worldbuilder. How can I delete the civilization-city states relations? (e.g. Seoul no longer "relates" to Siam)

I've downloaded the worldbuilder. How can I delete the civilization-city states relations? (e.g. Seoul no longer "relates" to Siam)

At the top of the worldbuilder screen you should see the scenario editor. Click that and on the right you should see drop down menus where you can set who is in contact with who.

Great map. Thank you. But...

This map crashes every time when starting as Washington (America). It does not happen with the other civs, but only when playing America. Any idea what is wrong?

This is the case with the huge map.

Thanks.

Anyone played as Japan on this map yet? Sorry if it's already been brought up. You get like 4 tiles to move units on until you're able to disembark. And then the only other land mass I can see is a city state, which means to make land I'd have to invade unless I go exploring. Is this all for a challenge or just to fit the whole map to a certain scale? Either way, I was having a devil of a time with Japan.

Anyone played as Japan on this map yet? Sorry if it's already been brought up. You get like 4 tiles to move units on until you're able to disembark. And then the only other land mass I can see is a city state, which means to make land I'd have to invade unless I go exploring. Is this all for a challenge or just to fit the whole map to a certain scale? Either way, I was having a devil of a time with Japan.

yes part of the reason I created Shiggs Earth. Sorry for the shameless promoting, but it fixes many of those issues.

I tried ottomans on huge. After founding Istanbul I met Bucharest (or Budapest :dunno:) who were standing in form of a settler on my borders... and stayed that way until I quit. :sad:

What I did with this Earth map is I edited it in Worldbuilder. And I made everyone start out with cities already created for them.

- I made Japan much larger.
- I gave the world a realistic amount/location of resources.
- I made the Middle-East larger, same with the mediterranean. Although I just can't get Italy to match my expectations..
- I have like 21 playable civilizations in my game. I added (from people's mods) Canada, Hebrews, Babylonia, and Spain.
- I also added and renamed several city states... Including many in South America so that continent isn't so empty (I am so waiting on an Inca or Portugues/Brazil mod).

Playing on Huge map. Got to 1970 AD as the French. Constant crash to desktop. Kept saving and reloading, but crashes around this time. Now can't even load the game.

I have a pretty nice computer, but may I shouldn't be playing on a huge map? or is it the map itself? Anyone have these crash issues?

"Anyone played as Japan on this map yet? Sorry if it's already been brought up. You get like 4 tiles to move units on until you're able to disembark. And then the only other land mass I can see is a city state, which means to make land I'd have to invade unless I go exploring. Is this all for a challenge or just to fit the whole map to a certain scale? Either way, I was having a devil of a time with Japan."

On the other hand, that sounds so amazingly historically accurate...

Japan have always had to invade Korea before expanding anywhere else, they invaded once in the ancient era and was beat off by the Koreans and the Chinese. Then they invaded Korea in the modern age, and proceed to take Manchuria, half of China, and most of the Pacific islands after that....

Haven´t played Japan, but Mt Fuji blocks of the northern part of Japan, yeah. It should be 1 tile to the west. When I finally discovered Japan with a Caravel, they only had 3 cities on Japan and were behind everyone else.

Another oddity I noticed: at some point there emerged a second Alexander/Greece, using the same symbol but with a different colour. They were actually bigger than original Greece.

any news on Babylon? i tried the TSL with Babylon added but it only came up as an invalid map...

nvm got the SDK i do it, i do it

What about the next debugged version ?

Because playing a standard Earth hould be nice...

Rhye's Earth converted is too big...

Posted an issue in another thread before I noticed this thread was here...

There seems to be a bug in Dale's TSL for the World Map scenario that links all nations to a city state. When you first meet each nation you get the initial popup (Hi, I'm Napolean - with France listed), then you get another identical popup with the same leader pictured but at the bottom it says "Barbarian City State". The problem this creates is that when you declare war on any nation you declare war on the city state as well which doesn't bode well for your relationship with ALL other city states (and since nations are linked with city states in this scenario, ALL other nations).

In my game as England I started a war with France (which said I also started a war with Helsinki). I attacked a French embarked archer on the first turn of the war. In between turns several leaders shunned me for attacking the city state Helsinki. I lost several treaties and basically am a world pariah now for attacking a city state.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=384536

Same problem for me. And I have a crash situation now I cannot get around with Catherine declaring war on the city-state she is linked to (in S America, oddly) that also makes her declare on herself. The game will not pass turn 161.

What I did with this Earth map is I edited it in Worldbuilder. And I made everyone start out with cities already created for them.

- I made Japan much larger.
- I gave the world a realistic amount/location of resources.
- I made the Middle-East larger, same with the mediterranean. Although I just can't get Italy to match my expectations..
- I have like 21 playable civilizations in my game. I added (from people's mods) Canada, Hebrews, Babylonia, and Spain.
- I also added and renamed several city states... Including many in South America so that continent isn't so empty (I am so waiting on an Inca or Portugues/Brazil mod).

Congratulations, now there's a Brazil mod.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=389573

I have been having the same City State contact problems that others have described

Has anyone been able to solve this problem? When I open up the scenario editor, no city state is listed as contacted any other civ.

Anybody could create a normal Earth with 18 civs and no city-states ?

Anybody could create a normal Earth with 18 civs and no city-states ?

anybody can create any map of any description
the SDK tools are on steam, just search civilization v sdk

Top Bottom