Can't make AI declare war on human player

Dedasen

Chieftain
Yesterday me and some friends played a game that I was hosting. After a while war was declared between us and my friend dragged in an AI against me. I tried to do the same with other AI:s against him but the button was grey declaring that "These players are already at war" when they most definitely wasn't and never had been.

Some turns later I forced the AI who was bribed by made friend make peace with by capturing some of his cities. He had no grudges against me and I became his friend close friend. I tried to convince him to go to war against my friend but the same text appeared as before "These players are already at war". Some 15 turns later my friend bribed him to my great frustration to war against me.

Is this a bug or what? Why couldn't I get any AI, I tried with the 5 others, to go to war against him, couldn't even click the button?

Alright, I get it, nobody has experienced this. However, the bribe AI to war mechanic still confuses me. Somebody care to explain it, please?

afaik, another reason for having the button grey is that the AI is too friendly towards the civilization you would ask him to go at war against.

Top Bottom