Unofficial Civ4 GameSpy Multiplayer Firewall/Router Port Forwarding Guide

I have a Linksys WRT54G router and in the software for it I only have 10 slots for port forwarding. I need to forward ports for other things besides Civ4 and there is not enough room.

Any suggestions? Is there something that I'm missing?

I have the same problem as you but I do not need port forwarding for other stuff so I take all the space of my router for civ4.
D-Link

This router is cheap, I'll get a better one soon.

If you play only with your son, you can use something like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamachi

Or use direct connect in the game.

I discovered through another thread that this out of synch problem can sometimes be fixed by emptying the cache and keeping it empty during start up of the game by holding the shift key down during initialization. This worked for us. However, now we are trying to connect a third person to the game via a second computer that is behind my Verizon FIOS firewall. My son and I establish connection and are in the staging room. The third person tries to connect and gets a message "unable to connect to the game name of my son".

Unofficial Civ4 GameSpy Multiplayer Firewall/Router Port Forwarding Guide

Tired of the Infinite looping of "Contacting/Connecting Host/Peer" messages on GameSpy?

I make it quick, here's the list of the ports (both TCP and UDP) that you need to open/forward on your Router and Firewall:

* 6667 (IRC)
* 2033 (Civ4)
* 2056 (Civ4)
* 47624 (Directplay)
* 3783 (Voice Chat Port)
* 27900 (Master Server UDP Heartbeat)
* 28900 (Master Server List Request)
* 29900 (GP Connection Manager)
* 29901 (GP Search Manager)
* 13139 (Custom UDP Pings)
* 6500 (Query Port)
* 6515 (Dplay UDP)
* 2300-2400 (DirectPlay - UDP)
EDIT: Updated Again

How i do this with COMODO Firewall Pro? I tried this in vain: http://portforward.com/english/routers/firewalling/Comodo/ComodoFirewall/Civilization_IVIn.htm

Is it IN, OUT or IN/OUT? TCP/UDP and Allow?
Even Hamachi don't help...

:cry:Internet Play, LAN, Direct IP Connection, none of them let me connect:
"The Network Socket encountered an error and was closed. Disconnected." :(

Don't ask about the Router, i do not know much about it.

Top Bottom