[Religion and Revolution]: Adding Another European Nation

Great ! This would actually fit more Jens Munk if I'm correct.
About Hans Egede, we should probably find a new trait (another one) or give him the enterprising trait, since he did some missioning (among Inuits).
What do you think ?

If you have a good idea, for a new trait, go ahead. :)
Enterprising we could give him, too.
(We need 2 Leadertraits, each.)

Hi guys,

I've done a little digging around on Jens Munk and Hans Egede. I should have their bio's done by the end of the month.

After reading about them I have tried to genralize what their major traits would be, and included bonuses from other mods that are assigned to such traits.

Jens Munk

Exploration
Munk traveled to several countries in Europe, went to both North & South America, and even the Artic circle. (Modular united mods assigns this trait +25% gold at first european contact with native villages.)

Aggressive
Munk seemed to be very combative by nature, and did serve in Danish military campaigns, although he was not particularly militeristic.

Personally I do like the seafaring trait and think it would be a better fit for Munk than the aggresion, but I understand we want to have two different types of leader for each civ.

Hans Egede

Tolerance
Establishing new colonies and introducing a new religion to a people who had no concept of Christianity. You have to be tolerant to pull that off. :)(Modular united mods assigns this trait -25% crosses needed for immigration.)

Cooperation
Managed to peacefully exist with the Inuit and not supress them by force. (Modular united mods assigns this trait with natives being more tolerant towards territory encroachment and -50% time spent in native villages learning a new skill.)

Industrious/enterprising
See above.

I've done a little digging around on Jens Munk and Hans Egede. I should have their bio's done by the end of the month.

Great. :goodjob:
Once I get all the data needed, I will set up Danish Colonies. :)

Hi guys,

1. In TAC every European Nation got its nation specific list of ship names.

We should have that for Danish Colonies, too.
(We don't need it for "Denmark Europe".)

2. We also need a list of generals for the Danish King.

@colonialfan:
Could you create such lists ?

The game Europa Universalis III from Paradox Games has ship names for Denmark. Here they are:

Achilles "Arche Noa" Arken Beskjermer "Byens Løffue" Caritas "Charlotte Amalie"
Christiania Christiansand Christiansø "Christianus IV" "Christianus V" Churprindsen
Concordia Cæsar Dannebroge David Delmenhorst Ditmarsken Draken "Dronning Louisa"
Ebenetzer Elefanten Enighed "Engelske Fortuna" Enhiørningen Fides Flores
"Flygende Hjorten" Fortuna "Fredericus III" "Fredericus IV" Fyen Gravenstein Griffe
Gyldenløve Hannibal Havfru Havhest Havmand Hector Hercules "Hertug Olufs Pincke"
Hiælperen Hjort Høyenhald Hummer "Hvide Ørn" Højenhald Island Jernvågen Jægermester
Justitia "Kongens Jagt Krone" "Kronet Fisk" Lamprenen Leopard Lindorm Loss Lovisa
"Løvendals Gallej" Makaløs Mars Merkurius Morian Najaden Nelleblad Neptunus
"Norske Løve" Oldenborg Papegoye Patienta Pelican Phønix "Prinds Carl"
"Prinds Christian" "Prinds Christian" "Prinds Wilhelm" Raae Samson Solen
"Sophia Amalia" "Sophia Hedvig" "St. Erik" "St. Georg" "St. Oluf" Stormar Stralsund
Svaerdfisk Svan "Svenske Jomfru" Søridder Tomler "To Løver" "Tre Løver" Trefoldighed
Victoria Vindhunden Wenden Ørnen

It also has military leader names:

Adeler Ahlefeldt Akeleye Arenstorff
Bille Bielke Brahe Brockenhuus
Christiansen
Daa
Ebbesen Eberstein Ellbrecht
Falkenskjold Fischer
Galt Gersdorff Gjedde Gyldenløve Gyldenstjerne Gøye
Harboe Hardenberg Holstein Huitfeldt Høegh
Jensen Juel
Krabbe Krag Krumpen Knudtzon Kvistgaard Kaas
Lillienskjold Lingby Lunge Lützow Løvenørn
Moltke Moth Munk
Norby
Pedersen Povlsen Pallesen Pil
Rantzau Reventlow Rosenkrantz Rosenørn
Schlentz Schack Scholten Sehested Skram
Thomsen "von Trampe" Trolle
Ulfeldt

Hi guys,

New European Nation Denmark is implemented and uploaded to SVN. :)
(Fully playable, but needs some finetuning.)

A few things:

1. There were massive amounts of changes involved.

So please somebody test, to make sure, that I did not forget to commit anything.

2. UnitArtStyles still need to be done.

@KJ:

I have prepared everything, so you don't need to take care of XML anymore in
\Assets\Art\units\denmark

Could you please finish up the UnitArtStyles, when you have some time. :thumbsup:

3. Traits still need to be done.

Danish Leaders currenlty still use Traits of the Leaders I used as base for the balancing.
I will try to take care of the Traits this weekend. :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

I've checked it and it works!
However, when you zoom on a danish city, with Hans Egede leader, I don't hear own music. There may be something missing here...With Jens Munk everything is OK

Moreover Hans Egede's icon in Military and Diplomacy advisor screens isn't nice at all (very low quality). Can't we improve this?

Edit:
Could we fix a few things in CvGameTextMgr.cpp Androrc?
Spoiler :
Code:
bool bFirst = true;
		bool bFirstCivilizationTrait = true;
		bool bFirstLeaderTrait = true;
		for (iI = 0; iI < GC.getNumTraitInfos(); ++iI)
		{
			if (eCivilization != NO_CIVILIZATION && GC.getCivilizationInfo(eCivilization).hasTrait(iI))
			{
				if (bFirstCivilizationTrait)
				{
					[B]szHelpString.append(NEWLINE);[/B]
					szTempBuffer.Format( SETCOLR L"%s" ENDCOLR , TEXT_COLOR("COLOR_HIGHLIGHT_TEXT"), gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_CIVILIZATION_TRAITS").c_str());
					szHelpString.append(szTempBuffer);
					bFirstCivilizationTrait = false;
				}
				if (!bFirst)
				{
					if (bDawnOfMan)
					{
						szHelpString.append(L", ");
					}
				}
				else
				{
					bFirst = false;
				}

parseTraits(szHelpString, ((TraitTypes)iI), eCivilization, bDawnOfMan);
			}
		}
		for (iI = 0; iI < GC.getNumTraitInfos(); ++iI)
		{
			if (GC.getLeaderHeadInfo(eLeader).hasTrait(iI))
			{
				if (bFirstLeaderTrait)
				{
					if (!bFirstCivilizationTrait)
					{
						szHelpString.append(NEWLINE);
					}
					[B]szHelpString.append(NEWLINE);[/B]
					szTempBuffer.Format( SETCOLR L"%s" ENDCOLR , TEXT_COLOR("COLOR_HIGHLIGHT_TEXT"), gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_LEADER_TRAITS").c_str());
					szHelpString.append(szTempBuffer);
					bFirstLeaderTrait = false;
				}
				if (!bFirst)
				{
					if (bDawnOfMan)
					{
						szHelpString.append(L", ");
					}
				}
				else
				{
					bFirst = false;
				}

parseTraits(szHelpString, ((TraitTypes)iI), eCivilization, bDawnOfMan);
			}
		}
Could we remove "szHelpString.append(NEWLINE)" ? It doesn't appear quite well in Dawn of Man and Victory Screen...
Could we add a space after "Leader Traits" text too?
And finally could we remove the Color part (Highlighted text) and add it in the xml files, it would be easier to edit it then...

However, when you zoom on a danish city, with Hans Egede leader, I don't hear own music. There may be something missing here...With Jens Munk everything is OK

I will check that. :thumbsup:

Moreover Hans Egede's icon in Military and Diplomacy advisor screens isn't nice at all (very low quality). Can't we improve this?

Maybe KJ can do this, when he got some more time. :)
(I am really bad at graphics.)

Well, actually I can do it if Androrc agrees... But maybe Androrc wants to do it...
I don't mind! Maybe there's something I'm missing about why we should add a line...

I suggest you simply do your changes and post a screenshot. :)
If we like it, you can upload it to SVN.

Top Bottom