New Featurette

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a view of Kabul on the trade route list (0:41) , showing as being a Zulu city, but I can't see a reason the Zulus would have that as their city from the start. Possibly a hint at a new civ, maybe the Timurids or something?

Kabul is a city-state. It was most likely annexed by the Zulu.

As for the video: it was a pretty good view of the trade route system. I just wished they revealed the final two civilizations and got it over with.

We are not getting a barbarian civ. Explain to me what the purpose would be disguising your army as barbarian? Anything can attack you, including neutral stuff. Even if you wanted to pillage without DoWing, you are still vulnerable until the time you get into position. Not to mention it can be used to flat out abuse the incompetent AI, and will have no benefit whatsoever in MP play. I think the units were placed on the map or it was a modern age game. Far as the Tomohawk UU, I think the color schemes will be changed once they reveal the civilization it belongs to.

Turning off Move Animations might also turn off those for the Trade Units. However, these are civilian units and workers also keep their construction animation when toggling this option. Also I think it would still freeze the hell out of my pc because at the end of each turn all the trade units would move at once, thus requiring a lot of processing work.

We are not getting a barbarian civ. Explain to me what the purpose would be disguising your army as barbarian? Anything can attack you, including neutral stuff. Even if you wanted to pillage without DoWing, you are still vulnerable until the time you get into position. Not to mention it can be used to flat out abuse the incompetent AI, and will have no benefit whatsoever in MP play. I think the units were placed on the map or it was a modern age game. Far as the Tomohawk UU, I think the color schemes will be changed once they reveal the civilization it belongs to.

This, of course. If the tomahawk unit is not a new barbarian unique if some sort, then it was a civ unique with placeholder colors

This, of course. If the tomahawk unit is not a new barbarian unique if some sort, then it was a civ unique with placeholder colors

Or barbarians happen to take UU's of civs not in the game. We have up to what, almost 50 civs with all the DLC's? So not every Militaristic CS will get a UU. This could mean barbarians will take a UU at every era for civs not in the game. They just happened to drop a hint here.

We are not getting a barbarian civ.

The more realistic suggestion is what the unannounced civ gets ability to sell units to barbarians. This would be rather cool ability to attack enemies without declaring war or at least to block their trade routes.

Maybe the Tomahawk is just a rebel spawned by a new Native American civ? It's a much simpler theory than the ones I've heard so far.

Maybe the Tomahawk is just a rebel spawned by a new Native American civ? It's a much simpler theory than the ones I've heard so far.

Check tomahawk unit thread. There were some points against this theory from people who actually seen revels in-game. I didn't, so I don't remember actually :)

You seem to be able to get a lot of trade routes. Portugal had at least 12 in the screen they showed.

You seem to be able to get a lot of trade routes. Portugal had at least 12 in the screen they showed.

Sounds really neat, just hope it doesn't become a micromanaging nightmare (though some people like that kind of thing, haha).

That is a quick speed game and was in the end of the tech era. There was no happiness mention in the East India Company tooltip so it almost certainly got that happiness from Universal Healthcare.

@Calouste. From the released tech tree we can pretty much tell how many routes you get until end game. That does not include wonders of course. You get one each from Sailing and Animal Husbandry, those are the new stars. Then I'm almost certain you get one at Engineering since it has a new star and fits logically. I was certain that Compass had one and that is now confirmed, though I am glad range increases through tech. The next one is almost certainly at Banking. It has a new star, is logical, and the only other star in that era is at Printing Press which is WC. For Industrial it is at Biology and that is confirmed. The modern era has a lot more stars at logical techs so that is harder to tell.

So you start with 2 in Ancient and then gain 1 route per era until Modern through tech. That's a decent progression though wonders could heavily impact it. I'm pretty sure they showed the max for the trailer.

Edit. I am also really happy they boosted the Compass tech. That could be ignored in too many games. It might have gotten a boost anyway since navies seem to be more valuable in BNW. But having it add an extra route and increase trade range is quite powerful. The extra route will be useful even if you are landlocked, so it becomes a more versatile tech.

Sounds really neat, just hope it doesn't become a micromanaging nightmare (though some people like that kind of thing, haha).

For those that don't want to spend too much time choosing their trade routes, there's this screen:

Just order it by income, select whichever is on top, and go on your merry way! :D
Those that wish to carefully choose their trade routes can also study the ones available to them. They can easily see all the effects each trade route has, so they can tailor them for diplomatic, religious, or scientific benefits.

I wonder what's the last column however... :confused:

Anyone notice this wonder in Lisbon? I'm guessing it's Broadway. If it is, I probably won't be building it very often. (Ugly.)

Spoiler :

For those that don't want to spend too much time choosing their trade routes, there's this screen:

Just order it by income, select whichever is on top, and go on your merry way! :D
Those that wish to carefully choose their trade routes can also study the ones available to them. They can easily see all the effects each trade route has, so they can tailor them for diplomatic, religious, or scientific benefits.

I wonder what's the last column however... :confused:

Does the fact that it says "Zulu Kingdom" mean something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom