Guess what the next civ to be revealed will be!

So, the next civ will be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a perfectly reasonable assumption. All civs are up for grabs to be changed for BNW.

By definition, if we only have one more European civ - there can't be Venice or Normandy at the same time

We don't know for a fact there's only one more European civ, just that at least one of the remaining civs is European.

We don't know for a fact there's only one more European civ, just that at least one of the remaining civs is European.

"We have a European Civ coming still."

Kate used the singular throughout the sentence. And the tone of that sentence seems pretty clear, "a " coming still", as in that its the last one

The indefinite article "a" is a vague term, though. It could be "exactly" one or "at least one." There's a good example of this (in a US Supreme Court no less), but I'm not going to find it because searching for "a" isn't exactly fruitful ;)

Its the larger context of the sentence though. "Coming still" is an a priori given the indefinite "a", meaning its pretty much a given that it refers to the singular

CivFanatics brings out the historian, professor, artist, etc, in all of us.

Today's menu: Linguists

Not that it matters after all, since Morocco technically count as a European Civ too :lol:, so its already wrong anyways

Its the larger context of the sentence though. "Coming still" is an a priori given the indefinite "a", meaning its pretty much a given that it refers to the singular

Fair enough :D

Morocco is clearly one of the 2 civs revealed
But what will be the second one?

The Franks, Morocco or Venice.

Well, in the last Q&A they gave two civ hints: One is for an Industrial Era UU, the other is for a UA that involves International Trade Routes. I'd say both of those civs get revealed on Friday.

If Morocco's UA has International Trade Routes, the other civ has an Industrial Era UU, which points to either the Sioux or Vietnam; probably the Sioux because they would give Vietnam a Viet Cong UU for marketing reasons.

If Morocco's UU is a freaking GATLING CAMEL then the other civ has a UA involving trade routes. Which suggests either Indonesia or Venice.

Well, in the last Q&A they gave two civ hints: One is for an Industrial Era UU, the other is for a UA that involves International Trade Routes. I'd say both of those civs get revealed on Friday.

If Morocco's UA has International Trade Routes, the other civ has an Industrial Era UU, which points to either the Sioux or Vietnam; probably the Sioux because they would give Vietnam a Viet Cong UU for marketing reasons.

If Morocco's UU is a freaking GATLING CAMEL then the other civ has a UA involving trade routes. Which suggests either Indonesia or Venice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamburak

Stranger things have happened, lol

Morocco is clearly one of the 2 civs revealed
But what will be the second one?

If they're smart than they'll reveal the European (Italy, Venice, Normans, Franks) last.

My bet is they'll show the Asian civilization (I hope for the NA tribe). Either way we'll find out soon.

If they're smart than they'll reveal the European (Italy, Venice, Normans, Franks) last.

IMO the European civ options are reduced to Italy, Venice and Hungary
Italy has far more chances, being around 70-80%, while the other 2 around 10-15%

In my opinion the Industrial Era UU is probably going to be Sioux or Italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom