R.E.D. WWII: Concepts & Suggestions

I uploaded a save to mediafire because it was too big to upload here on CFC. I retried playing Paris falling twice (So 3 times in total). The 2nd time I was able to continue on. The third time I had the same issue as the first time. The little bar thing saying please wait (Because units needed to be moved) but I couldn't move them.
Ok, I've tested it, but hadn't found what is causing the problem yet.

But now I can reproduce it, your save will help, thanks.

No it's no biggie really, but its still a bug so reported it :) ... other than that it's looking good, definately more difficult now! :D

Also some tiles in northern France are liberated to eh, Syria when the british troops landed... Will upload save if you want to take a look at it

Is there any sorts of scripts in place to make stuff happening in north africa after the fall of france, cos it does seem like a kinda dull place due to the CS in the area not really doing much?

I must however admit that I havent bothered with the region (as Germany) since Italy seems quite capable of handling the CSs and the brittish city.. :)

not yet (except consequence of fall of France), but it's planned.

Hmmmm ... Well done guys. I am impressed.

This might just be enough to get me to re-install Civ 5.

Forgot to mention it but I think you should really remove the rivers around copenhagen, its 1942 in my game and germany still haven't captured the city... and they keep sending tanks into suicide attacks, if they attack the city at all. Most of the time they just have their tanks parked doing nothing but taking damage from danish destroyers...

Forgot to mention it but I think you should really remove the rivers around copenhagen, its 1942 in my game and germany still haven't captured the city... and they keep sending tanks into suicide attacks, if they attack the city at all. Most of the time they just have their tanks parked doing nothing but taking damage from danish destroyers...
yes, that will be fixed in v.11

Can you try to launch a new game with the mod, goes in a city, try to click on production, and post the resulting lua log here ? (see first post for how to get the lua log)

632.521] ProductionPopup: AdvisorControl could not be found
[827.023] Runtime Error: [string "Assets\UI\InGame\InfoTooltipInclude.lua"]:181: attempt to call method 'GetPolicyBuildingClassYieldModifier' (a nil value)

632.521] ProductionPopup: AdvisorControl could not be found
[827.023] Runtime Error: [string "Assets\UI\InGame\InfoTooltipInclude.lua"]:181: attempt to call method 'GetPolicyBuildingClassYieldModifier' (a nil value)

If you're using an updated version of civilization, it's maybe an incompatibility with another installed (but not activated) mod.

Can you do a search in your mods folder (and subfolders) for "InfoTooltipInclude.lua" and report if there are other mods using it ?

Hello there, i got issues with downloading RED Data Files v2. Is there possibility to upload Data Files on mirror?

BTW Thanks for earlier post reply

If you're using an updated version of civilization, it's maybe an incompatibility with another installed (but not activated) mod.

Can you do a search in your mods folder (and subfolders) for "InfoTooltipInclude.lua" and report if there are other mods using it ?

i only have nights and i couldnt find it anywhere, the only one i found was in red wwII

Damn, at 17xx files Civ gets CTD, with windows error reporting screen... Is this only me or is this Steam?

Gedemon you mentioned a couple of times a development forum for this scenario/mod.

Can you provide a link please?
I would like to help where I can.

Also the Italian P26/40 was not available until late 42, so a project in late 41 or early 42 would be good.

Also the Matilda I and II should be heavy tanks. Matilda I available at start but CV should be more like 50 and Matilda II would be like 60.

Hi Gedemon,

I saw this thread the other day and it convinced me to download and try it out for Civ5. I have not played Civ5 since it was released last year but your scenario has rekindled my interest in the game. You have done a wonderful job recreating the war in Europe from 1939-1945. Below is my feedback:

Installation

I downloaded the two files necessary as outlined in your instruction in post 1 of this thread. After following your instructions carefully step by step I successfully was able to activate and start a new game with no issues.

Gameplay

Started a new game as Germany on Prince level. Load times are no different than a standard game with a Huge map. Wait time between turns is also not more than a typical standard game would be. Great job!

I noticed that when you try to load a save game you must go to Mods/Single Player/Load Game not Single Player/Load Game from the main screen. If you do not go to Mods first you will get a crash to desktop. This makes sense if you think about it so make sure you load your save games from the Mods/Single Player menu.

I'm really loving your production and scripting events! If your nation is not producing adequate materials and population you cannot send reinforcements to your damaged units. This is very realistic and I'm finding that some of my battle damaged units don't get re-outfitted due to production shortages. Unit production itself is expensive so this forces the player to take good care of his existing units. This is brilliant!

Cities in my opinion are not very difficult to take but not very easy either. One must use artillery and or aircraft to bombard the city first before sending in the ground units. I'm finding that on average it takes me about 3 or 4 turns to take a city with defense not greater than 30. The ai is quite good in defending it's besieged cities. The computer also does a good job invading territory as well. The French ai tried several times to surround and cut off Cologne but I was able to control the situation once I took care of Poland.

An observation I made regarding the air war. The ai is quite active in intercepting my bombers and it's a joy to meet so much resistance. My fighter sweeps are also getting intercepted properly. The ai however, does not perform airstrikes that often. This may be because Poland and France have limited bomber assets?

Naval warfare seems to be working fine. I have not sent my main fleet out yet to challenge the British and French navies but my submarines are performing hit and run tactics against their destroyers. It's still too early in my game to comment more on the navy war. (I'm on turn 12 currently)

Conclusions

All in all this a a well thought out scenario and your attention to detail is outstanding. You have really created a nice atmosphere with the leader images and other Civilopedia entries. I think that your combat statistics for each unit is great and warfare works much better than in the standard game in my opinion. I will post more as I spend some more time with this scenario but so far you have re-awakened my interest in Civ5!!

Top Bottom