No Lobbies!

Robowhitty

Chieftain
I was looking for an open game to play in multiplayer and notice there are not any lobbies not join!

Does anybody play civ 5 online? it was like 8pm London time and there's nobody on!

Has this ever happened to you? is it normal for civ 5 multiplayer to be so unpopular?

What do you guys think! :cool:

Well 2 options to solve this:

1) You can change your server through steam which will show you games from whatever region you choose. To do this civ must be closed. At top left on your profile page click steam/settings/downloads then change your download region. You will have to resteam for changes to take effect.

2) Join one of the mp steam groups where games are formed privately via a steam chatroom with players from all over the world. One such group is No Quitters.

Here is a link to the steam page: http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791431636523

There are always games up when I look even at 2am. BNW has brought a lot more ppl into the game. The problem is that the community is fractured between vanilla, G&K and BNW. When you host a game of BNW you get a lot of ppl with only vanilla or G&K who try to join your game. I still haven't figured out the mystery of why those ppl can't read the game title or DLC required.

Even if you change your download region, steam is still very stubborn about filtering your games list to those games close you you in latency.

The only solution is as Carls says, you have to join a steam chat were you can hook up with other international players. Links to the Civplayers Chat are in my sig, hit me up and I can explain the mechanics of how to do this.

CS

Top Bottom