Support Section on Official Civ4 Site & Patch Download

haha, joke's on me. I downloaded the patch from GameSpot and it still says I don't have Civ IV installed on my computer.

help!!
-=Mark=-

I saw this on another forum I believe, with no answers posted. When you check for updates from within the game, whether it's Civ4, or Warlords, and download the update, you receive an error when trying to start the game. Something about a missing .dll file, try to re-install the game, etc. Has anyone else got this, or found a way to fix it?? Thanks!

That links you to a web installer. I mean two posts up, the link from seayeo. It requires the web to run the application even after you download it. What would be your reply to people who need to download DirectX using another person's PC and take it on a flash drive to the stand alone PC where their game is?

That links you to a web installer. I mean two posts up, the link from seayeo. It requires the web to run the application even after you download it. What would be your reply to people who need to download DirectX using another person's PC and take it on a flash drive to the stand alone PC where their game is?
:hmm: my answer would be: use the Redistribution Version ;)

Hi Ori - that one says something about "for Software Developers" (the last thing I could be) :badcomp: . How would this following one compare to the link you posted? I notice that the one you mention is real popular on Microsoft though.
DirectX End-User Runtimes (August 2007)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F3-0949-487B-9247-8FEE451BF952&displaylang=en
:dunno:
For some reason Microsoft does not believe that customers might actually need a file :mischief: so they only supply the end user with their webinstaller - the redistributable is the right file, but they think that only software developers have computers without internet access :evil:

Please, can someone help me with my problem. I cannot read any fonts in the game. Everything else runs very good except this....

Hi,

I have Civ4 Gold Edition (v1.7.4) with Warlords and BTS. Everything works fine except a couple of the vanilla mods. I don't see a private map directory for Desert War or American Revolution. They don't appear as scenarios in the "Load Scenario" launcher, only Advanced->Load Mod.

When I load the mod, there is no choice of map, only a single radio button pointing to WB.Civ4WorldBuilderSave. The Desert War folder only has an Assets subdirectory and 1 ini file.

If I start the Desert War mod, then I can see the leaderheads and pick a civ. The first turn as Germans I have 1 machine gunner on an unexplored map.

All the Warlords mods seem to work.

This does not sound right. Am I missing a directory or two?

I have just set up an account / loggin for multiplayer games, when I login:

(1) I get a message telling me I do not have the latest patch 174

(2) that it will now download from the server

(3) the download completes fine, then I am told that the program needs to exit to complete the installation.

(4)I select 'ok' and it exits back to the desktop then does nothing.

When I try and login to the sever again it reverts back to step (1) and repeats. I desperately want to pley against my mates online but this f*ing game won't let me, when I login and the patch is downloading I can even see my mates user names on the list of active players in the background! Arrrrh

PLEASE, PLEASE HELP

Ok, im not very good with computers, so idk what to do...

I downloaded the 1.7 patch, everything went fine until I tried to play the game after the install. Once It was finished, and I tried to play Civ 4, I got the error message

"This application has failed to start becayse D3Dx9_32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

So, I figured that rather than muck with much else on this particular computer I would simply un-install the game and re-install with pre-patch settings.

Upon Unistall attempt I recieved this message...

"An error (-5004: 0x80041f42) has occurred while running the setup.

Please Make shure you have finished any previous setup and closed all other applications.
If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: Firaxis Games
(##IDS_PRODUCT_URL##)"

Due to my being ******ed, wtf does this mean... In plain English, with as simple words as possible...

I want to resume playing asap ) :

Idk what the hell to do, and im getting pissed at this comp...

Ok, so I downloaded three versions of the DirectX, two of which i got BEFORE Quotey linked me, and that one did the trick, Thanks gies ( :

Hello,

I have CivIV complete, civIV and the 2 expantions on 1 dvd. Witch patches should I use? I have downloaded 1.74, 2.08, 2.13 but non will be running. What went wrong? From this site ofcourse.

i tried to install the 1.74 patch, but i got the failed 2 install message. i uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but now when i try 2 download the patch, it fails. can anybody help?

Top Bottom