Support Section on Official Civ4 Site & Patch Download

Hey you guys,
I'm quite new to gaming so here's a noob question:
I've bought Civ IV complete and would like to update it to the newest version. Should I first instal earlier patches before installing 3.19? And if so, which patches do I need before I can instal 3.19?
Thanks, Rick

Oh it would be great, if I could still find those patshes and if it's possible to get it working with civilization IV complete.
Also if only necessary links would be in the beginning of this thread. Since http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/patch/ not found anymore
also I have 2 year old laptop with windows 7

I downloaded 2.08 patch and it tells me
Stil same error
The setup has detected that no version of sid meier's Civilization 4 - Warlords is installed.
This update requires that previous version of application be installed.

And yes, I have installed and played civ IV Warlords from civ complete.

Civ IV Complete is now sold fully patched already. I think the older versions may just need a patch for Beyond the Sword (BTS 3.19) but that is all, Warlords and Vanilla are already patched. Check the version of BTS when you start the game, if you need it BTS 3.19 patch will work with complete (as long as it is a disc version) but as you have found older patches will not work and are not needed anyway. If you have bought a downloaded version be careful - most of those expect patches from they same vendor you bought the download from. Standard patches are not usually compatable with dowload versions.

edit: link for patches on CivFanatics: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=cat&id=12

Yes it is offical brought from "Gamestop" http://www.gamestop.eu/ and it is DVD.
Here is version data about Warlord: CIV IV
civ version 213
save version 200
Build version 2.1.3.0
build date Thu Jun 7 00:35:55:39 2007
Build final release
Mode name none.

Ah I have not installed any pacthes to basic or to beyond the sword.

hi guys,

I have been trying for "years" without any success in patching my CIV 4 BTS on two Windows 7 Vaio that I used before, and now a Windows 8 Asus

No matter its 3.03, 3.13, 3.17 or 3.19 (no matter whether I download it from firaxis, civfanatics or elsewhere), I always get the same error message that says

"Setup has detected no version of Sid Mier's civilization 4 - Beyond the Sword is installed"

"This update requires that a previous version of the application be installed"

I have searched online for just about every possible ways to solve this issue and over the years I have spent countless hours reading up & installing/uninstalling nearly 30 times

I have the CD version for both Vanilla & BTS which came in the same package.

I read on 2k's forum that numerous others has the same exact problem but nobody seem to have a clear answer to this. If somebody could help me solve this issue so that I can finally play host of great mods which requires patch 3.19 it would HIGHLY HIGHLY appreciated!!!

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

C-Kompii

I'm trying to pull down the BtS 3.19, for my recently-acquired copy of CivIV Complete. To three different machines, that are behind different firewalls, one is XP and two are Win7, from all three of the different download sites, I get the zipfile down correctly but cannot successfully extract the ~160MB executable. The XP box gives me an error about an early EOF encountered, the Win7 boxes show an error 8004005 or something like that.

As I don't think it's something I'm doing, could someone else try downloading that file and see if they encounter the same issue, or better yet post a copy of the known-good file they already have (I may be able to arrange an FTP site to upload to) so I can pull it down from there?

I'm trying to pull down the BtS 3.19, for my recently-acquired copy of CivIV Complete. To three different machines, that are behind different firewalls, one is XP and two are Win7, from all three of the different download sites, I get the zipfile down correctly but cannot successfully extract the ~160MB executable. The XP box gives me an error about an early EOF encountered, the Win7 boxes show an error 8004005 or something like that.

As I don't think it's something I'm doing, could someone else try downloading that file and see if they encounter the same issue, or better yet post a copy of the known-good file they already have (I may be able to arrange an FTP site to upload to) so I can pull it down from there?

Where are you downloading it from?

Here's the link with 3 different sites to down from located here at civfanatics.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=323831

Where are you downloading it from?

Here's the link with 3 different sites to down from located here at civfanatics.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=323831

Yep, thanks, those are the three sites that I've pulled it down from, same issue with all three.

Ordinarily I'd interpret that as meaning it's my problem, but having tried two different sites/firewalls/ISPs among three different PCs means the only common denominator is the original file posted.

Edit:

You've led me to the fix. :) I websearched for a download site other than those three CFC-linked ones, found one that downloads the unzipped executable, and got that. It appears to have executed correctly.

are these forums still used?? i notice the majority of posts are 10 years older or more...i have a question and i dont know if id be wasting my time posting in here

sorry, those dates are not the "comment posted" date, but the time the commenter joined, but my original question remains

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth - persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic." - JFK

you mean like the myth of american superiority??

Yep, thanks, those are the three sites that I've pulled it down from, same issue with all three.

Ordinarily I'd interpret that as meaning it's my problem, but having tried two different sites/firewalls/ISPs among three different PCs means the only common denominator is the original file posted.

Edit:

You've led me to the fix. :) I websearched for a download site other than those three CFC-linked ones, found one that downloads the unzipped executable, and got that. It appears to have executed correctly.

Oooops, I forgot to respond, I had just downloaded them within a few days of that post above. I had no issue just a minute ago either. Were you using the download mirrors? I think download now alternates between those three. maybe more than 3 and you got an other site?

Glad you finally got it going.
-=Mark=-

are these forums still used?? i notice the majority of posts are 10 years older or more...i have a question and i dont know if id be wasting my time posting in here

sorry, those dates are not the "comment posted" date, but the time the commenter joined, but my original question remains

Lol, it looks like you wasted a bunch of time trying to make your post anyway. Not to mention you could have already asked your question in the time that it took you to post all the other stuff.

Anyway, yes there are still players on here.

so, asking (also, having to come back here and look for an answer, in which i am pleased in the rapid response, thanks to everyone.)
Anyway:
Is there a hide/show units toggle? every none of my units are invisible...makes the game unplayable

Yes, the hide/show units toggle is in the lower right corner with all the other show/hide buttons.

Top Bottom