Featurette 1 Analysis and Discussion thread.

Is Germany, the Huns, and Spain (sometimes England, as well) being included in the video merely nothing special or is it an implication they could be getting updated like France in the previous videos? I can see Germany getting some kind of Great Artist bonus, or cultural UA overhaul, instead of capturing barbarians.

I'm leaning towards the former, but I can see Germany getting that cultural UA update.

I've thought about that as well, but I wonder how they'd update The Huns, being a Gods & Kings' civilization - and why they'd update them in particular.

I could see Germany's UA changing, also taking in consideration The Zulu's UA being so similar to them - but I don't see why anyone else would...

EDIT: Maybe The Zulus have lower maintenance on Melee Unit, and The Huns have lower maintenance on Mounted Units - effectively splitting Germany's UA into several parts... Who could have lower maintenance on Archery Units though? England? And what about Siege Units? The Ottomans already have lower maintenance on Naval Units, so they're out, and I don't see Spain getting that... Maybe The Ottoman's UA goes to Morocco, and they get lower maintenance on Siege Units? :crazyeye: This would be too many changes, I sincerely doubt this! :lol:

Because of the Zulu thing, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Germany's UA changed. (With the expanded diplomacy, I could see them getting some kind of Realpolitik UA, though what that would consist of, I don't know.) But I see no reason to think those civs were put into the video specifically to hint about changes. They had to put some civs in; I doubt it matters which ones they used.

Though if Germany's UA is overhauled, I was thinking their barbarian-recruiting thing could go to the Huns. After all, one of the strengths of Attila's empire was the way he absorbed other barbarian tribes and turned them against his enemies. On the other hand, the Hunnic UA is too busy as it is; it doesn't really need anything else added to it. On the other other hand, they could always drop that stupid "stealing city names" thing and get a proper city list. . . .

Well, with that +1 move on ships they might be automatically getting an extra delegate as the first to discover all the other civs.

Well, with that +1 move on ships they might be automatically getting an extra delegate as the first to discover all the other civs.

No, I mean a England's style ability, they had an additional spy no matter what, smae thing could be applied delegates. They get a bonus delegate no matter what.

No, I mean a England's style ability, they had an additional spy no matter what, smae thing could be applied delegates. They get a bonus delegate no matter what.

That would be cool. I had started to think they could get an extra diplomat, but of course that doesn't work because a diplomat is just a spy, which would make less sense for Realpolitik. An extra delegate would make sense.

You don't get an extra delegate as the first to discover all civs.

You get to host the first World Congress if you are the first to discover all civs (and have researched Printing Press). And the current host of the World Congress, which can change, gets an extra delegate. It's a temporary benefit, not a permanent one.

Some civilization is going to get bonus delegate(s) as part of their UA. But it's hard to imagine they would change England's UA twice in two expansions. And I don't think that would be an appropriate ability for England anyway.

I was talking about for Germany. The hypothesis is that since the Zulu UA seems to tread on Germany's a bit, Germany might be getting an overhaul like France did. I was speculating--what with Bismarck being their leader and all--that they might get some kind of Realpolitik UA to go with the expanded diplomacy system. TheKingOfBigOz's suggestion was that that could entail an extra delegate, in the same way as England gets an extra spy.

Top Bottom