[Religion and Revolution]: Mod Development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, while waiting for Schmiddie to upload the updated files to Infracta, I have set the iDefaultNativePlayers to30, but I still don't get the church showing up on a Gigantic map.
Anyone know of any other edits to get the church to work on gigantic maps? For me a gigantic map makes the game way more challenging and fun than playing on dinky sized maps. ;)

If you set both these values back to the values of Release 2.1, Church should be available in game again:

<iDefaultPlayers>39</iDefaultPlayers> ---> back to 38
<iDefaultNativePlayers>31</iDefaultNativePlayers ---> back to 30

Otherwise we are still waiting for our contact at infracta to upload the corrected version of Release 2.2 ...
(Which will allow playing MapSize Gigantic with all available players.)

..we are still waiting for our contact at infracta to upload the corrected version of Release 2.2 ...
(Which will allow playing MapSize Gigantic with all available players.)

I am able to host the file on my servers, just send me the link for files and I forward a link to be made available for you in the stickied post.
I can have it done today.

It seems to take a long time for the infracta guys to get this done for some reason.
(It still says last update of files was made on september the 22. , so I guess it still has not been updated yet)

I am literally salivating over this mod and Schmiddie is like my hero :p

If it was possible to add Trade and Taxes mod (as option for those who don't want it in the selection screen?) and Agnata's fancy native/skills update I believe the game would be even better.

I can't wait to play Gigantic :p

No, it hasn't. The guy of infracta is still very busy and I assume therefore not able to do the upload again.

Like I said, I have a server that can host the files, I am a premium customer due to my job and have unlimited bandwith - guess it would not be so bad to have two download links anyways.

Just PM me..
(I have lost the link to the SVN due to upgrades on computer...)

Once Schmiddie has verified the Download by a short test, I will put the link on all of our download posts.

Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Just downloaded version 2.2.
I noticed it causes crash for the Americas maps I created earlier.

It seemed that it comes from the fact the 48th team wasn't added. I have corrected that in the zip file below.

EDIT: Alright, as I had a bit of time, I've also added the Nez Percé at their correct locations and Coca in the Andes on the Gigantic map. I've reuploaded the corrected version. :)

EDIT2: WRONG AGAIN. Church and wild animals disappeared (see below for the good version, sorry)

It seemed that it comes from the fact the 48th team wasn't added.

Correct. :thumbsup:

That is the major problem of scenario maps with fixed players.
Once you increase the number of max players, scenario maps will usually need to be recreated.

That is the reason, why scenario maps should be created when the number of max players of a mod is fixed.
(At that time you created your maps I thought it was.)

Random maps can easily be adjusted by simply adding another entry in the file.
(Which I had done, when I corrected the DLL.)

I have corrected that in the zip file below.

EDIT: Alright, as I had a bit of time, I've also added the Nez Percé at their correct locations and Coca in the Andes on the Gigantic map. I've reuploaded the corrected version. :)

Great. :goodjob:

Argh!!
I'm really sorry for that, but in adding the Nez Perce and Coca to the Americas gigantic map, I actually saved it through the Worldbuilder which as a consequence made disappear the Church and Wild animals. :(

I'm uploading the file again.
This time it's really all good: Coca, Nez Perce, Church and Wild animals all work properly on the gigantic map. :)

Attachments

• RAR Americas with church.zip
    184.8 KB · Views: 71
As I've done some work towards adding religions to Medieval:Conquest, I started to wonder if actual religions will ever be added to RaR? I think you have said that development for RaR is done, which is kind of sad... couldn't you just say that it's paused? :)

@Marla Singer
I haven't played civ3 for about 10 years but I think that it was your (wasn't it?) world map that I played the most. My late thanks for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom