[Religion and Revolution]: Events

Argh I messed up my XML file and had to repair it :rolleyes: But its fixed now, I've implemented Schmiddies Hudson Bay Company event request. Also added a feature where if you accept a Requisition quest but take a very long time to produce the goods, the King will start to get impatient and you can choose to pay a small fine or get -1 to relations. (You can always choose to decline the quest first if you don't want to do it.)

I've implemented Schmiddies Hudson Bay Company event request. Also added a feature where if you accept a Requisition quest but take a very long time to produce the goods, the King will start to get impatient and you can choose to pay a small fine or get -1 to relations. (You can always choose to decline the quest first if you don't want to do it.)

Great. :goodjob:
The more, the better. :)

I added an Event that can happen if you have a lot of Horses in a colony. A band of horse thieves might steal them;
* you can get them back but the thieves burn down your Pasture during the fight
* or give them the horses and a pardon, get a useful Petty Criminal :mischief:

I added an Event that can happen if you have a lot of Horses in a colony. A band of horse thieves might steal them;
* you can get them back but the thieves burn down your Pasture during the fight
* or give them the horses and a pardon, get a useful Petty Criminal :mischief:

Nice. :)

@Orlanth:

I have a suggestion for another event. :)

Natives stealing Cattle

After a very hard winter some Natives from an nearby village try to steal cattle from one of your cities to feed their starving people.
But they get caugth.

Options:

1. Show mercy and give them the cattle.

--> +2 increase in relations and a Native Convert.

2. Give them the cattle but demand to be repaid in a few years when they do better.

--> A few rounds later you get Hides, Fur and Food.
(Enough to make this a good business.)

3. Refuse to give them the cattle.

--> -1 decrease of relations.

@Orlanth:

Natives stealing Cattle

After a very hard winter some Natives from an nearby village try to steal cattle from one of your cities to feed their starving people.
But they get caugth.

Options:

1. Show mercy and give them the cattle.

--> +2 increase in relations and a Native Convert.

2. Give them the cattle but demand to be repaid in a few years when they do better.

--> A few rounds later you get Hides, Fur and Food.
(Enough to make this a good business.)

3. Refuse to give them the cattle.

--> -1 decrease of relations.

Sounds good. I have a suggestion, not sure if it would be possible, but how about adding the option of demanding land in exchange for giving the indians cattle?

Just a thought.:)

Originally Posted by raystuttgart View Post
@Orlanth:

Natives stealing Cattle
That sounds like a good one, I will try making that. Maybe the last option could instead be to imprison them and take a Native Slave, if that unit will be in soon.

Sounds good. I have a suggestion, not sure if it would be possible, but how about adding the option of demanding land in exchange for giving the indians cattle?

Just a thought.
Hmm, Im not sure but maybe I'll see if I can make it add culture points to the city, which could push its border outward.:king:

That sounds like a good one, I will try making that. Maybe the last option could instead be to imprison them and take a Native Slave, if that unit will be in soon.

Very nice idea. :thumbsup:

@Schmiddie:
Do you have some time to create graphics for such a Native Slave ?

Yes, I will.

Great. :)

I would also try to fully implement "Native Slaves" for Release 1.
(After I have finished my other tasks.)

A) Native Slaves from destroying Native Villages (instead of Converts)
B) DLL-Diplo-Event where Natives at War with other Natives sell Native Slaves

Ray, I have uploaded the graphic into transfer/new unit graphics/native slave

Great. :goodjob:

I will implement the Unit itself for my next Update on the weekend.
(I will not do the features yet.)

Thus orlanth could use it for the event.

@orlanth:

I get a Python Exception with one of your events.
Could you please check that ? :thumbsup:
(Maybe it is triggered for an inapropriate Civ like Natives.)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 85
@orlanth:

I ran into another Python Exception.
Could you please check that, too. :thumbsup:

I never moved my ship and was just klicking through the rounds.
(Maybe this info helps. :dunno:)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 59
Ok, I will try to look at these.

edit: my thought is that maybe if these were trying to trigger for a native player, it would print an exception when it tried to look up the King and found no King for that player.

Hm, if some of these events trigger for natives then several would often cause this :confused: Maybe we should add a eventtriggerinfos xml tag <isNative>0 that can exclude natives from an event , otherwise every one of those events would need to use a python check which could slow down game turns.

on the other hand, I think that python exceptions generally won't cause a crash and would instead cause the event to not actually execute; so they would only be noticed by players with python exception reporting turned on. It would still be best not to trigger them though.

Hm, if some of these events trigger for natives it would cause problems :confused:

Events can trigger for every player.

If an event would cause problems when being triggered for Natives, this must be checked and prohibited. :thumbsup:
(For example when trying to get the parent.)

This may not be the place to correct the English texts, but it will give you an idea of what kind of help I can be. :p

Below is Ray's event suggestions. My corrections are italicized.

Some more suggestions for events :)

1. Careless young citizen

Condition:
>50 Horses in city
(Event is unique.)

A careless young citizen accidentally left the doors open to the stable.
Thus many horses ran away into the wild.

Options:
A) Pay some experienced ranchers to catch them again. (-100 Gold)
B) Let the young citizen work until he has repaid the damage. (-50 Horses, +1 Indentured Servant)

2. Deserter from another European Nation caught

Condition:
4 cities and contact to another nation exists.

A deserter from Nation X has been caught while trying to steal some food from one of our farms.

Options:
A) Give this poor (pure means without sin, which doesn't make sense if he is a criminal) man something to eat and a chance to prove himself in our society. (+1 Criminal, -2 relationship to other nation)
B) We must return this criminal to his mother country. (+1 relationship to other nation)

3. Protectionism

Condition:
Market exists in a city.
(Event is unique.)

The traders in your cities are asking you to close foreign goods out of our market, to ensure domestic profits.
They are willing to pay for this favor.

A) Yes of course, we must think about our economy. (-2 relationship to every European player. +100 gold for each city the player has.)
B) No, we cannot do this, good relationships with our neighbors are too important.

4. Diplomatic Conference

Condition:
At least 4 other Europeans met. Peace with all of them.
(Event is unique.)

Mylord, there are strong tensions between the European colonies.
Maybe we could act as mediators by having a diplomatic conference in our capitol.
If we do not act, these tensions will probably increase.

A) Tensions, between the other European Nations, that is perfect ! (relations between all European nations -1)
B) We should try to do everything possible for peace. (-100 gold, relations between all European nations +1, relations of all European nations to player additional +1)

5. Famine in the Mother Country

Condition:
Random.
(Event is unique.)

After a very harsh winter the recent harvest in our mother country was extremely bad.
Thus there is a famine in our mother country.

A) That is very sad, but we cannot do anything about that.
B) Donate food to our mother country. (-50% food in each city, +4 relationship to king.)
C) Sell all food, that we can currently spare. (-50% food in each city, 10 gold for each unit food sold.)

6. Social Unrest

Condition:
City > 10 citizens and >50 Food in Storage

Social imbalance has caused several citizens to storm the storages and try to steal some Luxury Goods.

A) Let them blow off some steam, things will return back to normal soon. (-50 Food)
B) We cannot allow this to happen. (Social Unrest)

7. Disease spreading at Natives

Condition:
Having contact to a Native Nation and being at peace with them.
City with food > 50.

It seems as if some of the natives who recently visited our colony, accidentally got infected with a flu, and now it is spreading in their village.

A) That is very bad, we will be more careful next time. (-1 relation to Native Civ)
B) We should help our neighbors. (-50 food from city, +1 relation to Native Civ)[/QUOTE]

I uploaded an update with the Cattle Thieves event made using the new Native Slave, also updated the eventtrigger python checks; if I am right these should only be able to trigger for colonial players who have a King and aren't in revolution.

I uploaded an update with the Cattle Thieves event made using the new Native Slave, also updated the eventtrigger python checks; if I am right these should only be able to trigger for colonial players who have a King and aren't in revolution.

Great. :thumbsup:

Edit:

About the "Not-In-Revolution"-Check:
This is only necessary, if the story does not fit for a Player in Revolution.
(e.g. if the story involves interaction with the King.)

Top Bottom