Final Civ List.

DVS

El Presidente
Updated again: Thanks Genghis Kai for the, almost certainly, final civ list.

We appreciate everyone's help a great deal, but please, no further suggestions for changes unless you are personally working on the map. ;)

The updated list (53 civs):

Nation (includes)

European Union (EU excluding UK)

United Kingdom (Jamaica, Belize, Bahamas, Trinidad)
Norway
Russia
Belarus

Ukraine
Turkey
Georgia

Morocco
Algeria
(Tunisia)
Egypt
Sudan
Ethiopia
West African States (Burkina Faso, Mali, Niger, Senegal, and Togo.)
Nigeria (Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone)
Central African States (Cameroon, São Tomé, Equatorial Guinea and Gabon)
Angola (DR Congo)
South Africa (Botswana and Namibia)
East African States (Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi)

Saudi Arabia
Israel
Palestine
Syria
Iran
Pakistan
Bangladesh
India

Kazakhstan
Mongolia
China
Taiwan
North Korea
South Korea
Japan

Myanmar
Thailand
Vietnam
Philippines
Indonesia
Australia
(Papul New Guinea and some pacific islands)
New Zealand (some pacific islands)

Canada
United States
(Iraq, Afghanistan)
Mexico
Colombia
Bolivarian Americas (Venezuela, Cuba, Bolivia, Nicaragua)
Peru
Brazil
Argentina
Chile

Neutral States (Switzerland, Turkmenistan and Costa Rica)

Minor States (Iceland, Croatia, Albania, Serbia, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Libya, Cape Verde, Mozambique, Madagascar, Seychelles, Lebanon, Jordon, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Yemen, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Laos, Cambodia, Guatemala, Haiti, Guyana, Suriname, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay)

Failed States (Mauritania, Guinea, Côte d'Ivoire, part of Mali, part of Niger, Central African Republic, Chad, part of DR Congo, Eritrea, Somalia, Darfur, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Uzbekistan, East Timor)

looks good here
may I make afew small suggestions:
NATO\UK should control:
-Gibraltar - important choke point for med and source of friction with spain\EU
-Falkands Islands - source of friction with Argentina
-Indian Ocean Territory (Diego Garcia) - important joint UK\US Air and Naval Base
See Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Indian_Ocean_Territory

-Accension Island - important air base
-British Virgin Islands
-Cayman Islands
-Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia - important Land, Sea and Air base

The EU should control
-French overseas territories
--French Guiana
--French Polynesia
--Guadeloupe
--Martinique
--Réunion
--Mayotte
--Saint Pierre and Miquelon
--Wallis and Futuna
--New Caledonia
-Spain
--Ceuta
--Melilla
--Peñón de Vélez de la Gomera
--Peñón de Alhucemas
--Islas Chafarinas
-Dutch
--Netherlands Antilles
--Aruba
-Denmark
--Greenland
--Faroe Islands

not all of thse island possesions need to be included, but some do. Also, Diego Garcia is a British possesion and base, not American, surely the two having open boarders would be fine and allow the US to use the island?

Yes, those are the additions. So if you like that list and we can do it, go for it.

I checked out a bunch of the other flags, they're good bro.

How detailed will the prep-game map be? Do you need to know the location of national Wonders? or will that be handled by the players spending points at game start?

NikNaks I hate to say this, but I think we should add two more.

Ukraine

and

Belarus

Priority to Ukraine certainly, Belarus could be minor nations, but if it doesn't hurt it would be a nice vassal for Russia to start with (now they have zero possibly?).

This would really make Eastern Europe more interesting. After thinking about it, it's hard to leave out a country as large, powerful, and independent as the Ukraine when we have less important countries. A bonus for us is that Ukraine already has a high quality leaderhead made (in CivGold).

If we've reached our limit we should consider bumping one out (really hate to say this after all the work you have done). But that's just my opinion, it's your call buddy.

Final revision idea from me I promise. :D

Can Use the 40 civ mod component, and you can fit more civs in. Just a heck alot more work.

EDIT: nvm looks like your way ahead of me lol

and i can see if i can convert bf2 and there mods files and get some modern warfare units for you guys

The newest additions are:

Belarus
Ukraine
Peru
Chile
Algeria
Angola
Sri Lanka
Ethiopia

Main Reasons:
Belarus- Russia needs to start with a puppet
Ukraine- Too powerful and independent to leave out
Sri Lanka- Same as Ukraine

South America and Africa are too big on GEM to leave out:
Peru (ideologically leaning right, towards Columbia/America)
Chile (ideologically leaning left, towards Venezuela)

Algeria
Angola
Ethiopia

I sure hope my computer doesn't explode from playing this! All of these countries are going to be a bit of a burden, even if it's realistic.

Well Bahmo, we'll give it a try. This is our ideal; looking closely at the GEM map, NikNaks and I agreed that these civs will make for the most accurate game. Leaving any of them out will either take away critical game situations, or make other civs/unions too large. All these civs will fit really nicely on the GEM.

Now, that being said, if we build this thing and it is unusable on most people's computers, we can always remove a few them. Alternatly we could build a second map with less civs for people who find the full one too slow. There is no harm in including them all in the mod, even if a few end up being left out of the final map. In the future we could have more than one map, situational/regional maps are bound to be built once this mod is complete.

We're all doing all this work, we may as well see how perfect we can make it.

and i can see if i can convert bf2 and there mods files and get some modern warfare units for you guys

That would be rad. Please do. :)

Regarding the civ limit, we have someone making the modifications that allow us to have 50.

Alphebetised list:
Spoiler :
African Union
Algeria
Angola
Argentina
Australia
Belarus
Brazil
Canada
Chile
China
Colombia
Egypt
Ethiopia
European Union
Failed States
Georgia
Independent African States
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Israel
Japan
Kazakhstan
Latin Americans
Mexico
Minor Nations
Myanmar
NATO
Neutral States
Nigeria
North Korea
Pakistan
Palestine
Peru
Philippines
Russia
Saudi Arabia
South Africa
South Korea
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Syria
Taiwan
Thailand
Ukraine
United States of America
Venezuela
Vietnam

Linking into DVS' post, possibly go with two games - one with the current list and another based around continents. The second one could also have countries like Russia, China, USA and Canada as separate Civs. Maybe split Europe into old eastern block and old American allies. But there would still be way fewer Civs and it would still be pretty accurate as to the world situation.

I'm sure we will come up with a variety of different maps after we get the mod working. :D

In addition to one with less civs (probably made on a smaller map), I would like to make some situational scenarios. So for example, an Israel/Palestine scenario, and Taiwan, Kashmir, etc etc. I suspect scenario building will become a real focus once the mod has actually been completed.

Once it's finished (v1.0 at least), the sky is the limit as far as what kind of scenarios people can make.

The 48 Civ, GEM scenario will simply be our masterpiece. :D

Alphebetised list:
Spoiler :
African Union
Algeria
Angola
Argentina
Australia
Belarus
Brazil
Canada
Chile
China
Colombia
Egypt
Ethiopia
European Union
Failed States
Georgia
Independent African States
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Israel
Japan
Kazakhstan
Latin Americans
Mexico
Minor Nations
Myanmar
NATO
Neutral States
Nigeria
North Korea
Pakistan
Palestine
Peru
Philippines
Russia
Saudi Arabia
South Africa
South Korea
Sri Lanka
Sudan
Syria
Taiwan
Thailand
Ukraine
United States of America
Venezuela
Vietnam

That's just under 50 civs. Now the GEM Modern Resources map I had in mind fits - as is - only 36 civs, so I just want to make sure if it's OK if I go ahead with that map (adding 12-14 civs manually to the WBS) or if someone has a better idea to fit all the civs.:confused:

BTW::newyear:

Top Bottom